• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptique

• PhreshDiamond

• All In My Head

• Beyonce_runthis

aaronsmithjune1

Halo - 10,700,000

And it didn't even hit #1 and became one of the most important ballads of the past 20 years. :fan:

Where's Fergie?

Pretty sure Big Girls Don't Cry sold at least 5 million by now.

Where is Call Me Maybe

On 5/28/2017 at 4:57 AM, Caprice said:

Where is Call Me Maybe

Call Me Maybe is not added in Chart Masters yet.. but it surely sold 15m minimum...

can't wait to add the other girls..

butterflysupreme
On 5/27/2017 at 5:21 PM, aaronsmithjune1 said:

Halo - 10,700,000

And it didn't even hit #1 and became one of the most important ballads of the past 20 years. :fan:

This is WW, US charts are irrelevant.

how did single ladies outsell WFL though? it doesn't make sense. WFL literally charted better everywhere, and had amazing longevity coupled with the fact that it was released at a better sales climate

the list doesn't seem accurate

2 hours ago, Mr Boots said:

how did single ladies outsell WFL though? it doesn't make sense. WFL literally charted better everywhere, and had amazing longevity coupled with the fact that it was released at a better sales climate

Triggered i see LOL

Go to the Beyoncé thread and see how it's broken down 

Edited by Diego_Costa

Just now, Diego_Costa said:

Triggered i see LOL

triggered about what? it was a reasonable question. i didn't bring anyone down. you didn't even have an answer. just came to say triggered. smh

4 minutes ago, Mr Boots said:

triggered about what? it was a reasonable question. i didn't bring anyone down. you didn't even have an answer. just came to say triggered. smh

You seemed Triggered lol, go to the Beyoncé thread. Remember to check halo too :fan:

Just now, Diego_Costa said:

You seemed Triggered lol, go to the Beyoncé thread. Remember to check halo too :fan:

i don't have to. you can check wikipedia for their chart runs. you'll see how much better wfl did and sales for songs were a lot higher in 2011/2012 compared to 2008/2009. and there isn't any country in the world where single ladies is known to have outsold wfl. not US, UK, Jap, Ger, Fra, can, aug, italy. spain which are the biggest music markets or anywhere else. that's all

5 hours ago, Mr Boots said:

i don't have to. you can check wikipedia for their chart runs. you'll see how much better wfl did and sales for songs were a lot higher in 2011/2012 compared to 2008/2009. and there isn't any country in the world where single ladies is known to have outsold wfl. not US, UK, Jap, Ger, Fra, can, aug, italy. spain which are the biggest music markets or anywhere else. that's all

MJD addresses this question:

eb9dc4ae6f3b00c2cdf9c2366811e4f9?s=42&d=MJDsays:

Hi Arep!

I’m afraid you are getting confused with Soundscan download sales only. Stay hasn’t outsold Irreplaceable by 1,5m in the US, quite the opposite as Irreplaceable sold 2 million more. The point is that you are fully missing Ringtones. 

Before smartphone propagation, people were buying ringtones as there was no iTunes app / proper music players on phones. You are comparing songs from the ringtones era of Beyoncé with songs from the downloads era of Rihanna while looking only at figures of the latter format. Please refer to below US figures.

2006 – era of Irreplaceable
Downloads: 586m
Ringtones: 315m
Addition to downloads: 54%

2008 – era of Single Ladies
Downloads: 1033m
Ringtones: 338m
Addition to downloads: 33%

2011 – era of We Found Love
Downloads: 1306m
Ringtones: 116m
Addition to downloads: 9%

2012 – era of Stay
Downloads: 1392m
Ringtones: 69m
Addition to downloads: 5%

As you can see, you can’t just look at downloads to argue your point as while you are considering almost 100% of Rihanna singles sales, you are missing 33-54% of Beyoncé singles sales. While we do know some US figures for Ringtones – Irreplaceable alone shifted 3 million units in that format in 9 months in the US only – you need to consider the same situation was true in all other markets as well.

1. 80544ce8c3721b1cd00d91844b169221?s=42&d=arepsays:

oh so ringtones…

were those also incoorporated for Rihanna? It seems like the single sales for A Girl Like Me and Good Girl Gone Bad are just pure download sales?

I am sorry but this all seems so counter-intuitive, if you follow the charts worldwide you know Rihanna scores bigger (in terms of chart run and sales) hits at a way faster rate than Beyonce everywhere. Their single sales shouldn’t be this close.

Like1 1
    1. eb9dc4ae6f3b00c2cdf9c2366811e4f9?s=42&d=MJDsays:

Yes they were!

