BTW outstreaming Bey's discography (sans Renaissance). Why?

Hot Volcano

5 hours ago, Zaram said:

Has any Beyonce stan by now answered the question in the op or are they still all going off topic?:coffee2:

Its been answered many times but you've just chose to ignore it :celestial5:

1. Gaga's discography is actually streaming fewer numbers than Bey's which is why OP had to be edited lol. Bey's new successful album is pulling 7m per day. 
2. If you want to exclude Renaissance, Beyonce fans are streaming less of her old music, because they're enjoying her new music which is why Rennaissance is serving legs Chromatica could only dreamed of. 
3. Gaga's discog is having a nice boost from her successful tour and BTW specifically has had several viral moments this year. Her most recent album however is performing relatively poorly and being outstreamed by Beyonce's 19 year old debut... we could make a thread about it but that'd be petty.
4. Both girls are winning, go and stream Rennaissance like the rest of the GP 

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BnPac

• Hot Volcano

• bijonse

• GraceRandolph

So this thread was inaccurate and flamebait to the point the title had to be changed?

Inch resting.

Edited by Jay07

8 hours ago, NausAllien said:

Yes. The mods forced OP @Hot Volcano to change the title because Hives reported the thread and mods would have closed it if the title wasn't changed (because mods apparently care about the accuracy of thread titles... but only when it comes to protecting Gaga's ego)

Fixed that for you. Though if it were a Gaga thread, the mods would have locked it within seconds. 

10 hours ago, OreGuy said:

she released a string of flops such as Everything is Love and The Gift yet her discography at the time was barely scraping daily streams :ahh: be serious

Ya even with Halo and CIL outstreaming any of Gagas 2000s singles? Please. 

OT: Flop stays flopping 

5 hours ago, Otter said:

Its been answered many times but you've just chose to ignore it :celestial5:

1. Gaga's discography is actually streaming fewer numbers than Bey's which is why OP had to be edited lol. Bey's new successful album is pulling 7m per day. 
2. If you want to exclude Renaissance, Beyonce fans are streaming less of her old music, because they're enjoying her new music which is why Rennaissance is serving legs Chromatica could only dreamed of. 
3. Gaga's discog is having a nice boost from her successful tour and BTW specifically has had several viral moments this year. Her most recent album however is performing relatively poorly and being outstreamed by Beyonce's 19 year old debut... we could make a thread about it but that'd be petty.
4. Both girls are winning, go and stream Rennaissance like the rest of the GP 

Yikes it's worse than I thought 

Beyonce's music is not relatable to people outside the black community.

13 hours ago, besaid said:

I'm very surprised that Judas is outstreaming Drunk in Love, all the Lemonade singles, Single Ladies and Baby Boy. Beyonce looks very forgotten once you see the facts and the data.

Judas is outstreaming all those Beyonce songs?

:ghostface:

12 hours ago, naval23 said:

If Bey wants her listeners to stream her older albums she can release a flop like Chromatica or Artpop or Joanne instead

Chromatica just crossed 4.1M WW units and has 2.1B streams on Spotify, it’s not a good example actually.

50 minutes ago, Aristide said:

Yikes

1 hour ago, DonnieDarko said:

Judas: 217m
Born This Way: 432m

Vs

Run the World: 465m
Love On Top: 500m

Best Thing I Never Had: 328m

At this rate Judas will catch up to 4's singles 2030 :priceless:

Applause: 365m

Vs

DIL: 506m
7/11: 504m
Partition: 407m

We shouldn't set Gaga up like this. On another note Judas is one of her best singles, so glad its finally getting some appreciation.

Edited by Otter

2 hours ago, Aristide said:

And then y’all will accuse the Hive of pulling the “racism card.” :shakeno:

1 hour ago, DonnieDarko said:

Bey had top 20 hits out-streaming Gaga’s top 5s for over a decade lol :toofunny2: What’s happening now is that Bey’s catalog is being neglected while Renaissance still gathers 7-8M daily streams. Much like Gaga’s recent catalog surge, Bey will also get a boost when she goes on her summer tour. 

