• wish

• Headlock

• PoisonedIvy

• Monster Queen

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

spacer.png

Yesss Carly needs those streams :jonny: But that’s not Go Find Yourself Or Whatever :sherlock:

Midnights day 19 - 48M

Happier Than Ever day 1 - 35M 

No wonder they have favourites

positions-tanked.thumb.gif.1959401779fbc

Edited by Artistofthedecade

Good thing I have her blocked so I didn’t see this. It makes you wonder how legit her numbers truly are. No doubt that she is a force, but Spotify only allows free users to skip a certain amount of times in an hour. I imagine a large host of its 250M free users are forced to stream her music because they have no other choice via Auto-play manipulation (aka the reason I have her blocked) :lakitu:

Just now, RihFenty20 said:

It makes you wonder how legit her numbers truly are.

Don't worry, they are too legit to get audited by Billboard due to fraud 

It's what you all deserve for not listening to Would've Could've Should've on repeat 1000 times like me.  God won't forgive you.

7 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

Good thing I have her blocked so I didn’t see this. It makes you wonder how legit her numbers truly are. No doubt that she is a force, but Spotify only allows free users to skip a certain amount of times in an hour. I imagine a large host of its 250M free users are forced to stream her music because they have no other choice via Auto-play manipulation (aka the reason I have her blocked) :lakitu:

Her album wasn’t available to stream in full for free unless you were a premium user, unlike Drake, Bad Bunny’s, and Blackpinks who all offered their album skip-free to free users. :lakitu: 

3 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Her album wasn’t available to stream in full for free unless you were a premium user, unlike Drake, Bad Bunny’s, and Blackpinks who all offered their album skip-free to free users. :lakitu: 

Plus, she didn't put the Anti Hero MV as a YT ad globally like *other* comebacks recently :coffee:

28 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

… the song is #1 today… for yesterday’s streams.

a day before today’s pop up began. 

So, no, it’s #1 on its own merit. Just like the song and the album had been for 14 days prior, with no pop up needed for any of those days :skull: You are so naive.

I’m naive? You’re the one performing mental gymnastics to defend your flat-ass fave for these EMBARRASSING promo tactics. :rip:

Swifties have spent years dragging other artists for payola that’s half as fraudulent as this :lmao: Wake up.

3 minutes ago, Artistofthedecade said:

Don't worry, they are too legit to get audited by Billboard due to fraud 

I would imagine so considering it’s a completely different service.

2 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Her album not being able in full to stream in full has nothing to do with auto-play manipulation. The algorithm can still push select tracks. 

14 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

The conspiracy theories :redface:

Is spotify forcing people to skip Lift Me Up as well?

Finally a deserving payola. Spotify did it on the wrong artists all this time

11 minutes ago, RihFenty20 said:

That probably gives her a lot less streams than it does rihanna, considering the latter is found in every playlist on the platform.....and given rihanna doesn't get many streams at all I guess its contribution is minimal  :cm:

6 minutes ago, wish said:

I’m naive? You’re the one performing mental gymnastics to defend your flat-ass fave for these EMBARRASSING promo tactics. :rip:

Swifties have spent years dragging other artists for payola that’s half as fraudulent as this :lmao: Wake up.

I don’t think you know what naïveté means.

Music is her career. Im not “defending” anything. You’re the one antagonizing her for doing her job which is… selling music. :dies:

And the only mental gymnastics are the conspiracy theories floating around because you people can’t fathom that Taylor Swift has played the long game with her career and won. She has succeeded in physical sales (CD AND vinyl), digital sales, streaming, touring gross, acclaim, awards everything you can imagine.

And yet because you (and a select few others) don’t like her music you come up with lame callouts like “look, she released a REMIX! Something NO other artist in HISTORY has done! Look! An iTunes banner! A Spotify pop up! That pop up MUST be why she SHATTERED streaming records! That remix MUST be the only reason the song is #1 on a global scale for multiple weeks now!!!!”

