P!nk - Summer Carnival 2023

EnterTheAttic

37 minutes ago, pinktennisfreak said:

Why are San Diego and Las Vegas suddenly looking much better? There were whole sections untouched. Now, both are more than 60% gone. 

Last time I checked Vegas was doing better, but San Diego was horrible and L.A in the pits, along with Miami and Orlando.

I guess people are getting the tickets now as it is closer to the date.

Maybe there are radio/tv ads as well in the US? Idk

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Underdogs

• Liafen

• Braz

• Hiphopper

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, pinktennisfreak said:

Why are San Diego and Las Vegas suddenly looking much better? There were whole sections untouched. Now, both are more than 60% gone. 

They've hidden the tickets. Both shows are still bombing...

I'm confused didn't it surpass $250M with the US dates alone? Isn't it coming for $700M?

1 minute ago, BabyBenzz said:

I'm confused didn't it surpass $250M with the US dates alone? Isn't it coming for $700M?

That's with the TRUSTFALL Tour dates included. Even then 700m might be a stretch 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Underdogs said:

That's with the TRUSTFALL Tour dates included. Even then 700m might be a stretch 

Got it. What do you think summer carnival will do when it's all set and done?

So, full EU toured has been reported?

1 hour ago, pinktennisfreak said:

So, full EU toured has been reported?

Yep

The German dates were reported last year and the other today

$500-600m will probably be it's final gross. $700m completely out the question without more dates.

Ernst Happel 100%, i c u Beth. :eli: 10k less than BT, I put it around 40k so 46k is actually a nice surprise.

6 hours ago, Popboi. said:

$500-600m will probably be it's final gross. $700m completely out the question without more dates.

I mean, it's not completely out of the question all things combined. We're seeing a rough 6M avg across stadium dates, 99 shows - 594M. Then we have Trustfall with 38 shows, arena dates are averaging 2.5-3M. That's another 95-115M. Most likely the margin of error (and the unsold, soon to be cancelled LA/LV/Miami dates :deadbanana4:) will put it towards 650M though, but 700M isn't that much of a stretch.

Also contrary to Vienna, where both capacity and gross (per date ofc, she only did one date during BT) suffered a bit across two dates, Warsaw had a nice jump: from 47k to 49k, 3.51M to 5.54M. Jesus.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pinktennisfreak said:

Tina Fey Dancing GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Hallelujah!!

Hope we get Aus boxscores soon. Knowing her team, summer 2025. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, pinktennisfreak said:

Hope we get Aus boxscores soon. Knowing her team, summer 2025. 

It's so weird that they only reported the remaining dates now. I took it that they don't want to report because of weaker nrs in certain areas (Vienna) so we're not getting them at all - but instead they did, so why wait? Lmao. Maybe the good sis wanted to wait w her tax returns.

Edited by Liafen

6 hours ago, Liafen said:

Ernst Happel 100%, i c u Beth. :eli: 10k less than BT, I put it around 40k so 46k is actually a nice surprise.

I mean, it's not completely out of the question all things combined. We're seeing a rough 6M avg across stadium dates, 99 shows - 594M. Then we have Trustfall with 38 shows, arena dates are averaging 2.5-3M. That's another 95-115M. Most likely the margin of error (and the unsold, soon to be cancelled LA/LV/Miami dates :deadbanana4:) will put it towards 650M though, but 700M isn't that much of a stretch.

That's the biggest asterisk right now :deadbanana4: The 600m prediction is making the assumption that all the remaining shows will perform well which is currently not the case

TTAL being lower than IND... i never realized 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Underdogs said:

wtf :deadbanana: TTAL seems so low especially it was like 30 dates. Her averages were not great back then - weird because she peaked commercially around that time.

She did 93 for IND tho so I guess the comparison isn't exactly in IND's favor

also the 106 milli figure seems a bit low for SC, are we sure everything's included in it? 

2 hours ago, Liafen said:

wtf :deadbanana: TTAL seems so low especially it was like 30 dates. Her averages were not great back then - weird because she peaked commercially around that time.

She did 93 for IND tho so I guess the comparison isn't exactly in IND's favor

also the 106 milli figure seems a bit low for SC, are we sure everything's included in it? 

Yeah, that's everything minus the Belgian and Dutch festival dates

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Underdogs said:

I was shocked by TTAL 

3 hours ago, Hiphopper said:

I was shocked by TTAL 

It was so underwhelming back in 2013

Her comeback after a Stadium tour and she was destroyed by Beyoncé and Rihanna that year.

Even tho contextually it made sense for her to focus on the new public (US) and give some rest to Europe after so many concerts in 2009/2010, it's hard to justify a drop this big

It's understandable if you think about it but y'all know how stan culture works...

It was a looong wait till Beautiful Trauma 2019 give her some credit :toofunny2:

28 minutes ago, Pinksus said:

It was so underwhelming back in 2013

Her comeback after a Stadium tour and she was destroyed by Beyoncé and Rihanna that year.

But it's all your her fault. She only did one leg in Europe for TTAL tour. 

What about "Girls with ambition" huh? Beth!

It's not like it was a dip though. By the rough numbers, sure, but she did 46M on 30 stadium shows during Funhouse SC (still a mess that they recycled this name), versus 30m on 30 arena dates for TTAL. The arena leg for Funhouse also had shitty averages. 

TTAL actually had a respectable run nearing 200M, especially given the nr of shows & not a bunch of other megastars have ended their runs nearing that number. Mrs Carter did $230M. Artpop Ball 83M. Diamonds WT $140M. 

And as @Pinksus mentioned, it just made sense contextually after heavily touring Europe. They established her as a major act with TTAL in the US market and the positive effects you could already see with the next one: BT's impressive nr of sold out dates with good avgs. Heck, she did 2 extensive US legs before landing in Europe lol. Really turned the table for the US and now they're surpassing us with two major stadium legs pulling waaay bigger averages plus a decent arena run on the side. Things really worked out in her favor and I applaud the touring decisions if this was all planned consciously from the beginning, scheduling much of TTAL for the US market w/ relatively cheap prices which started this all. 

I just wish they reinvested a bit more in the production value.

and oh also did I mention how annoying the split between SC/Trustfall Tour is?

Now she's ruining her demand in the US again overbooking this second/third leg. Next step: Vegas.

:suburban:

• Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.