The Bear | FX on Hulu | Season 3

Almodusa

I love Matty Matheson, his acting era. More talented and cooler than Gordon Ramsey I fear

insta.thumb.gif.691c20ec0b9d5fc4cfbf573b0bde28e6.gif

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Chemist

• Ampersand13

• Lovett

11 Astra Award (HCA) nominations (for season 2):

- Best Streaming Comedy Series

- Best Actress in a Streaming Comedy Series: Ayo Edebiri

- Best Actor in a Streaming Comedy Series: Jeremy Allen White

- Best Supporting Actress in a Streaming Comedy Series: Abby Elliott, Liza Colon-Zayas

- Best Supporting Actor in a Streaming Comedy Series: Ebon Moss-Bachrach, Matty Matheson, Oliver Platt

- Best Directing in a Streaming Comedy Series: "Fishes" directed by Christopher Storer

- Best Writing in a Streaming Comedy Series: "Fishes" by Joanna Calo and Christopher Storer

- Best Guest Actor in a Comedy Series: Bob Odenkirk, Jon Bernthal

- Best Guest Actress in a Comedy Series: Jamie Lee Curtis, Olivia Colman, Sarah Paulson

Set Decorator Society of America (SDSA) nomination (for season 2):

- Best Achievement in Décor/Design of a Half-Hour Single-Camera Series

Season 2 of The Bear has received 23 nominations, a record for any comedy series in a single year!

it really is a scam to call it a comedy . haven't laughed at all this season

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just finished this season. Having a mixed feelings about it, some moments were really enjoying and some were just pointless. Episode 6 probably was my favorite, but I just love everything about Tina. Overall this season had too many distractions on dull dialogues and characters staring into the emptiness while many many flashbacks are playing on a screen. They really could fit everything that happened in just 5-6 episodes. I don't get why they've decided not to show us review in the finale, it would make this season at least a bit more whole and would make some foreshadowing for the next season.  Also what was the point of that flower dessert, Marcus was trying to make the whole season. They didn't even show it. Did he make it and I missed i, or they forgot about it, or they want to keep it for the next season? Idk cause no one's going to remember that in a year...

I kinda wished to see more stories about working process, when they're serving guests and cooking stuff, but we only got like one or two episodes covering it. All we saw most of the times is a restaurant some hours before opening, when everyone just does nothing and still finds a reason to yell about something

Also, if I were Sydney I would fleed this place the moment I got another offer. I'm so tired of seeing her not being able to do anything, cause all the decisions come from Carmy, and I hate their dialogues — he does something stupid or causes another hysteria, just says sorry, and it happens all over again. I hope they get a bad review and somehow Carmy would understand that they need to collaborate in order to succeed, it's not just about him and his traumas

• Like 1

This season was not it. Nothing happened. I'm shocked they didn't even show a single shot of Sugar giving birth :deadbanana:  10 episodes to make progress in things that could've happened with 3/4 episodes max. 

• Like 1

I still can't believe how disappointed I am in this season.  Its still 8/10 though. The Faks are annoying. They shouldn't have shot the seasons back to back.

• Like 2

The Academy needs to change the rules accordingly to put this under drama like it did with OINTB bc this is such an egregious example of category fraud

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

On E9 and this isn't just disappointing or underwhelming... it's straight up BAD.  The quality fell off a cliff.  Not one interesting thing has happened, the story hasn't been moved forward at all besides Sydney getting the offer from the other restaurant, and the dialogue has been dull.  The Faks are horribly unfunny, and they're the only "funny" part :deadbanana: 

And yes, this is category fraud.  It's not even remotely a comedy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.