'Bros' FLOPS | WEEK 2: -56% | Still hasn't even grossed $9M in NA!

_Fey

Unless Eichner was involved in some controversy I'm not aware of, the outright glee over this flopping is weird as **** :rip:

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• _Fey

• anti-bitch

• Redstreak

• brenda-walsh

I wonder if the trend of adam sandler movies came to gay romcoms, would people find it more relatable? It would be a curse for sure, but I wonder how would it do with the gp

1 hour ago, Khal said:

Unless Eichner was involved in some controversy I'm not aware of, the outright glee over this flopping is weird as **** :rip:

there's no controversy but he just continues to fail to read any room whatsoever.

first, how he ignored other films that came before and tried to label this THE FIRST BIG GAY FILM. yes, he had many qualifiers, but that was all semantics. he knew what he was doing.

second, he's just not a good actor. he's good at yelling at people on the street but anyone who has seen this movie says he's the worst thing about it. word of mouth sells movies nowadays. but no, the movie is doing bad because HOMOPHOBIA

so yeah, we're just supposed to be awwww super sad  that a gay film isn't doing well because we're gay?

I'm not gleeful but I could honestly not give a fack and sincerely hope this movie is out of the cultural conversation after this week. it doesn't even deserve to be some political tool. it's that bad.

Homophobic ! and imagine the numbers if one of them were POC :rip:

19 hours ago, Shelter said:

Not surprised. If it was 2 teens the gays would be running. :rip: actors over 30/40, they don’t want. 

I don't think it was their age, romcoms have always been about older people than teens. It was just that people didn't know who one of the stars is and they were annoyed by the other one. Billy Eichner didn't help his case by melting down on twitter and calling people who didn't give him money homophobic weirdos. Hopefully we never have to see him again.

I feel bad for Billy. I have only heard great comments from the people I know that saw it. Maybe it will have some sort of word of mouth? Hopefully!

I saw the movie, his character was insufferable but otherwise I actually really enjoyed it. Luke and the ensemble great were fantastic. I’d recommend it. 

I still don't get how the marketing for this movie f*cking up so badly like this :deadbanana4:

Releasing a gay romcom in late September (during the start of Halloween season) and not during pride month or valentine's day? And then catering more to straight audience instead of queer people who the main demographics of this film? Who the hell in charge of that? 

I swear to lucifer if big studios won't invest in queer films anymore because of this, i will curse Billy Eichner :doc:

It was cute! Then again, I'm a sucker for romcoms

On 10/4/2022 at 2:23 PM, Khal said:

Yeah, agreed. Gays are insufferable. 

They shouldn't have gone with a wide release... They should've focused only on liberal cities.... There were always bound for disappointment... Sad

7 minutes ago, Monster Megamind said:

They shouldn't have gone with a wide release... They should've focused only on liberal cities.... There were always bound for disappointment... Sad

More like straight to Netflix and this woulda done a lot better.

1 minute ago, anti-***** said:

More like straight to Netflix and this woulda done a lot better.

It can still go to Netflix and get a good response there.. That's not the point... But gay releases are still niche so limit it to just cities. 

On 10/7/2022 at 12:23 AM, ALittleGauche said:

Yeah, agreed. Gays are insufferable. 

!!!!!

But this should have been on a streaming service anyways 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.