'Bros' FLOPS | WEEK 2: -56% | Still hasn't even grossed $9M in NA!

_Fey

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Fey

• anti-bitch

• Redstreak

• brenda-walsh

3 hours ago, robattack332 said:

Is anyone surprised this cringe-fest didn't do well? The entire pretentious, SJW-fueled rollout has been beyond embarrassing. Maybe if you want to normalize movies with gay characters, just make a normal movie that happens to have gay romantic leads instead of this whole LGTBQIWXZY pride fest.

With that, shoutout to the CMBYN & Love Simon/Victor's of the world that are actually breaking barriers by being normal. 

Yes, there’s totally something normal about a 17 year old and a 30+ year old hooking up…. 

2 hours ago, robattack332 said:

Is anyone surprised this cringe-fest didn't do well? The entire pretentious, SJW-fueled rollout has been beyond embarrassing. Maybe if you want to normalize movies with gay characters, just make a normal movie that happens to have gay romantic leads instead of this whole LGTBQIWXZY pride fest.

With that, shoutout to the CMBYN & Love Simon/Victor's of the world that are actually breaking barriers by being normal. 

A rom-com about two businessmen in a large central American city dating is not normal to you but an adult preying upon a teenager in the Italian countryside that depicts gays as nutting on fruit and then eating it...is? The cognitive dissonance. :deadbanana4:

at least Ryan Murphy is smashing with Dahmer, gays stay winning! :alexz2:

Romcoms are dead and buried at the box office and have been for at least a decade, which only compounds the fact that this appeals to an even smaller audience and is rated R.

This movie was always set up to fail. It had Netflix written all over it. 

31 minutes ago, Communion said:

A rom-com about two businessmen in a large central American city dating is not normal to you but an adult preying upon a teenager in the Italian countryside that depicts gays as nutting on fruit and then eating it...is? The cognitive dissonance. :deadbanana4:

People will truly say anything for engagement :bibliahh: 

56 minutes ago, Cheers said:

Why is no one mentioning the real reason?

In order for a LGBT movie to do well it needs the support of white women. The actors in this aren’t “attractive” so the white women won’t fetishize them/ship them/etc. There’s only so much Gays can do by ourselves (ask Charli XCX)

52 minutes ago, Smarticle said:

? Luke MacFarlane is a Hallmark movie wet dream

But Billy Eichner isn't. 

Cheers is right. White women smelled the same ugly lead / hot lead trope, even if it was repackaged into gay male x gay male instead of str8 male x str8 female and said NO to IT! Also, both leads are pushing 50. No romantic comedy (unless it stars Sandra Bullock) should have someone that old starring in it.

4 hours ago, robattack332 said:

:clap3:

2 hours ago, Redstreak said:

The weird assertion that gay men not fitting an effeminate stereotype must be the result of giving into internalized homophobia :michael:

except that wasn't the assertion... at all

the original post was talking about how this was some sjw film and we need more "normal" gay films 

I found the trailer cringe especially the foursome bit. Not all gays are promiscuous and jump from one person to another or are in an open relationship. A romantic comedy with two gay guys would have been better. The stereotype that all gays want to sleep around needs to change also 

Isnt that more than cmbyb did :clap3:

I mean, look a the material...

Should've gone straight to streaming, I'm pretty sure it would've done much better.

11 minutes ago, brenda-walsh said:

except that wasn't the assertion... at all

the original post was talking about how this was some sjw film and we need more "normal" gay films 

But I didn’t respond to that post

1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

But I didn’t respond to that post

im saying that was the post that the user who you quoted was responding to

the user you responded to wasn't equating masculinity to internalized homophobia

5 hours ago, Mrguilbeaux said:

I hope you learn to love yourself someday. Maybe you think everyones just jumping on you to be woke but i feel like someday you’ll reread posts like this and realize just how sad they were…

internalized homophobia is so sick. You’re literally happy that the only way queer movies can do well is by assimilating and playing to the most vanilla, palatable queer characters?  No one thinks that way if they aren’t also picking themselves apart in the same way. I promise you you were worth loving even when you were extra girlie and people made you feel about it. I hope you can find that again someday and not shut it out to yourself

Lmao never heard this one before  :nicole: It's interesting how everyone who talks about others who have 'internalized homophobia' just know that the person they are talking about used to be more girly and reeled it back because they wanted to assimilate and therefore hate themselves. Truth is, that is a lot of gay mens' experience. I'm gonna go on a limb and assume that it was yours, as well as everyone else that uses that phrase. You assume that nobody else can have a different experience than you.

And to be clear, I embrace the 'girly' sides I have. I wouldn't be on here if I didn't lol I also unabashedly love skincare and Real Housewives, and am open about those kind of things with everyone in my life. What I don't like is the standard queer rainbow culture. I'm not saying it's wrong, I just find it extremely cringey, as do many others. It has nothing to do with sexuality, but the tackiness of it all (this movie included). It's no different than some pop girl's music video you may critique on here. 

What's really sick is assuming you know somebody based on your own experience and trying to put them down for it.  

1 hour ago, DanyelP23 said:

Also, both leads are pushing 50. No romantic comedy (unless it stars Sandra Bullock) should have someone that old starring in it.

F*cking hell. Some of you are TRASH human beings. Tf is this?

5 hours ago, mystery said:

Shitting all over other gay media and alienating the core audience with obnoxious marketing will do that to a movie.

It's actually ironic that it and Smile opened on the same weekend as it's like a night and day as to how to do good and bad press for a movie. Blaming any shortcomings your film has on latent homophobia when the Dear Evan Hansen movie should've been a cautionary tale to not try to make a star vehicle out of a story that doesn't make sense for you to be the lead in just doesn't make sense.

8 minutes ago, brenda-walsh said:

im saying that was the post that the user who you quoted was responding to

the user you responded to wasn't equating masculinity to internalized homophobia

? Their last part absolutely was

2 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

? Their last part absolutely was

because they said you're worth loving when people make fun of you for being girlie??? that's not at all saying that not fitting a fem stereotype is giving into internalized homophobia 

5 hours ago, robattack332 said:

Oh wow ATC stan went in :clap3: 

3 minutes ago, brenda-walsh said:

because they said you're worth loving when people make fun of you for being girlie??? that's not at all saying that not fitting a fem stereotype is giving into internalized homophobia 

Why must he have had a feminine side because he’s gay? It’s a weird thing to just put on someone and is literally nothing but  a stereotype

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.