Lana's Born to Die surpasses Teenage Dream on Spotify

duybeeGAshantiGA

20 minutes ago, Sweetestsecret said:

Summertime sadness was a hit 

37 minutes ago, Zaram said:

Video games and summertime sadness were hits :rip: 

Its not the worlds fault that the US is tasteless.

17 minutes ago, blueberries said:

Why are people saying BTD has no hits ? Summertime Sadness og and Video Games were hits :skull:

Summertime sadness remix wasnt even on the album :deadbanana: no streams from the Remix went to the album's total streams :rip:

Born to Die's longevity is SCARY. If 21 wouldnt have been such a random success BTD would have been the longest charting female album of All Time. :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, magazine said:

Will this website finally agree that there's something fishy going on?? :biblio:

Like, this has to be the final straw!

Well, that's what happens when you make timeless music instead of aged Dr. L*ke songs :swan:

39 minutes ago, Rhiannon said:

BTD: The paradise edition and TD: The complete confection are both re-editions

different kind of reeditions tho

but imagine if that awful remix and both versions of young and beautiful were also included. she loves stopping her bag.

39 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Summertime sadness remix wasnt even on the album :deadbanana: no streams from the Remix went to the album's total streams :rip:

Europe listened to the original where it was a big hit.

they didnt used the remix.

That user trying to argue against literal facts backed by hard data

DCKh3N1UwAAkNat.thumb.jpg.65b0203f990c84

ot: A modern, timeless classic. Not everybody has that :clap3:

2 hours ago, Sweetestsecret said:

Summertime sadness was a hit 

A remix that is not even on the album? Im confused how that is the equivalent of an album with 5 billboard number 1s. :skull:

7 minutes ago, A Bomb said:

A remix that is not even on the album? Im confused how that is the equivalent of an album with 5 billboard number 1s. :skull:

Every single that was served (except NA) did well on the radio in my country (Europe). Even Dark Paradise. Summertime Sadness album version was big in Europe and still gets some airplay.

Time really shows what the better and bigger classics are

Lana Del Rey ascending into an elite MPG status a decade after her breakout and without any big promo push is something I did not think to have in my 2020s bingo card but we will take it. Drop the new single now queen!

E-JVmWSXsAELHmY?format=jpg&name=large

Y’all are doing way too much on TD, it’s a pop classic and is still very much an iconic era in time :deadbanana2:

I think Lana really fits the streaming generation’s vibe. Plus, she just had NFR! which really breathed life into her stats again, and I think people are discovering her music still, as well as realizing how timeless it is. Katy’s music is “timeless” in the sense that songs like Teenage Dream really would be pop classics in any era, but because she was such a force in the early 2010s, her music definitely feels like a throwback. Lana has always been big but her music wasn’t a part of a defining era until later on in the decade when girls like Lorde, Billie, etc started to pop onto the scene with moodier music which still lasts to this day, where streams are much higher. 

Essentially, both are classics, one is just a throwback to an era where streaming was basically a non-factor, the other set the groundwork for the type of music that’s currently trendy and doing well. I’m not shocked BTD crawled it’s way past TD for that reason. Although it seems post-pandemic that music is transitioning back into the happier sound again with songs like Blinding Lights, Levitating and As It Was being some of the defining hits of the decade so far. It’ll be interesting to see how that plays out, especially with nostalgia being so huge right now. Maybe Katy can gain some streams from those two factors.

On 9/23/2022 at 1:19 PM, NOW said:

Lana Del Rey ascending into an elite MPG status a decade after her breakout and without any big promo push is something I did not think to have in my 2020s bingo card but we will take it. Drop the new single now queen!

E-JVmWSXsAELHmY?format=jpg&name=large

Big facts :clap: :clap3:

Lana Del Rey is above MPG status.

She has ascended in the upper echelons of pop.

Right there just beside God. He knows she tried, and so she has been blessed to spend Honeymoon with Him.

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.