TMZ: Taylor declined Super Bowl offer, NFL looking for another "female popstar"

Feanor

profile:mag-996x562

TMZ:

Taylor Swift was, in fact, asked to perform at Super Bowl LVII, TMZ has learned, but turned the offer down ... and we know why.

Sources with direct knowledge of the Super Bowl halftime show tell us ... Swift was approached months ago by SB honchos, asking if she'd headline. We're told Taylor was clear ... she didn't want to perform until she finished rerecording all of her first 6 albums.

We're told Taylor would like to headline a Super Bowl halftime show, but now it's an issue of timing. It's possible she could finish the remaining 4 albums -- "Taylor Swift," "Speak Now," "1989," and "Reputation" -- in the next year. That would open the possibility of a 2024 appearance, but it all depends on finishing the rerecords.

Also interesting new info

Our Super Bowl sources tell us ... they're still looking for a female popstar for the big performance.

Who will they select?

michael-jackson.gif

Edited by Feanor

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rac7d

• AccioMiley

• Protocol

• Espresso

Whenever she performs, all versions will get a boost. The timing right now was perfect, she shouldve done it 

She’s very presumptuous in assuming they’ll ask her again in several years.

YAAAASSSSSS this means Britney ft. Iggy is going to most likely happen! Allah be praised! ^_^ 

MadonnasBoyfriend

Everyone on Facebook was celebrating in the comments on the tmz post saying "good" ect

Edited by MadonnasBoyfriend

3 minutes ago, Daydream said:

Why wouldn’t they :rip: she’s the most obvious choice at this point for a modern female artist 

4 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Whenever she performs, all versions will get a boost. The timing right now was perfect, she shouldve done it 

If she performs now all the versions she doesn’t own get a boost. She’s clearly trying to minimize that by having her versions as an alternative. 

2 minutes ago, Daydream said:

She'll still be outselling everyone else in the industry so I don't see why not :heart2:

Beyoncé again please

or a Female Rap performance with Nicki, Cardi, Megan, Missy Elliot, Lil Kim - kinda like they did last time with Mary/Eminem/Dr.Dre etc. 

Edited by lauvender

After all TVs are done, the Super Bowl should simply ... not offer it to her. The American people would rather have people at the Super Bowl who are actually able to sing live. 

1 minute ago, 45seconds said:

If she performs now all the versions she doesn’t own get a boost. She’s clearly trying to minimize that by having her versions as an alternative. 

Nowadays the itunes boost is very minimal. All she has to do is curate her playlists on Spotify and Apple Music. 

She still has a few years before she will probably do it. 

2 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

After all TVs are done, the Super Bowl should simply ... not offer it to her. The American people would rather have people at the Super Bowl who are actually able to sing live. 

:rip:

Can Britney finally do it? I mean it would be such a perfect timing for her after the whole thing happened last year and this year

8 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

Everyone on Facebook was celebrating in the comments on the tmz post saying "good" ect

I went to go look because of this comment and the most liked comments are all hating on pop and begging for Metallica, lol. 

Christina Christina Christina lol

They could try and book Ari? I know she’s busy filming Wicked but if they want a big female pop star she seems to be the next best choice... 

I think it makes sense she waits for the re-recordings to be done first tbh…

Miley should do it to promote her next album. She has the level of fame and the iconic hits required.

Why do both Taylor and P!nk keep rejecting it? :clown:

At least Taylor’s reason for declining makes sense, I guess. 

Edited by Underdogs

Rihanna apparently declined during the Colin Kaepernick scandal but more recently said she's open to it so I'm not sure what changed.

Most likely Jay's involvement with the NFL but his explanation on them having made amends was complete BS in similar fashion to his defense of capitalism despite citing Malcolm X in his lyrics.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.