Ellie Goulding - 'Higher Than Heaven'

BlackoutZone

Standard cover is by FAR the more gorgeous one; in fact, the best cover of 2023 thus far. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• lola4789

• Cqmerqn

• Something

7 hours ago, R`0`K`R said:

She has the most helium-filled sounding voice.

Which is why it's so good

Whenever intuition* intro plays I always think it's title track 💀

Edited by Delirious

41 minutes ago, Danial said:

Where are all the Midnight Dreams stans at 

oprah-handsup.gif

@Insanity 🤭

By the end of the night is just pop perfection and u know it. :butterfly:

8 hours ago, Ivan_brit said:

Intersting Better Man is the song they choose to be added on some New Music Friday Playlist + got a video

Love the song specially beacuse is kind of dark but not my fave song on the album

Maintaining her penchant for bizarre single choices I see :skull: 

• ATRL Administrator

Easy Lover is kind of amazing. 

1 hour ago, Danial said:

Where are all the Midnight Dreams stans at 

oprah-handsup.gif

U rang

don’t like it :sosad:love goes on, by the end of the night and better man are cute tho

3 hours ago, Delirious said:

Which is why it's so good

I personally don’t connect with her tone. To each their own.

Amazing album - no-frills, immaculately crafted pop album with zero skips.

My personal top 3:

1. Higher Than Heaven 

2. Temptation

3. Midnight Dreams

At this point I wonder if her sabotage is deliberate honestly releasing a video for a bonus track? This is literally like the lights mv and the power mv rolled into one and she had so many better songs sitting there. Tastes like you is currently my fave but we will see if it stays that way

31 minutes ago, Joesuxx said:

At this point I wonder if her sabotage is deliberate honestly releasing a video for a bonus track? This is literally like the lights mv and the power mv rolled into one and she had so many better songs sitting there. Tastes like you is currently my fave but we will see if it stays that way

It’s her favourite song on the album. It’s likely at the point where no music videos released from this will meaningfully affect anything given their low viewership so why not just do what she wants?

Just now, WyldChyld said:

It’s her favourite song on the album. It’s likely at the point where no music videos released from this will meaningfully affect anything given their low viewership so why not just do what she wants?

Because this is a very marmite song and there are still chances of hits to be had? Thankfully - a lot of the coverage for this album is picking up on the ageism she’s currently experiencing. With Miracle doing well it’s the perfect time for something like Midnight Dreams to follow up End of the Night and for Radio to take note of the comments. I mean that would be the sensible choice however that said it comes as literally no surprise to me that you of all people would be ok with this album flopping. 

16 minutes ago, sam.teas said:

How Long is a smash. It grew fast on me… maybe in my top 3 @Delirious :giraffe:

see i told yall!! it's kinda aging for me tho cause it's SOOOOO repetitive. Like jesus cut down the how long chorus once :deadbanana2: it's still my fave album track tho but just for you might beat it :eatpopcorn:

so many songs suffer the same problem. id rather have shorter songs i can replay over and over and over

21 hours ago, St. Francis said:

From Apple Music:

Thank you so much for this!

The album is having me playing it non-stop. Must be the first Ellie album of hers I replayed that much since Lights. lol

I stayed away from all the songs. Now I’m glad I did, and I’m excited. Especially since y’all said this is for the Delirium stans

Why is Midnight Dreams doing its thing?

iTunes:

US: #44

Canada: #78

UK: #90

Switzerland: #105

Germany: #140

5 hours ago, ahauntingnearu said:

Standard cover is by FAR the more gorgeous one; in fact, the best cover of 2023 thus far. 

you served taste for once

ItuKx0m.gif

This album is really amazing wtf :wanda: Ellie sis I’m sorry I’ve been sleeping :wanda: