Rihanna's red hair single run: a throwback

Virgos Groove

220px-Love_the_Way_You_Lie_cover.png220px-Only_Girl_(In_the_World).png220px-Rihanna_-_What's_My_Name.png220px-Who's_That_Chick_cover.pngtumblr_pt7ns0WImM1t5k3m4_250.gif220px-Rihanna_-_S&M.png220px-Man_Down.png220px-California_King_Bed_cover.png220px-Cheers_(Drink_to_That).png220px-Fly_nicki_minaj.jpg

438 days of generation-defining bops, hits and smashas, all accompanied by that iconic red hair :jonny:

WHO was doing it like her? :alexz:

20 minutes ago, Fastlane said:

Cheers should have been a number-one hit, but it has got tour video treatment and was killed by WFL. 

A sabotage 

I remember a girl I knew at the time saying she wasn't a fan of the red hair because it wasn't as edgy or trendsetting at the as the GGGB/Rated R era hair. Little did she know that red wig would be just as, if not more, iconic than those eras hair :eli:

Also, she released some of my favorite Rihanna hits during the red hair era. Ugh, what an iconic time for Rihanna and pop music! She was giving everything :jonny:

2 hours ago, Fastlane said:

Cheers should have been a number-one hit, but it has got tour video treatment and was killed by WFL. 

1 hour ago, WEEKND said:

A sabotage 

The way it was flying up the charts even with a tour video then Rihanna killed it's momentum with WFL. She's sick! :jonny2:

The way that red wig held her career together during 2010-2011

Iconic indeed

Rihanna is so impactful just based on her hair, imagine that.

Red hair was one of the most iconic looks. 

Also a good Era. Full of successful 

14 hours ago, KLatz said:

The way it was flying up the charts even with a tour video then Rihanna killed it's momentum with WFL. She's sick! :jonny2:

Yeah, I just checked stats, it peaked at #7 on Hot 100 and #11 on Mainstream Top 40 during October. :rip:

Likewise, WFL have killed You Da One or whatever it was called. 

16 hours ago, Fastlane said:

I miss the days of Rih's last single of an era being released just weeks before the lead to her new era :rip::jonny4:

whilst Rihanna tended to  be a a bit faceless at times just whacking out single after single, this red hair era was geniunely a thing in my country (UK). Quite regularly a post about men wearing t-shirts with rihanna's red hair back in  printed on it will go viral on twitter - there's a shop called 'topman' that sold it in 2012 and it was prominently paired with chinos

floptinaisapig.thumb.png.5fd7eee4bac0f1b

37 minutes ago, Mr. Stratus said:

whilst Rihanna tended to  be a a bit faceless at times just whacking out single after single, this red hair era was geniunely a thing in my country (UK). Quite regularly a post about men wearing t-shirts with rihanna's red hair back in  printed on it will go viral on twitter - there's a shop called 'topman' that sold it in 2012 and it was prominently paired with chinos

floptinaisapig.thumb.png.5fd7eee4bac0f1b

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Red is such a beautiful hair colour, and it suited Rihanna so well. I wish she had continued to go with that look longer.

12 minutes ago, Xder said:

Her best era...

Ironically the music aged the worst tbh. S&M, Only Girl, etc are just a product of their time.

Rated R, its predecessor remains superior and the better album idgaf what ATRL tells me 

I had the Red hair sweater from River Island :deadbanana:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.