• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JoeAg

• Azealia Banks

• Haus

• sam.teas

This is such a marvelous album, it might not have your obvious stand outs like Andromeda, but it's very consistent

2 hours ago, willmcclure9 said:

where from? not on her site :biblio: 

https://megamart.subpop.com/products/weyes-blood_hearts-aglow-t-shirt?_pos=5&_sid=5fdbffb9a&_ss=r

2 hours ago, sam.teas said:

upcoming single

Hide contents

God Turn Me Into a Flower \ 6:25 \ 04.11.2022
unless she anticipates it

she's feeding us :weeps:

12 hours ago, Frozen99 said:

i'm starting to appreciate it more too :heart2: 

ordered the album and the t-shirt :smitten:

Weyes Blood / And In The Darkness, Hearts Aglow – Sub Pop Mega Mart

WHEW look at that angelic being :jonny3:

7 hours ago, sam.teas said:

upcoming single

Hide contents

God Turn Me Into a Flower \ 6:25 \ 04.11.2022
unless she anticipates it

omg...

7 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

This is such a marvelous album, it might not have your obvious stand outs like Andromeda, but it's very consistent

i cant wait :jonny5:

• 2 weeks later...

from lanaboards ""you get streaming access on the subpop website by pre-ordering the album! they just uploaded it today "" :jonny5:

I cannot believe her own label is effectively leaking the album a month in advance, but they won, my coins are gone :jonny3:  listening

Children of the Empire has already fulfilled my wish for something in the ilk of Everyday :jonny3: the drums are so dramatic.

1 minute ago, big-eyes-lies said:

it l-worded? :rip:

No, but you can stream it if you purchase it from Sub Pop. 

9 minutes ago, Haus said:

I cannot believe her own label is effectively leaking the album a month in advance, but they won, my coins are gone :jonny3:  listening

Let me buy this :jonnycat:

Is the album going to L word? I could use an AOTY contender after being disappointed by certain mid album

The production on this is leagues above Titanic Rising. The diverse instrumentation animates her in entirely new and exciting lights. Twin Flame is surprisingly sensual, in various ways. 

I’m generally thrilled with the track lengths. The Worst is Done, I mean… if a comparison were ever to be drawn between Weyes Blood and Beyoncé, it would be with The Worst is Done and Virgo’s Groove. Its placement as the penultimate track is absurdly correct. 

I think Hearts Aglow is her most balanced album, by far. Even Titanic Rising, a masterpiece in its own right, loses momentum after Movies. I’m very excited to continue listening to this; I love an album as an intentional sonic journey, and in that sense I’m reminded of Sophie’s Oil of. This is definitely not meant to have skips or be skipped. It rather breathes on its own. 

I’m hesitant to rank this with her other releases because each have simultaneously succeeded within the scope of the project, and demonstrated consistent evolution in scale. Hearts Aglow continues that trend. I see no reason why new listeners would not love this album. The singles are wonderful introductions to Weyes Blood, but the album tracks are where she shows off her new tricks.

It is a shame the stream is low-quality, but I still caught most of the production details with my headphone setup. The singles sound absolutely magnificent in high-res lossless; like, this album sounds expensive.

seems like she's going the Jessie Ware route and rehashing her last album which is a shame :katie:

32 minutes ago, big-eyes-lies said:

i saw someone on reddit comparing hearts aglow to away above. it's one of my favorite songs of hers.

:wanda:

:jonny6:

1 hour ago, Haus said:

The production on this is leagues above Titanic Rising. The diverse instrumentation animates her in entirely new and exciting lights. Twin Flame is surprisingly sensual, in various ways. 

I’m generally thrilled with the track lengths. The Worst is Done, I mean… if a comparison were ever to be drawn between Weyes Blood and Beyoncé, it would be with The Worst is Done and Virgo’s Groove. Its placement as the penultimate track is absurdly correct. 

I think Hearts Aglow is her most balanced album, by far. Even Titanic Rising, a masterpiece in its own right, loses momentum after Movies. I’m very excited to continue listening to this; I love an album as an intentional sonic journey, and in that sense I’m reminded of Sophie’s Oil of. This is definitely not meant to have skips or be skipped. It rather breathes on its own. 

I’m hesitant to rank this with her other releases because each have simultaneously succeeded within the scope of the project, and demonstrated consistent evolution in scale. Hearts Aglow continues that trend. I see no reason why new listeners would not love this album. The singles are wonderful introductions to Weyes Blood, but the album tracks are where she shows off her new tricks.

It is a shame the stream is low-quality, but I still caught most of the production details with my headphone setup. The singles sound absolutely magnificent in high-res lossless; like, this album sounds expensive.

omg.... i need it

1 hour ago, Azealia Banks said:

:jonny6:

omg.... i need it

God Turn Me into a Flower alone is worth the ten dollars, I’m meditating :bird: