• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• By the Water

• simmnfierzig

• Klein

• Mr. Duff

2 minutes ago, Folklore89sm said:

Yeah this has gone on long enough. Shelve Karma and push Cruel Summer.

THIS. She killed the Midnights era with her announcing SN TV so pushing Karma now is basically pointless :dancehall3:. What she needs to do is release a MV for CS and a special edition of “Lover” with AOTGYLB & Need and maybe this way Cruel Summer can re-enter the Hot 100 and reach a new peak and also get a 2nd week at #1 for Lover on the Billboard 200. And she has enough time until SN TV to do this

3 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

THIS. She killed the Midnights era with her announcing SN TV so pushing Karma now is basically pointless :dancehall3:. What she needs to do is release a MV for CS and a special edition of “Lover” with AOTGYLB & Need and maybe this way Cruel Summer can re-enter the Hot 100 and reach a new peak and also get a 2nd week at #1 for Lover on the Billboard 200. And she has enough time until SN TV to do this

Why? It's not like Midnights has lost streams since SN anouncement and Karma still has nice gains on radio. I don't see the point of pushing Cruel Summer or Lover right now.

If it becomes a single it wont do anything on the charts radio is not gonna be keen on playing it. 

I would rather it smashes on it's own. The only thing her team needs to do is playlist payola it to the heavens that's it. But we know her team is dumb so that will never happen :gaycat6:

The fact that she released ME! over this still sends ME! For how chart hungry she is, like how?! To be a fly on the wall during that decision making. Some exec should have vetoed it.

This needs an official video and a radio release. It’ll smash so so so hard. Might even become the first single from lover to hit #1. 

Honestly one of the most baffling choices to not have made this a single but a smash is a smash :giraffe:

Her streams are so insane. And it’s so surprising to me that IKYWT and love story are not in her top 10 most streamed. But wow at cruel summer smashing like this. 

27 minutes ago, TayDuaStan said:

She killed the Midnights era with her announcing SN TV

Let's not dramatize. She didn't even change her layout on social media, it's still Midnights :deadbanana2: Plus, Karma's video has probably been shot already. It's performing really well on radio, so it's definitely gonna be a summer smash

Edited by Carry My Heart

31 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

The fact that she released ME! over this still sends ME! For how chart hungry she is, like how?! To be a fly on the wall during that decision making. Some exec should have vetoed it.

It's the drawback of her being so in charge of everything :gaycat6:. Her team is all old white men who go with anything she says because they know nothing about the industry, she's the head of her own management so it's not like there is anyone who is ever gonna challenge her decisions, and Republic is happy to let her do her thing because she owns her masters. I think the difference between the release of Lover and Folklore/ Evermore/ Midnights is just her learning how the industry works now, similarly to how she changed strategies between Fearless tv and Red Tv. 

Edited by Cleanromantic

I WAS ABOUT TO MAKE THIS THREAD. But omg as the world's biggest Cruel Summer stan whose been fantasising it being a single ever since its release - this is insane to see. Like how is this even happening??

I guarantee you that if Taylor pushed this instead of Karma y’all would spend the next few years crying about how she didn’t push more singles for what’s one of her biggest albums :redface:

17 minutes ago, Theluckyone said:

Her streams are so insane. And it’s so surprising to me that IKYWT and love story are not in her top 10 most streamed. But wow at cruel summer smashing like this. 

They were 19th and 10th combined yesterday. TV and original

what was the daily number? I'm dying to know

1 hour ago, TayDuaStan said:

Midnights passed both Hair Loss and SOS for the first time ever on US Apple Music yesterday....

1 hour ago, 305 said:

What will it take for it to chart again?

Its getting pretty close now. Possible that it gets there soon

1 hour ago, Clauss said:

Cruel Summer with 2 million streams :rip:

imagine if this would have been the lead single. #1 for 10 weeks?

I don’t think anything was beating Old Town Road at that time. Maybe if it was released as the 2nd or 3rd single, it would have a better chance at a long stay at #1, as OTR wasn’t as strong later in the summer and Truth Hurts wasn’t a particularly strong #1 (it did get beat out by the forgotten HITR one week).

14 hours ago, By the Water said:

Streams Yesterday (May 8, 2023): 76.1M

Overall Rank: #1

Female Rank: #1

Albums Daily Streams (May 8, 2023):

1. Midnights - 14,040,278

2. Lover - 8,602,164

3. 1989 - 7,954,740 +1

4. Speak Now - 7,308,671 -1

5. folklore - 7,233,967

6. reputation - 6,548,302

7. Red (Taylor's Version) - 5,604,480

8. Fearless (Taylor's Version) - 4,900,003

9. evermore - 4,146,017

10. Red - 1,496,291

11. Taylor Swift - 1,467,714

12. Fearless - 1,316,069

Top 10 most streamed songs yesterday (May 8, 2023):

1. Anti-Hero - 2,652,629

2. Cruel Summer - 1,912,228

3. Enchanted - 1,635,582

4. Blank Space - 1,623,847

5. cardigan - 1,524,832

6. Style - 1,479,392

7. Karma - 1,469,571

8. Don't Blame Me - 1,335,183

9. All Of The Girls You Loved Before - 1,273,802

10. Lavender Haze - 1,225,854

who tf is still streaming the stolen versions i just wanna talk

I'd prefer if she let's this be a album track cuz if she makes it a single and fumbles somehow I'll be very disappointed :toofunny2:

3 hours ago, Walk_Away21 said:

It was really unnecessary for Taylor to release ME! and so close to OTR’s peak. In any case, YNTCD should have been the lead single. Then, Taylor could have dominated the late summer/early fall with Cruel Summer and Lover.

2 hours ago, R.E.M. said:

who tf is still streaming the stolen versions i just wanna talk

I think the streams are mainly coming from playlist (curated by Spotify or by the users) that still have the OG singles on it (LS, YBWM, WANEGBT, IKYWT...).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, Klein said:

I think the streams are mainly coming from playlist (curated by Spotify or by the users) that still have the OG singles on it (LS, YBWM, WANEGBT, IKYWT...).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

The only songs on any of my playlists that I didn't swap for the TVs were the Red pop singles and I know it's not just me

7 hours ago, Axelios said:

Why? It's not like Midnights has lost streams since SN anouncement and Karma still has nice gains on radio. I don't see the point of pushing Cruel Summer or Lover right now.

Only top 3 still after half a year 🤗

I think she should keep Karma as the radio single to promote Midnights ( her current smash era) but also make an MV for Cruel Summer and give it a mini moment like ATW without sending it to radio. 

She's currently on the ERAS tour so doing things like that kinda fits the theme no? pushing whatever song is popular from all her past eras in their own way

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.