52 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

And then y’all will accuse the Hive of pulling the “racism card.” :shakeno:

That user is constantly saying insane **** like that, when will it be banned for good 

:biblio:

Because Beyonce's biggest market is America and majority of her American streams come from Apple Music. As Apple Music is a bigger streaming service in the US than Spotify. 

Beyonce has overall more streams than Gaga when estimating all platforms. 

Why do people always do this with Gaga and Beyonce? 

Beyonce debuted earlier, Beyonce has a bigger audience on AM, I also think tidal exclusivity harmed her Spotify numbers. 

I'm glad born this way has been doing well recently, it's a great album but this has nothing to do with Beyonce. 

Y'all are insane. Not 22 pages I-

10 minutes ago, Diocles said:

Because BTW is a classic, unlike Beyonce’s trash music. 

well i guess trash music won since 4 has 700M more streams than BTW :sistrens:

5 hours ago, Mikeymoonshine said:

Why do people always do this with Gaga and Beyonce? 

Beyonce debuted earlier, Beyonce has a bigger audience on AM, I also think tidal exclusivity harmed her Spotify numbers. 

I'm glad born this way has been doing well recently, it's a great album but this has nothing to do with Beyonce. 

this is the level-headed, reasonable response that i’d expect a casual observer of pop music to have. but this is ATRL after all so… instead we got 22 pages of petty stan war MESS :hoetenks:

On 10/10/2022 at 9:25 AM, Margaux said:

bey’s discog is weak and dated. this is surprising since atrl have me believe that gaga’s catalogue are dated but then a quick scroll on tiktok, you would see gen z using her music. atrlers really have no sense of what the gp wants:redface:

Using Tik Tok against B when B is smashing Tik Tok as we speak. Also, Countdown/Partition went viral on TikTok so you're wrong..

7 hours ago, Diocles said:

Because BTW is a classic, unlike Beyonce’s trash music. 

Most critically-acclaimed artists of the '00s

#50 Beyoncé 

#85 Lady Gaga 

Most critically-acclaimed artists of the '10s

#4 Beyoncé 

#148 Lady Gaga 

The way all of your false narratives keep being debunked. Even the music industry is laughing at Gaga's absolute lack of artistry :lmao:

39 minutes ago, Pepo said:

Most critically-acclaimed artists of the '00s

#50 Beyoncé 

#85 Lady Gaga 

Most critically-acclaimed artists of the '10s

#4 Beyoncé 

#148 Lady Gaga 

The way all of your false narratives keep being debunked. Even the music industry is laughing at Gaga's absolute lack of artistry

At the very least if you're going to "debunk" someone, you should provide a reliable source. It's just courtesy. No one has to take your word for it.

"Source: Trust me." is NOT valid.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if these rankings are correct, particularly the '10s ones. But Beyoncé's first 4 albums aren't that well rated (62-73 on MC).

6 hours ago, NausAllien said:

At the very least if you're going to "debunk" someone, you should provide a reliable source. It's just courtesy. No one has to take your word for it.

"Source: Trust me." is NOT valid.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if these rankings are correct, particularly the '10s ones. But Beyoncé's first 4 albums aren't that well rated (62-73 on MC).

Go check yourself. 

B'Day was still fairly positively rated, plus 4 used to be her most critically-acclaimed work of art for some time. 

All those facts mentioned gain even more credit considering the period which was totally different from the Poptism era. 

Moreover, even songs like Crazy In Love and Single Ladies are renowned for their universal acclaim, and this can't be denied.

Again, Beyoncé is the acclaimed one here, too bad a certain someone can't relate. 

Edited by Pepo

1 hour ago, Pepo said:

It seems those rankings aren't based on experts' opinions / reviews but on chart positions or commercial performance. I tried to find the exact methodology they used and I couldn't. That would explain why acts like The Beach Boys are in the top 20.

I think Metacritic is a better and more objective way to measure who's the most critically acclaimed.

Beyoncé has an average score of 79. If we only take STUDIO albums into account: 76.5

Gaga has an average score of 69. If we only take STUDIO albums into account: 70.1

So they're PRETTY close. Beyoncé has the slight advantage because Renaissance and Lemonade were very highly rated.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.