You lot can’t accept that millions of other people DO enjoy her and her music and that’s why she continues to succeed. There’s always gonna be artists you don’t like. It doesn’t mean their success is controversial or some conspiracy. Jesus Christ it’s like you guys lose sense of reality on here. The world does not revolve around your opinion of Taylor Swift. :dies: 

y’all trying so hard i’m crying :redface:

she’s still more successful than all of your faves :turkey:

4 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Music is her career. Im not “defending” anything. You’re the one antagonizing her for doing her job which is… selling music. :dies:

And the only mental gymnastics are the conspiracy theories floating around because you people can’t fathom that Taylor Swift has played the long game with her career and won. She has succeeded in physical sales (CD AND vinyl), digital sales, streaming, touring gross, acclaim, awards everything you can imagine.

And yet because you (and a select few others) don’t like her music you come up with lame callouts like “look, she released a REMIX! Something NO other artist in HISTORY has done! Look! An iTunes banner! A Spotify pop up! That pop up MUST be why she SHATTERED streaming records! That remix MUST be the only reason the song is #1 on a global scale for multiple weeks now!!!!”

You lot can’t accept that millions of other people DO enjoy her and her music and that’s why she continues to succeed. There’s always gonna be artists you don’t like. It doesn’t mean their success is controversial or some conspiracy. Jesus Christ it’s like you guys lose sense of reality on here. The world does not revolve around your opinion of Taylor Swift. :dies: 

Oh sweetie, NOBODY is reading this deranged essay :lmao: Your fave is a fraud.

1 hour ago, Kavish said:

It's more Spotify's doing.  If you had a business and a product was doing well, you would keep pushing that product to make more profits.  They always do that with the current hottest artists.  It's a win-win situation.

Also not sure why we're attacking Taylor personally here.  She has a marketing team that handles these things for her lmao. 

this

11 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

This essay is so well-written, very insightful :clap3:

Edited by Cloröx

27 minutes ago, wish said:

So now we're bodyshaming artists because you can't handle their success and streaming records? Pressed much?
Go watch this and stop pretending to be a Billie stan :mandown:

19 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

What an insightful essay :clap3:poor illiterates who cannot read :redface:

15 minutes ago, By the Water said:

The conspiracy theories :redface:

Is spotify forcing people to skip Lift Me Up as well?

I have no doubt that spotify was forcing people to stream Life Me Up as well (and they will again when Disney's check clears in 2 days after the movie drops). It can't be a conspiracy if it happens to every artist. However, I haven't seen it happen to this level before. Sending people your album and you music playing after literally any song. It's clear manipulation. Spotify has 450M users. According to a source, about 44% use it daily. Let low ball and say only 100M people use it everyday. 44M will be premium and 66M will be free. If they send 5 songs to 5M of those free people. that's a lot of streams. I imagine its a lot more than 5M people (and they probably send more than 5 songs via autoplay) considering Taylor has almost 80M monthly listeners.

14 minutes ago, Literature said:

That probably gives her a lot less streams than it does rihanna, considering the latter is found in every playlist on the platform.....and given rihanna doesn't get many streams at all I guess its contribution is minimal  :cm:

Auto-play payola is giving her less streams? how does that work? 

9 minutes ago, wish said:

Oh sweetie, NOBODY is reading this deranged essay :lmao: Your fave is a fraud.

Let me simplify:

Taylor Swift has been succeeding for 16 years. You can’t fraud your way into that type of longevity. She’s good at her job, and no amount of secondhand embarrassment from strangers on the internet will change that! 

4 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Let me simplify:

Taylor Swift has been succeeding for 16 years. You can’t fraud your way into that type of longevity. She’s good at her job, and no amount of secondhand embarrassment from strangers on the internet will change that! 

Not only has your fave done a great job convincing people that her bland music is even remotely listenable, but she’s also successfully helmed one of the most desperate Spotify campaigns of all time :clap3: Kudos!