Shakira f/ Ozuna - "Monotonía"

Fifteen

4 minutes ago, Jmo21 said:

Love Bachata but not from Shakira; Aventura/Romeo Santos did a thing with the genre for many years but I don’t see how releasing music in this genre could be a success today.

Also, if it’s bachata, why not make music with Romeo? 

id rather a reggaeton track tbh - reggaeton is here to stay and I’m not complaining because some songs slap. 

La Bachata by Manuel Turizo is currently #5 Globally on Spotify :ninja: so there's hope this will do fine :ninja:

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LatinFreak

• tomaseba

• EtherealCat

• GeeDuval

6 minutes ago, tomaseba said:

La Bachata by Manuel Turizo is currently #5 Globally on Spotify :ninja: so there's hope this will do fine :ninja:

I guess if the genre experiences a resurgence and Shakira’s part of that….. It’d be something good. 

On 10/8/2022 at 1:51 AM, kandicha said:

Yeah so far but I'm hoping/assuming there's some twist in the complete song that we won't know until it comes out. But maybe that's expecting too much, maybe she's trying to save face :rip:

On that topic he didn't just cheated on her once, he cheated on her from day one... I am never going to get over finding out he cheated on his ex Núria with Shakira then cheated on Shakira with the same Núria for six more years. He's such a mess lol :deadbanana4: 

Wait he cheated on Shakira multiple times and she stayed with him sis ? 

18 hours ago, commander said:

This is gonna be so underwhelming, both lyrically and musically. 

You're literally basing this on nothing but ok

13 hours ago, Inverted said:

LOL @ C List. :skull:

Ozuna has peaked, but was still the 5th most streamed Spanish-language artist of 2021. Shakira wasn't even in the Top 12. Let's not pretend Shakira doesn't benefit from collaboration with current artists. 

And knowing how much of a control freak she is she can easily decline if she wanted to. Let her be.

12 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Perched :eli:  but she really needs to stop it with the collabs. Or at least collab with better artists!!

I need her to collaborate with females. That'll be the day and it'd be so fresh. How she hasn't done a collaboration with Thalia, JLo or Paulina Rubio yet is beyond me. 

Becky G, Karol G, Anitta, Rosalia, Selena Gomez and Kali Uchis are sitting right there!

12 hours ago, Joster said:

Ozuna is amazing. One of the best reggaeton artists in the market and like the only one that takes cares of his lyrics. What u gurls smoking 

I like him but he's peaked. He is very predictable in terms of sounds which is why he's seen as basic now. Though he finally switched it up a bit on his new album thankfully. Seems like he noticed he needs to serve some versatility asap. This collab is beneficial for the both of them.

11 hours ago, Inverted said:

As for the rest of your post, I don't live vicariously through pop stars like you do so I don't care whether one is successful or not in order to like or listen to them. You must have some weird emotional connection with Shakira since you're half Hispanic and half West Asian and I guess you get butthurt every time someone says anything remotely negative about her since you identify with her so much... creepy. I remember you being more reasonable. I guess age has made you more damaged.  ? 

Omg ? 

6 hours ago, Jmo21 said:

Love Bachata but not from Shakira; Aventura/Romeo Santos did a thing with the genre for many years but I don’t see how releasing music in this genre could be a success today.

Also, if it’s bachata, why not make music with Romeo? 

id rather a reggaeton track tbh - reggaeton is here to stay and I’m not complaining because some songs slap. 

La Bachata, Despecha, El Panuelo just to name a few. Reggaeton can honestly be very one note. Thankfully we got Daddy Yankee, Bad Bunny and Rauw Alejandro switching it up

10 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

I need her to collaborate with females. That'll be the day and it'd be so fresh. How she hasn't done a collaboration with Thalia, JLo or Paulina Rubio yet is beyond me. 

Becky G, Karol G, Anitta, Rosalia, Selena Gomez and Kali Uchis are sitting right there!

Tea. Aside from the Rih collab, I can't think of any other female collabs she's done

26 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

Tea. Aside from the Rih collab, I can't think of any other female collabs she's done

She hasn't lol I don't mind her also appearing on other people's songs either. She's not a diva. Considering her hiatus gaps to more Shak the better. Any news on when she's dropping this album though?

