Do you support hijabs?

Delirious

Do you supoort hijabs?  

149 members have voted

1. 1. And why?

• Yes
    • No

if so, why and why not?

During the last few years, any criticism of the hijab will get people calling you islamaphobic but once the Iranian protests happened recently, people finally have been criticizing hijabs left and righf.

what are your thoughts on this topic? Did your perception change after the protests?

I think women can wear whatever they want and if they want to wear a hijab then so be it, but i personally do not support hijabs and think that they are made to control women.

Edited by Delirious

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delirious

• Luckitty

• Communion

• SmittenCake

Do I personally understand why someone would feel a spiritual need to wear modestly garments like these?

e9751ee4d213de8129d0da613269ca42--hijab-

Truth be told, no. 

Do I still support someone's right to want to wear one even if I don't understand it? Of course. 

Edited by Communion

I don't merely support hijabs. Put it this way, if there was a button that said "I support hijabs" on it, I would not press it unless I knew what it did, but if there was a button that said "I don't support hijabs" on it, I would pull it up so nobody could ever press it.

No more than I support hats, beanies, caps or ear muffs. They're an item of clothing someone might choose to wear. 

4 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

Is no an option? :rip: What are you going to do, pull it off a woman's head? :biblio:

Girl not at you taking the meaning literally...

obviously anyone can wear anything they want as long as they arent forced to.

2 minutes ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I don't merely support hijabs. Put it this way, if there was a button that said "I support hijabs" on it, I would not press it unless I knew what it did, but if there was a button that said "I don't support hijabs" on it, I would pull it up so nobody could ever press it.

I-:bibliahh:

OT: As a person who is culturally Muslim me and my family don't support it. We have nothing against who wears it though.

3 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

weirdo :biblio:

It's the state law so ? It makes sense because church and state are separated and displaying of faith in public (schools, museums, streets) is not allowed.

1 minute ago, pierreleswiftie said:

It's the state law so ? It makes sense because church and state are separated and displaying of faith in public (schools, museums, streets) is not allowed.

Omg period. But what about christiwn necklaces or tattoos etc

I don’t support any theocratic governments. Idc what you practice, but religion has no business dictating anyones life . No one should be forced to wear a hijab by law. 

As one living in Muslim country, it depend on person to person. I support girls wearing them from their own choice, but there are girls who basically do so out of fear of parents/husbands/in-laws. I found the latter appalling. 

Just now, zoldyck said:

As one living in Muslim country, it depend on person to person. I support girls wearing them from their own choice, but there are girls who basically do so out of fear of parents/husbands/in-laws. I found the latter appalling. 

But do you sometimes feel the women who wear it out of their own choice are unknowningly enabling the rules that force all women to wear it?

5 minutes ago, Delirious said:

Omg period. But what about christiwn necklaces or tattoos etc

Usually in school it's not allowed but in public places a necklace or tattoo are less apparent that a whole drape.

Just now, Delirious said:

But do you sometimes feel the women who wear it out of their own choice are unknowningly enabling the rules that force all women to wear it?

No not at all. These rules/standard have been enabled for centuries and people who follow these rules aren't easily influenced by surrounding people 

Yes. Why wouldn’t you? :huh: it’s like asking “do you support socks?” or “do you support jumpers?”

I support for everyone to do whatever they want freely, but we know this issue has a lot of greys...

No, it's just another stupid tool used by religion to oppress.

But if the women themselves who are most affected by it want to continue wearing them, who am I to care? :clown:

Yes, but only if they want to wear it themselves. I do not support niqabs and burqa's in western countries tho. 

But in the end it's all religious BS of course. 

Edited by Ayanaa

Yes and no

Yes because of freedom of choice, no because personally I don't support sexist ideology behind it, and I oppose religion ideology in general

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.