The Amazing Race Season 36

Clandestine

Anthony and Bailey were hilarious and I'm going to miss them but there are plenty of other disasters waiting to happen. It is quite nice being able to see the middle of the pack teams complete challenges with this extended format although I probably wouldn't miss it if they were regular length episodes.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clandestine

• supaspaz

• Kamil24

• Harmonizer

I'm just gonna keep replying to myself lmao.

This season is a hot mess. Truly one for the fans of comedy and I'm enjoying it. The great thing about so many teams struggling is that lots of them keep surviving.

good episode but I need a shake up of the top teams. 

The part of the puzzle was so funny, I mean: "Mama rat took baby rat skiing around the world. They did some yoga, and that was a positive experience" was a WILD guess :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

The cast is unfortunately rather annoying this season.

• ATRL Moderator
On 4/8/2024 at 7:32 AM, Reibax said:

The part of the puzzle was so funny, I mean: "Mama rat took baby rat skiing around the world. They did some yoga, and that was a positive experience" was a WILD guess :rip:

I have not laughed that hard at this show in a long time. Absolutely cackling. And then they never got the answer, even though they were so close!

I miss when TAR had villains/teams you loved to hate. Like, I appreciate the messy teams they sprinkle in once in a while like last season with that girl and her dad, but I really miss the Rachel and Brendan types that irritated everyone :deadbanana2:

• Like 2

On 4/5/2024 at 2:44 AM, Kamil24 said:

good episode but I need a shake up of the top teams. 

Yeah I appreciate that Ricky and Cesar aren't typically the team you'd think would be dominant but I'm ready for anyone else to win a leg. And it seems like the whole top 5 is staying consistent.

On 4/10/2024 at 7:01 AM, bluevelvetcrowbar said:

I miss when TAR had villains/teams you loved to hate. Like, I appreciate the messy teams they sprinkle in once in a while like last season with that girl and her dad, but I really miss the Rachel and Brendan types that irritated everyone :deadbanana2:

THIS!!!! ENOUGH WITH THE SOB STORIES ON EVERY SHOW. I don't want you to win because you grew up with asthma, it's not that deep.

18 minutes ago, Harmonizer said:

THIS!!!! ENOUGH WITH THE SOB STORIES ON EVERY SHOW. I don't want you to win because you grew up with asthma, it's not that deep.

Idk why TAR and especially Survivor focus so hard on making sure everyone's a goody two shoes post covid, like girl I want VILLAINS, I want messiness :deadbanana2: enough with the trauma dumping cjfndndkdj

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This season has been pretty dull so far.  None of the teams are compelling; I'm not rooting for anyone but I don't dislike anyone.  It's just zzzzz.

And I think the 90 minute episodes actually hurt the show.  I am on my phone or making dinner every ep.  It's boring watching 10 teams do the same task with no conflict or drama.

The 90 minutes would be better if the cast was actually interesting. I agree though, No one I dislike, but no one I'm really cheering for to win either. They need to do better (the previous season actually did a good job).

I appreciate Rod's patience with Leticia, she is so bougie. :rip:

The bubble football was so funny to watch even if they obviously made it easier for them as time went on.

Shelisa was hilarious with her reactions especially when she saw the puzzle Derek struggled with. At least he wasn't the only one. Angie probably would've still been there if Amber hadn't helped her.

I can't blame the alliances especially in the middle of the pack but I'm always rooting for teams to succeed on their own.

Losing the surfer bros, Karishma and Kishori, and Derek and Shelisa back to back was a hit to the characters of the season. They were some of the most dynamic teams we had this season. I'm kinda hoping Melissa and Yvonne or Sunny and Bizzy go next because they aren't really giving me anything at the moment.

Also, the race design this season leaves a lot to be desired. These tasks are kinda lackluster and keeping most of the legs in one continent is getting a little boring... :celestial5:

• ATRL Moderator
On 4/11/2024 at 9:23 AM, Miles. said:

This season has been pretty dull so far.  None of the teams are compelling; I'm not rooting for anyone but I don't dislike anyone.  It's just zzzzz.

And I think the 90 minute episodes actually hurt the show.  I am on my phone or making dinner every ep.  It's boring watching 10 teams do the same task with no conflict or drama.

Part of it is also that the race is just simpler and less challenging than it used to be. Run around a city for a few hours and check some tasks off a list. It can still be fun, but it never seems to inspire wonder anymore like the early days, when a leg might go for days and take teams across a whole country.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 2:21 PM, supaspaz said:

Part of it is also that the race is just simpler and less challenging than it used to be. Run around a city for a few hours and check some tasks off a list. It can still be fun, but it never seems to inspire wonder anymore like the early days, when a leg might go for days and take teams across a whole country.

They should take the race in Southeast Asia. It's much more challenging because of the rich cultural infusion & language. Last season with the 1-2-3 punch was exciting, when they had to enter the muddy pond to harvest Lotus flowers was so good. Carrying heavy mattresses & collecting market seafood in Vietnam. As well as riding rickshaw and doing Bhavai dance in India. The landscape was just much more interesting. 

This season their challenges are so boring.... like cooking egg? soccer ball? throwing rope? :rip:

On 4/22/2024 at 9:18 AM, KLatz said:

Losing the surfer bros, Karishma and Kishori, and Derek and Shelisa back to back was a hit to the characters of the season. They were some of the most dynamic teams we had this season. I'm kinda hoping Melissa and Yvonne or Sunny and Bizzy go next because they aren't really giving me anything at the moment.

Also, the race design this season leaves a lot to be desired. These tasks are kinda lackluster and keeping most of the legs in one continent is getting a little boring... :celestial5:

Agreed. I think Rod and Leticia are my favourite team left but it really feels like all the personalities are gone.

Amber and Vinny provide drama but it's not fun drama.

It's crazy that Yvonne/Melissa and Sunny/Bizzy even made it through the casting process.  The season's almost over and neither of them gave a single thing :zzz: 

55 minutes ago, Miles. said:

It's crazy that Yvonne/Melissa and Sunny/Bizzy even made it through the casting process.  The season's almost over and neither of them gave a single thing :zzz: 

What is worse, is they re-edited the episodes to make them longer and still didn't give them much to work with

Yeah, this season isn't really giving tbh. No one left has a particularly interesting personality outside of standard TAR archetypes imo :deadbanana2: I guess in a post covid world this show can't really be as messy as it used to be. Its still entertaining enough, but it's definitely going down the modern Survivor road of becoming a yawnfest :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.