• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LatinFreak

• tomaseba

• EtherealCat

• GeeDuval

14 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

the intro sounds great :duca: but enough with these droplets, is the lead / album coming?

I have a feeling she got one more song up her sleeve before dropping the album.

but this sounds fresh & catchy, not a #1 in 55 countries hit, but more te felicito type production. 

Edited by GeeDuval

Sounds good but Karol G should've been the feature. That would be an event. 

2 hours ago, Enriquew88 said:

All the hype she has.. A comeback with... This... Bachata?... Ozuna? :rip:

What hype? :rip: 

Being on the tabloids for being a criminal =/= there being hype for her music

well it’s sounds interesting tbh and her voice never sounded so clear since maybe the SHAKIRA era so here for this tbh 

6 minutes ago, Ricky Wilson said:

What hype? :rip: 

Being on the tabloids for being a criminal =/= there being hype for her music

Her music-related posts on social media are getting tons of likes/views = hype

Edited by Shakson

13 minutes ago, Shakson said:

Let’s be real, she already used the Pique drama hype for “Te Felicito” and despite her running to the hottest male reggeatom

artist atm and ripping off his huge hit, it barely made any damage on the charts

The new single is likely to underperform, considering that there is no big artist on the track to get interest from the public (Shakira and Ozuna are on the same level atm) and the song not being trendy (Shakira has been chasing trends in the last decade, but apparently not for this track)

2 hours ago, Ricky Wilson said:

Let’s be real, she already used the Pique drama hype for “Te Felicito” and despite her running to the hottest male reggeatom

artist atm and ripping off his huge hit, it barely made any damage on the charts

The new single is likely to underperform, considering that there is no big artist on the track to get interest from the public (Shakira and Ozuna are on the same level atm) and the song not being trendy (Shakira has been chasing trends in the last decade, but apparently not for this track)

The Pique drama got so big, that she could still ride the hype for another single, the Elle interview is the proof of it. Bachata is not trendy atm, but if the song is catchy enough, it could do well.

Is not trendy? Where the heck are you all?

there is literally a bachata song top 5 globally in Spotify lol.

Bachata done right can be huge. And we are talking Shakira here. This will be a hit.

1 hour ago, Joster said:

Is not trendy? Where the heck are you all?

there is literally a bachata song top 5 globally in Spotify lol.

Bachata done right can be huge. And we are talking Shakira here. This will be a hit.

That song is a hit by itself, If it was a trendy thing the top50 would be full of bachatas 

I'm sorry but this sounds like Rosalia.

I feel like she is emulating la fama

1 hour ago, zzmyth said:

imagine associating bachatas to a spanish woman :rip:

1 hour ago, zzmyth said:

2016 ? even before Rosalia’s career exists 

8 hours ago, Shakson said:

Don’t answer to that troll ?

1 hour ago, zzmyth said:

Like Rosalía? I have truly seen everything in life now, people thinking Rosalía = bachata. Friend, Shakira already did a bachata song back in 2017.

----

I'm still unsure about going for bachata for the single, but we'll wait and see. And people saying it's not trendy must live elsewhere, because this year alone Ateo by C. Tangana and Nathy Peluso played in every club for months, La Fama was also a big hit, and now Manuel Turizo's song. It's not as big as it was in 2014-ish, but it's not obscure either.

3 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

oh sorry for realizing that she is the last BIG NAME associated to a BIG bachata hit.

and Bachata is from the dominican republic... so shakira is appropiating as much as rosalia in this one....

Ugh this is so annoying… she could have had a solo smash she definitely did NOT need Ozuna. He’s so washed up and hasn’t had a hit in years. 

15 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

Shakira is Colombian so she’s appropriating Dominican culture as much as Rosalia if we go by your logic 

6 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

Shakira is Colombian so she’s appropriating Dominican culture as much as Rosalia if we go by your logic 

Shakira is Caribbean as much as Dominicans are.

Vallenato is popular in DR and a plethora of bachata songs are actually originally in vallenato. 

It’s more appropriate (or familiar) for a Caribbean woman to work with salsa/merengue/bachata, vs. a woman from Spain. 

5 minutes ago, Jmo21 said:

Shakira is Caribbean as much as Dominicans are.

Vallenato is popular in DR and a plethora of bachata songs are actually originally in vallenato. 

It’s more appropriate (or familiar) for a Caribbean woman to work with salsa/merengue/bachata, vs. a woman from Spain. 

lol taking about reverse-racism.... wth?

ANYONE can do a bachata song, as long as it's paid homage on it's roots and not done in a disrespectful way.

Rosalia is professionally educated and has musical knowledge to the extent of composing, producing and mastering her songs. Are you telling me that the fact that she is Spanish makes her less 'appropiate' to do a certain-kind of song?

It's not like she is doing an afro-fusion song and dancing like an african person as Shakira has done with no african heritage.

1 hour ago, zzmyth said:

Rosalia is professionally educated and has musical knowledge to the extent of composing, producing and mastering her songs. Are you telling me that the fact that she is Spanish makes her less 'appropiate' to do a certain-kind of song?

I’m telling you that Shakira is culturally tied to the region where the bachata genre hails from whereas Rosalia is not. 

Simple. 

:)

1 hour ago, zzmyth said:

It's not like she is doing an afro-fusion song and dancing like an african person as Shakira has done with no african heritage.

LOL. 

The Caribbean DOES have African heritage. 

Shakira performed “Champeta” during the SB. This is essentially an Afro-Colombian dance/genre…… as is Cumbia. The Caribbean coast of Colombia is highly influenced by African ancestry and culture; do not allow even racist Colombians tell you otherwise. 

Shakira may be White Colombian/Lebanese, but she was RAISED in black Colombia. ??

so now we are gatekeeping music? lmao when will y'all stop ..

anyway, not excited for this, but at least we are getting new music from her so yeyyy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.