Måneskin - 'RUSH!'

Slate

Spotify • unfiltered streams (January 20) 
total: 10,018,186 

1. Own My Mind 632 303
2. Gossip 1 270 544
3. Timezone 587 285
4. Bla Bla Bla 527 327
5. Baby Said 1 045 055
6. Gasoline 557 037
7. Feel 461 206
8. Don't Wanna Sleep 429 557
9. Kool Kids 386 868
10. If Not For You 398 190
11. Read Your Diary 379 513
12. Mark Chapman 373 581
13. La Fine 402 450
14. Il Dono Della Vita 344 003
15. Mammamia 368 985
16. Supermodel 634 925
17. The Loneliest 1 219 357

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nefertiti0

• GustavoBardusco

• EnterTheAttic

• GRMusic

28 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

Spotify • unfiltered streams (January 20) 
total: 10,018,186 

1. Own My Mind 632 303
2. Gossip 1 270 544
3. Timezone 587 285
4. Bla Bla Bla 527 327
5. Baby Said 1 045 055
6. Gasoline 557 037
7. Feel 461 206
8. Don't Wanna Sleep 429 557
9. Kool Kids 386 868
10. If Not For You 398 190
11. Read Your Diary 379 513
12. Mark Chapman 373 581
13. La Fine 402 450
14. Il Dono Della Vita 344 003
15. Mammamia 368 985
16. Supermodel 634 925
17. The Loneliest 1 219 357

so its a flop?

Flopped. Despite Spotify sending out messages to tens of millions of premium users lol. 

Baby Said - Own My Mind - Gasoline are my holy trinity. The songs in Italian bop too...don't really care much for the others. :rockon:

Edited by Lyrical Liar

the album is decent but nothing outstanding really. The Loneliest, Supermodel and Gasoline are the highlights but I don't see myself coming back to the rest of the album

I guess I officially outgrew my Maneskin phase :gaycat7: it was nice while it lasted 

Edited by Flomik

They spamming that s****  song (loneliest) in every radio in Poland :biblio:    Italy has nothin better to offer? :rip:

This album was so much better than I expected it to be, I really enjoy it.

My favourites are:

Timezone - Literally a smash waiting to happen. Why didn’t they release this earlier? If Tik Tok gets a hold of that chorus, especially the second part, it’s over for everybody. Amazing song. 

Baby Said - This one has Max Martin all over it. A good funky pop rock track with a really really catchy chorus and memorable little quirks. 

Gasoline - This samples Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) right? The verses are exactly the same melody as that chorus. The structure of this song is amazing, really punchy, edgy and heavy sounding compared to the rest of the album. A real standout. 
The Loneliest - Amazing power ballad, sounds like big hit from the 90’s. The GP did this and Supermodel dirty.

Bla Bla Bla and Kool Kids are really embarrassing songs, I hate to sound mean but they did not do what they thought they did with those songs. Good thing the rest of the album bops. 

What I will say is that the album is maybe a little bit too similar sounding? There’s a lot of very similar guitar riffs throughout the album that make songs such as Don’t Wanna Sleep, Feel and Gossip all basically sound the same but it’s fine because they’re good songs. 

i really enjoyed this album. fitting for future bna winners 

Hmm I love a sellout album, but this is unfortunately not very good. Timezone is easily the highlight for me and I’m baffled they’re not giving it a push. It feels like they’re trying too hard while at the same time not trying nearly enough 

BLAH BLAH BLAH

is a bop :katie2:

It's a solid 6,75. Teatro d'Ira was much better, obviously. I miss a great rock ballad in Italian, although If Not For You is cute. Bla Bla Bla reminded me to that song in Miley's last album. It was fun and catchy. Overall, the singles are the highlights but Timezone, Gasoline and Read Your Diary deserve some recognition too :giraffe:

Finally got to listen! Loved most of it. A very strong album with some very catchy songs!

Here are my first-listen thoughts!

Own My Mind: Loved it from the first listen. Love the distortion in the vocal production. Very catchy song!

Gossip: LOVE IT! Addictive, very rock n roll! The video is badass too!

Timezone: Beautiful soft rock ballad! Nice drop!

Bla Bla Bla: The song had potential but fell flat

Baby Said: Cute song. Kind of a filler but I could also see it growing in me.

Feel: Cute. Again kind of a filler

Don't Wanna Sleep: Really like it. Love the guitar riff. Definitely a grower.

Kool Kids: A song will never revisit in my lifetime.

If Not For You: Very cute. Such a feel good vibe. This will be a grower!

Read Your Diary: Loved it! Again, very addictive!

Mark Chapman: Not bad, but kind of a filler.

La Fine: Meh

Il Dono Della Vita: That was good. I feel like it can grow in me.

Mammamia: I've always liked it!

Supermodel: Not theis best single, but listenable.

The Loneliest: A masterpiece. A career highlight!

#3 - UK Album midweek Chart (based on sales across Friday - Sunday)

it looks like the Top 2 is out of reach and Taylor is is only 300 copies behind
8,495 — The Reytons - What's Rock and Roll? [7,930 physicals]
4,585 — Black Star Riders - Wrong Side of Paradise [3,293 physicals]
3,190 — Måneskin - RUSH! [1,949 physicals]
2,885 — Taylor Swift - Midnights
2,683 — The Weeknd - The Highlights

Edited by Nefertiti0

It's an undeniably catchy album, it's a shame a song like Kool Kids bring this down so much.

On 1/22/2023 at 4:41 PM, Flomik said:

the album is decent but nothing outstanding really. The Loneliest, Supermodel and Gasoline are the highlights but I don't see myself coming back to the rest of the album

I guess I officially outgrew my Maneskin phase :gaycat7: it was nice while it lasted 

I feel like many others are moving on from them too. Maybe they should go all Italian again. Instead of chasing wider appeal with English. And I don't know a word of Italian but somehow it sounds so good for them.

The album is just ok. The quality truly went down once they've gone international. The are much better in italian, especially the lyrics.

Bla bla bla was terrible, most songs are ok, a bit forgettable.

Best songs were Il Dono Della Vita and Gasoline. Baby Said and The Loneliest are good too.

Top 100 Albums

1 The Reytons - What's Rock and Roll? *
2 Black Star Riders - Wrong Side of Paradise *
3 Måneskin - RUSH! *

UK always fickle with them based on singles performance so this quite really good result, first two are local rock acts (their albums are better tho i confirm) and vinyl stocked on board. impressive, USA HDD next... 

I'm starting to like the album more with more listens, haha. I hope this album does well. I really like Damiano's voice. That's their main strength.

'Read Your Diary' is on repeat! I'm obsessed!!

How can I listen to Touch Me, which was a Japanese bonus track? I ain't moving to Japan. 

36 minutes ago, EnterTheAttic said:

'Read Your Diary' is on repeat! I'm obsessed!!

How can I listen to Touch Me, which was a Japanese bonus track? I ain't moving to Japan. 

50 minutes ago, GRMusic said:

I have heard the demo, long before, but I wanted to listen to the official live version thay was released with the album

35 minutes ago, EnterTheAttic said:

I have heard the demo, long before, but I wanted to listen to the official live version thay was released with the album

The version on the Japanese album is no live version, it's just the HQ version of "Touch Me" as it was already released on the Mammamia-vinyl.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.