2 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Beyonce too :gaycat6:

Also she’s sung with a few females outside of the pop world, but those are kinda deep cuts. Mercedes Sosa and Ivete Sangalo, for instance.

I don’t think she likes to collaborate much with women. 

For example, she released Beautiful Liar w/Beyoncé and essentially left it at that. A performance of this song with Beyoncé would essentially be a climax in pop music, something ala “Criminal by MJ” - even if the song is “just good” at the very best. There were many chances to perform, only question would be if Beyoncé wanted to do so; perhaps she actually didn’t want to be outperformed (as it would happen in a Shakira-Esque song). 

Ozuna is a strange choice, but that’s a running theme with her. 

still waiting for a solo single

The hype is huge. Perhaps this could’ve been solo. 

I just want her to stay out of this reggaeton-bachata trend... what's next? Cumbia? I want pop-dance Shakira :emofish: or if she really wants to go with latin sounds she should try regional mexicano like Xtina did with her latest album, but I'd rather her do some electro/hip-hop lol (Kinda what she did with the BEP collabs or even Te felicito).

And talking about collabs, I don't really care if the collab is with men or women, but there are tons of huge and classic latin acts that it's really surprising she never collabed with and could make some really interesting collabs (Luis Miguel, Alejandro Fernandez, Enrique Iglesias, Thalia, Paulina Rubio, Jennifer Lopez). 

Edited by Mr. Loco

Another preview - leak??

10 more days? Girl this should be release today at midnight, the gp is waiting and want it now! ?

it’s not like she’s going to promote it besides a tiktok trend ?

it’s a 2.42 bachata about their break up anyway.

“tus labios no saben a nada”

1 hour ago, Mr. Loco said:

Another preview - leak??

That doesn’t sound bachata lol

I am gonna wait for the whole song. But ugh why a Wednesday and why until the 19th? This should’ve come out this Friday. 

At least people will be talking about the lyrics so hopefully another smash. 

It really sounds like a electro pop song :skull: I was here for a bachata song since reggaeton Shakira is making me a lil bit tired and Deja Vu was very sweet and interesting + the genre resurgence tbh 

Edited by Julia Fox

4 minutes ago, rta1913 said:

I am gonna wait for the whole song. But ugh why a Wednesday and why until the 19th? This should’ve come out this Friday. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Loco said:

Another preview - leak??

That’s not Monotonía. It’s “Te Pienso” by him 

9 minutes ago, rta1913 said:

Taylor is releasing that friday so is smart to release it earlier. her spanish singles always take time to chart at the h100 anyways (the latest at least iirc)

Can't wait for this:jonny4: lemme update op

10 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

It really sounds like a electro pop song :skull: I was here for a bachata song since reggaeton Shakira is making me a lil bit tired and Deja Vu was very sweet and interesting + the genre resurgence tbh 

It’s a bachata, even Deja Vu sounds different at the begining 

4 minutes ago, tomaseba said:

It’s a bachata, even Deja Vu sounds different at the begining 

Do you think it’s better than Deja Vu? 

1 hour ago, Julia Fox said:

Oh! Thanks... It kinda sounded better than bachata tho

Im ready for this!

bachata is perfect for melancholy songs but this could have been solo. It would feel more personal. 

1 hour ago, Julia Fox said:

jesus i almost had a heart attack :rip:

7 hours ago, Jmo21 said:

I don’t think she likes to collaborate much with women. 

For example, she released Beautiful Liar w/Beyoncé and essentially left it at that. A performance of this song with Beyoncé would essentially be a climax in pop music, something ala “Criminal by MJ” - even if the song is “just good” at the very best. There were many chances to perform, only question would be if Beyoncé wanted to do so; perhaps she actually didn’t want to be outperformed (as it would happen in a Shakira-Esque song). 

Ozuna is a strange choice, but that’s a running theme with her. 

I read a few years ago that it was Shakira who didn’t like the song and didn’t want to perform. idk if that’s true 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.