P!nk - Summer Carnival 2024

EnterTheAttic

She can not announce bigger 2024 tour than 2023 and do nothing about it. On some occasions, she hasn't even posted on socials when tickets would go on general sale. 

I also think the Thanksgiving being too near Miami date affected things. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Underdogs

• Liafen

• Braz

• Hiphopper

Top Posters In This Topic

So strange.... I thought she would do some promo after the australian leg. :katie:

How are the EU dates? I'm going to Leipzig, don't cancel on me, please...:laugh:

I am so sorry but with this mentality she doesn't deserve to smash this hard. A 600 million grossing tour should be able to spend some money on marketing, have a decent stage production and not have a mess of a rollout. Seems like they want this done with as little effort as possible (exc. her being on stage every night of course) optimizing profit margins to a level I'm starting to get sick of. I did not expect her & her team being this money hungry while simultaneously dropping the ball when it comes to expenses.

Also of course there's radio silence on her part & the dates are still there on her tour website. But maybe she sent out personal messages to the 5 fans who actually bought tickets. :deadbanana4:

6 hours ago, pinktennisfreak said:

She can not announce bigger 2024 tour than 2023 and do nothing about it. On some occasions, she hasn't even posted on socials when tickets would go on general sale. 

I also think the Thanksgiving being too near Miami date affected things. 

Pretty much. I still hope something is coming, though. 

I mean...every big artist is basically just going on tour and not promoting anything...this is the standard now, unfortunately. I blame the streaming era! 

Also, I think the issue with the stage production is that we don't know the cost of the logistics. We look at Beyoncé's and Taylor's big stages and think P!nk should have the same. However, the So What routine alone must cost a HUGE amount of money. The insurance is absurd, and also, to have an over the top specialized team that will be able to handle it flawlessly every night to not kill her is also extremely expensive.

Sure, some big screens look nice and all, but is that really a P!nk show? 

PS: I'm not saying Summer Carnival Tour is perfect, just saying that "cheap" is not the word for it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's kind of sad that this page is likely her fan base page, but she didn't get much love here neither.

It's not like Taylor or Beyonce doing tons of promotions for their tours. They have their star power, they just have to announce it and do the shows. Saying P!nk doesn't deserve her success is pretty unfair.

Edited by Hiphopper
  • Thanks 1

A performance that she routinely makes for over 15 years has insanely expensive know-how for the handling and also apparently so expensive that they can't afford a decent stage setup? Sure  :redface:

I'm not asking for Beyoncé-sized or Taylor-sized production (but then again, the former will have grossed less and was relatively around the same ticket price in EU so she really has no excuse), or "big screens". Look at TTAL Tour, that had some actual production value and theming. Or Funhouse. Even BT served some great visuals. Doubt that the logistics were much more complicated than for this one, especially since this tour is just a rehash of old routines and the shameless changing signs between "TRUSTFALL" and "Summer Carnival". Her performance skill and presence is the redeeming quality of course, and she still works her ass off in the process, but at this level of money raking, yes, they should be willing to reinvest and not just ditch a few dates once they cannot sell them out due to her being pretty much non-existent in the media since Feb 2023. And yes, her team should be called out for the awful planning. Heck, Miami is still on her website. That's how much they (not her, personally, but I'm surprised on her part as well because she must be aware of the cancellation) care.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

not P!GGA :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Liafen said:

Everyone misses Blackp!nk so much!

There are a lot of QRTs of that tweet making the rounds... At least she's not going viral for flying this time.

4 hours ago, Braz said:

Mess...

They set up her BAD by using NGNDA instead of TRUSTFALL…

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Liafen said:

A performance that she routinely makes for over 15 years has insanely expensive know-how for the handling and also apparently so expensive that they can't afford a decent stage setup? Sure  :redface:

I'm not asking for Beyoncé-sized or Taylor-sized production (but then again, the former will have grossed less and was relatively around the same ticket price in EU so she really has no excuse), or "big screens". Look at TTAL Tour, that had some actual production value and theming. Or Funhouse. Even BT served some great visuals. Doubt that the logistics were much more complicated than for this one, especially since this tour is just a rehash of old routines and the shameless changing signs between "TRUSTFALL" and "Summer Carnival". Her performance skill and presence is the redeeming quality of course, and she still works her ass off in the process, but at this level of money raking, yes, they should be willing to reinvest and not just ditch a few dates once they cannot sell them out due to her being pretty much non-existent in the media since Feb 2023. And yes, her team should be called out for the awful planning. Heck, Miami is still on her website. That's how much they (not her, personally, but I'm surprised on her part as well because she must be aware of the cancellation) care.

All of this, we won't excuse her team's mediocrity, her talent and music deserve way better than an awful team like that :bam:

Edited by BrokenMachine

2 hours ago, Liafen said:

:hoetenks:

Enough twitter for today (and I don't even use twitter anyways :rip:)

1 hour ago, Underdogs said:

They set up her BAD by using NGNDA instead of TRUSTFALL…

Max Martin will never be forgiven...

now if we'd get miss l!ghtskin back... :jonny4: a GAG for the ages.

I would give anything to get something fresh from her... It's so annoying that nothing is stopping her from experimenting with music and exploring new sounds (no chart success to chase for, no pressure from her label too, I guess, since she's making enough money through touring), but she still tries to make a radio friendly kidz bop stuff, like her life depends on it. She has such a good taste, she loves so many amazing classics, has a lot of her own stuff, which she could draw inspiration from and yet here we are..

If she wants to continue releasing quick lil albums just to get a word out before another tour where people get same old songs and routines, why does it even have to matter what's on the album. It's still the same 5 people who listen to those albums once and never return to it again, why won't make us happy for once and do something unexpected. What can we actually do to stop this money laundering scheme of rehashed tours and albums? 

• Thanks 2

Btw is there any chances that we're getting a new You+Me album this year? This fall marks the 10th anniversary of their debut, crazy how fast time went by..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arknex said:

Btw is there any chances that we're getting a new You+Me album this year? This fall marks the 10th anniversary of their debut, crazy how fast time went by..

eww who would even want that :rip:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Arknex said:

An album outside her comfort zone? 
Who even wants that?

3 hours ago, prettyinpink940 said:

eww who would even want that :rip:

i still bop to You and Me, Love Gone Wrong, Unbeliever, Second Guess, Love Gone Wrong, Open Door and the superior No Ordinary Love cover (that she somehow forgot it existed and is doing the 'regular' version on tour lmao). Whew the way it has written EXCELLENCE all over it (sans that screechy break the cycle)

Edited by Liafen
  • Like 3

we need her to do an alberm with Brandi Carlile, that would appeal to a different audience

Spoiler

of lesbians

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.