The Bear | FX on Hulu | Season 3 out now!

Almodusa

Season 3 will premiere this upcoming June!

I wonder how the next Lead Actress race will look like with Jean Smart returning with season 3 of Hacks this spring and season 3 of Abbott Elementary currently airing.

Fresh off the winter award season, season 2 won (among many other ceremonies):

Golden Globes Awards

• Best Television Series - Musical or Comedy
  • Best Actor - Television Series Musical or Comedy (Jeremy Allen White)
  • Best Actress - Television Series Musical or Comedy (Ayo Edebiri)

Critics Choice Awards

• Best Comedy Series
  • Best Actor in a Comedy Series (Jeremy Allen White)
  • Best Actress in a Comedy Series (Ayo Edebiri)
  • Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series (Ebon Moss-Bachrach)

Screen Actors Guild Awards

• Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series
  • Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series (Jeremy Allen White)
  • Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series (Ayo Edebiri)

Season 1 of the show won 10 Emmys (out of 13 noms) earlier this year after the ceremony was delayed for 4 months.

Primetime Emmy Awards

• Outstanding Comedy Series
  • Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series (Jeremy Allen White)
  • Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series (Ebon Moss-Bachrach)
  • Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series (Ayo Edebiri)
  • Outstanding Directing in a Comedy Series ("Review")
  • Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series ("System")
  • Outstanding Casting in a Comedy Series
  • Outstanding Picture Editing for a Single-Camera Comedy Series ("System")
  • Outstanding Sound Editing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) and Animation ("Review")
  • Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) and Animation ("Review")

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Chemist

• Ampersand13

• The Witch

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Edited by Almodusa

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Edited by Almodusa

• 1 month later...

Dang I loved the first 2 seasons so much. But these first 3 episodes of season 3 were just annoying.. Is it a montage of food or are well telling a story. I don't remember seasons 1-2 being this drawn out. Also I'm tired of all the shouting.

Edited by eclipsed

Spoiler

when faks took the broth to the customers, talked himself through the process, and brought the broth back :ahh:

3x01 was so pretentious :skull: should've been 10 minutes MAX, like we get it, he's mentally ill

• Like 1

I enjoyed this season and the finale was very good.  But I will always side-eye and scoff at this show masquerading as a comedy robbing actual comedy shows from winning awards at the televised ceremonies. 

• Like 2

i suspect the emmys woulda been:

ted lasso

series threepeat

actor threepeat

s actor threepeat

s actress bounceback win 

d/w woulda been a split between ted and barry

13 hours ago, Liafen said:

3x01 was so pretentious :skull: should've been 10 minutes MAX, like we get it, he's mentally ill

Oh, okay, 3x02 is not only a return to form but probably one of the strongest eps overall. Insanely good and a perfect actual season opener. They should've released 3x01 while we were waiting for the season as an "amuse bouche" - that's how I'm going to look at it. 

• Like 1

Real tired of the Claire storyline. They keep making it out to be this intense romance with all the flashbacks, but all I'm getting is they had crushes on each other as kids & their families knew each other. Cut her out next season.

• Thanks 1

I like the season overall and I get that it's more character driven, but I really wish they pushed more of the story since it went too slow. Especially for the fact that it's only 10 episodes and now we have to wait a long time for the next season. 

There's no other way to spin it for me this season just wasn't good and the to be continued at the end was the final slap in the face. Its not even about it being character focused because you can have episodes like the Jamie Lee episode and develop your characters, but there was a lot of garbage in this season that was just pretentious filler. Still look forward to season 4 with the hope the story will pick up, theres are a lot of things I love about this show but lets stop with the constant flashbacks, the images flashing on the screen, the montages of foods, the nonsensical conversations, the characters staring into thin air while nothing is happening. This can happen now and then but the way it was happening every 5 seconds really ruined the season. There was no need for them to waste 10 episodes like they did, we could have gotten this point across in half the time or less. They had 2 storylines - the possibility of Sydney leaving and the review neither of which were completed.

Hopefully next seasson there is less Fak brothers too, they are insufferable. The running Haunting skit being stretched for the entire season was nothing but infuriating and like its been said this is obviously NOT a comedy don't know how they scammed their way into that category.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.