• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• SchmoodRing

• ChapelHooker

• leyaris11

can't wait:duca: the last one was pretty good. the gymnast & lasik scenes:jonny5:

we have known this for like 2 years, even the directors attached… i’m confused what’s news about this?

also, as much as i am here for it, the directors previous movie being the Kim Possible live action movie really isn’t making me hopeful… 

On 9/23/2022 at 4:58 PM, Sharamee6 said:

About time! Can't wait! Better not be crappy like 5....

5 was great. your opinion would be correct if you applied it to 4

On 9/23/2022 at 5:01 PM, Subzero said:

:duca: so many of my favorite franchises making returns

yeah cause hollywood is out of ideas

On 9/23/2022 at 5:54 PM, 45seconds said:

Literally ended perfectly after years of garbage. Let it REST. 

the only weak installment is the 4th

On 9/23/2022 at 6:59 PM, Smarticle said:

Final Destination 5 was cute with the plot twist, so it'll be interesting to see how they could tie Final Destination 6 in

theirs so many ways that they could go about this and still keep it fresh. having 2 people share the premonition. or having a more straight forward narrative with the film ending with the big accident to switch things up.

On 9/24/2022 at 1:50 AM, Buffy said:

People don’t watch Final Destination for the dialogue 

but it can't be as bad as 4 it's almost unwatchable that's how much of a chore it is to get through

On 4/25/2023 at 8:22 PM, GentleEarthquake said:

Has this not been in development for like 10 years

sort of but nothing has really stuck yet just a bunch of pitches and concepts

On 4/26/2023 at 12:03 AM, ChapelHooker said:

we have known this for like 2 years, even the directors attached… i’m confused what’s news about this?

also, as much as i am here for it, the directors previous movie being the Kim Possible live action movie really isn’t making me hopeful… 

i thought that radio silence was doing this?

32 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

i thought that radio silence was doing this?

nope

they need to take this opportunity to do a cruise accident sequence asap. it can happen during a vacation or the boat capsizing can leave them stranded. can be a little hunger games meets final destination. 

- elaborate nightclub

- building collapse

- aquarium

- resort

- natural disasters

- space station/shuttle

- a production set

- factory

- construction site

- set in the past (like during the industrial revolution) or future

- circus

- investigating the roots of the premonitions

- museum

- they can go the medical route with diseases

- concert

- holiday

- a death wish/death note

- a death pact ala saw, sparing a gruesome death either by sacrifice or trade. a fate worse than death. making yourself blind or paralyzing yourself etc.

- or hunger games concept where everyone is on it and trying to set each other up so avoid their own fate

the main character can be isabelle's baby that she birthed in FD2 so that theirs a franchise connection like how 6CREAM did

Twitter’s saying it’s real but I‘ll wait for further confirmation. Sad that they dropped the first responders idea, if true.

2 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

Twitter’s saying it’s real but I‘ll wait for further confirmation. Sad that they dropped the first responders idea, if true.

this is from Production Weekly so irs most likely real. 

Hereditary’s impact on horror is literally insane. Even huge franchises like Evil Dead, Scream and bow apparently FD have notes of “family drama”. 

Ok but Devon Sawa should be in this somehow

8 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

oh wow, this is so much more focused, rather than just telling about a random group of people escaping death :duca: interesting if true

Sounds different than the previous FD movies, but just as fun. Just give it to me already.

according to the Production Weekly entry this starts shooting July 17 i believe. 

20 hours ago, genetic fail said:

So no opening disaster. Is the budget 5$?

8 minutes ago, Innocencelost said:

So no opening disaster. Is the budget 5$?

The opening “disaster” is most likely the fire.

On 5/4/2023 at 11:03 AM, genetic fail said:

this doesn't really make sense. so stefani in 2023 is having a premonition of a fire that her grandmother had survived in the 1960s and death is just now in 2023 coming back to collect? doesn't make sense. then for that keep the entire movie in the past and they could've easily played up the "witch" angle with stefani having these visions and being blamed for these deaths. the "fire" nightmare she has can be the ending in which she's burned at the stake.

On 5/4/2023 at 11:06 AM, ChapelHooker said:

this is from Production Weekly so irs most likely real. 

Hereditary’s impact on horror is literally insane. Even huge franchises like Evil Dead, Scream and bow apparently FD have notes of “family drama”. 

in the best way. i love the fact that horror is being taken more seriously. from the casting, the storylines and performances. it's become a severely underrated genre that has seen a huge turnaround the past couple of years and needs to be taken into more consideration in accolades. i would've preferred if their going down the bloodline route to have it be around isabella and her baby from final destination that way the series can be connected somehow

On 5/4/2023 at 11:07 AM, Black Berry said:

Ok but Devon Sawa should be in this somehow

please don't. we're good. leave it as a reference and that's it. the last thing we need a billy loomis hallucination scenario :deadbanana4:

On 5/4/2023 at 3:27 PM, ChapelHooker said:

according to the Production Weekly entry this starts shooting July 17 i believe. 

going by the spelling of the name their going the hispanic route. for the role of stefani they should consider actresses like eiza gonzalez, sofia carson, melissa barrera, selena gomez, alexa demi, camila mendes would slay a bit! do you know if casting has already been done?

On 5/4/2023 at 11:12 AM, Smarticle said:

oh wow, this is so much more focused, rather than just telling about a random group of people escaping death :duca: interesting if true

yeah they've done classmates (FD1/FD3), strangers (FD2), young adult friends (FD4) and co workers (FD5) so a family is an interesting twist. a chance for us to actually get character development and give a **** to the characters if somethings happens outside of the protagonist

On 5/5/2023 at 7:57 AM, genetic fail said:

The opening “disaster” is most likely the fire.

a "fire" seems rather tame and basic especially for this franchise. they need to give the fans what they want by actually serving us the cruise ship opening that we've been asking for decades!

3 hours ago, SchmoodRing said:

this doesn't really make sense. so stefani in 2023 is having a premonition of a fire that her grandmother had survived in the 1960s and death is just now in 2023 coming back to collect? doesn't make sense. then for that keep the entire movie in the past and they could've easily played up the "witch" angle with stefani having these visions and being blamed for these deaths. the "fire" nightmare she has can be the ending in which she's burned at the stake.

Your rant is longer than the synopsis :skull:

Let’s wait for more details to surface

11 hours ago, genetic fail said:

Your rant is longer than the synopsis :skull:

Let’s wait for more details to surface

yeah because i went on a rant. i've been fiending for a FD6 for a little over a decade now sue me lol

8 hours ago, skankle said:

are they really going to About Trauma this?

so-humiliating-demeaning.gif

what's that?

7 hours ago, genetic fail said:

here for us having our first person of color protagonist in our franchise along with cast. now i'm very curious if what this video said then the storyline makes sense. i'm excited again :deadbanana4:

5 minutes ago, SchmoodRing said:

what's that?

here for us having our first person of color protagonist in our franchise along with cast. now i'm very curious if what this video said then the storyline makes sense. i'm excited again :deadbanana4:

Referring to the 'Elevated Horror' inspired trend of many horror movies being About Trauma, familial and generational trauma being a particularly recurring one thanks to Hereditary. Wouldn't be so bad if the average director/writer could pull it off, but instead we get these movies that don't really have anything to say but have to overtly posture like they do, subtext taking the place of text and leaving us with something hollow and forgettable.

That said, this could be interesting. But given how recent horror franchises have been pulled off on this front I am not optimistic!  

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.