One key element in digital sales is the period. They keep selling forever. A mid-range hit can end up selling as much or more than a big #1 with several more years of sales. Beyoncé hits have been selling for more years, selling in ringtones too. Their sales are also more spread over years post-inital reception. If you check Rihanna streaming equivalent figures I posted, you will notice I Am… Sasha Fierce alone did as much as Music Of The Sun, A Girl Like Me, Good Girl Gone Bad and Rated R combined – although within’ last months they added some streams. The same is true for downloads, songs from Beyoncé albums kept selling at a much higher rate for many years than Rihanna songs. A hit like Halo wasn’t that big first in many places but ended up amassing huge figures everywhere.

10 minutes ago, Timber said:

Hi Arep!

I’m afraid you are getting confused with Soundscan download sales only. Stay hasn’t outsold Irreplaceable by 1,5m in the US, quite the opposite as Irreplaceable sold 2 million more. The point is that you are fully missing Ringtones. 

Before smartphone propagation, people were buying ringtones as there was no iTunes app / proper music players on phones. You are comparing songs from the ringtones era of Beyoncé with songs from the downloads era of Rihanna while looking only at figures of the latter format. Please refer to below US figures.

2012 – era of Stay

As you can see, you can’t just look at downloads to argue your point as while you are considering almost 100% of Rihanna singles sales, you are missing 33-54% of Beyoncé singles sales. While we do know some US figures for Ringtones – Irreplaceable alone shifted 3 million units in that format in 9 months in the US only – you need to consider the same situation was true in all other markets as well.

oh so ringtones…

were those also incoorporated for Rihanna? It seems like the single sales for A Girl Like Me and Good Girl Gone Bad are just pure download sales?

I am sorry but this all seems so counter-intuitive, if you follow the charts worldwide you know Rihanna scores bigger (in terms of chart run and sales) hits at a way faster rate than Beyonce everywhere. Their single sales shouldn’t be this close.

Like1 1

Yes they were!

One key element in digital sales is the period. They keep selling forever. A mid-range hit can end up selling as much or more than a big #1 with several more years of sales. Beyoncé hits have been selling for more years, selling in ringtones too. Their sales are also more spread over years post-inital reception. If you check Rihanna streaming equivalent figures I posted, you will notice I Am… Sasha Fierce alone did as much as Music Of The Sun, A Girl Like Me, Good Girl Gone Bad and Rated R combined – although within’ last months they added some streams. The same is true for downloads, songs from Beyoncé albums kept selling at a much higher rate for many years than Rihanna songs. A hit like Halo wasn’t that big first in many places but ended up amassing huge figures everywhere.

:clap3::clap3: When people finally figure out that Bey has been undervalued and some of her stats/sales haven't been updated since 2009/2010... that is when people become shook and silent,  :clap3:

Oop, looks like Telephone isn't Beyoncé's biggest WW after all. Or 2nd, or 3rd biggest. :fan:

Bey :jonny4:

that local bitch has so many classics

3 hours ago, Timber said:

Hi Arep!

2012 – era of Stay

oh so ringtones…

Like1 1

Yes they were!

so ringtones are included? were ringtones still a thing in 2009/ can't really remember. anyway that's good to know. 

nvm. i've seen that ringtones were still quite a thing

Edited by Mr Boots

Punch, Bey :clap3: 

On 5/31/2017 at 3:56 PM, Mr Boots said:

19 hours ago, Timber said:

Hi Arep!

2012 – era of Stay

oh so ringtones…

Like1 1

Yes they were!

tbh I was shocked with how big beyonce's single are doing, considerating their cjart runs and particular certs per country. I was thinking back then that he migh've overestimated it or the certs and numbers are not just updated..

but hey, all of his numbers are kinda accurate.. proves once again that at some point CHARTS aren't evrything.. for example BTW charting 9weeks only at top10 in US but selling 10m WW.. it was really big in asia SMASHA, like Japan alone  1M sold ringtone and .25 downloads..

Aw Telephone aint bey her biggest song:fan:

Wow Rihanna :clap3: 

Such consistency over 10 + years no one comes close to her. She was so easily able to transition from sales to streaming as well :jonny: while the other girls Bar Adele died like flies. :toofunny2: 

Will be interesting to see if Taylor falls inline with Adele and Rihanna 

Or Gaga, Beyonce and Katy 

I believe that if this was updated Meghan would have at least 2 entries and AATB would be in the top 20. JS

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2017 at 2:19 AM, ExposerReloaded said:

I believe that if this was updated Meghan would have at least 2 entries and AATB would be in the top 20. JS

yeah.. AATB is a global SMASH.. waiting for new updates in chartmasters.. :duca:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.