Gwen Stefani scraps album

Alien.

9 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

Slow Clap sounds like a Kidz Bop track 

Not Kidz Bop. :deadvision: It's no less goofy or fun than what Lizzo does.

I feel like that Old Navy edit on Twitter is what killed the record.

Edited by The7thStranger

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mke1979

• rihannabiggestfan

• BlackJesus

• TrueBlood

She looks indistinguishable from a Kardashian that pic :deadbanana2:

I had no idea ppl actually stan her:deadbanana:

Edited by terrorblade

This is so difficult… she could have had five or six solo albums by now and also another No Doubt album. It’s not like she’s lazy, she’s working her ass off but on all the wrong things that nobody wants. I know she’s had a very hateful response particularly to Slow Clap and she is a human being at the end of the day and her creative process is driven by how she feels so she doesn’t really owe people anything at the end of the day if she doesn’t want to do it. 

That said, it kills the hype as a longtime fan for her to tease eras and albums and release singles and then just go quiet. I was watching all her videos in No Doubt and solo from 1995-2006 and she was so effortlessly cool and authentic, raw and honest in her music. I honestly am happy for her being in love but Blake and The Voice have been the worst influences on her career.

1 hour ago, Slap said:

This is so difficult… she could have had five or six solo albums by now and also another No Doubt album. It’s not like she’s lazy, she’s working her ass off but on all the wrong things that nobody wants. I know she’s had a very hateful response particularly to Slow Clap and she is a human being at the end of the day and her creative process is driven by how she feels so she doesn’t really owe people anything at the end of the day if she doesn’t want to do it. 

That said, it kills the hype as a longtime fan for her to tease eras and albums and release singles and then just go quiet. I was watching all her videos in No Doubt and solo from 1995-2006 and she was so effortlessly cool and authentic, raw and honest in her music. I honestly am happy for her being in love but Blake and The Voice have been the worst influences on her career.

Well said! I think she got her spark back as well in 2012 when she re-united with No Doubt for the Push and Shove album. I still love Settle Down to this day! She or the label does not have enough confidence in the material of 30 songs she's recorded to commit to another studio album. 

Does she have any hits packages? Be cool to have something with her No Doubt and solo songs with some new songs on it. 

7 hours ago, terrorblade said:

I had no idea ppl actually stan her:deadbanana:

SEETHE :deadbanana: Not ATRL stanning mediocrity and random people yet saying that about icon-since-the-90s Gwen Stefani

6 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

SEETHE :deadbanana: Not ATRL stanning mediocrity and random people yet saying that about icon-since-the-90s Gwen Stefani

Honestly they need to educate themselves, she is such an incredible artist and I hope she continues to make music. 

On 9/8/2022 at 2:48 AM, Green said:

She's very honest here and not many artists say this after losing inspiration.

Also she obviously noticed people didn't connect with her last 2 songs. They were cute but nothing else

"Used to love you" from her 2016 album was her last masterpiece. She really had to say something in that album after her marriage was over and overall the album was good.

Maybe a No Doubt reunion could bring her inspiration back.

A shame that awful production ruined the gorgeous chorus melody

well honestly the singles she did release were terrible. i would rather wait longer and get quality, i appreciate that she's honest with herself and doesn't push it just for the sake of it.

Apparently she is frustrated the new music is not clicking and then she just gave up since she’s newly wedded. I really love  Let me reintroduce myself tho. 

if she's not inspired she's not gonna wanna make music...hopefully that changes soon

Just checked Slow Clap for the first time and oh crap, is the worst song I have ever heard from her. 

Poor Gwen. 

5 hours ago, GodControl said:

Oh no! Release the album, queen! :heart:

Is it weird that I don't really care if she has nothing to say? Pop music is all about melodies to me. As long as the topline is good, I really don't care if the lyrics are trash.

Gonna start a "Let Me Re-Introduce Myself" and "Slow Clap" streaming farm so she might change her mind. :heart2:

lets make LMRM chart on global 200 spotify :cm:

Gwen has a history of giving up on projects before they’re out.. I’m still bitter we didn’t get the album around Baby Don’t Lie/Spark The Fire. The leaks were great.

At this point I think it’s safe to say her priorities are elsewhere. Buy her lipstick y’all.

too bad, Let Me Reintroduce Myself

is one of my favourite Gwen songs :'( 

and the music video is amazing,

let's get it to 10 million views :heart2: 

Edited by Dragonfly

Mess :deadvision: I enjoyed Let Me Reintroduce Myself a lot too. I need to stop streaming LAMB & Sweet Escape so she has to return to music :coffee2:

20 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

too bad, Let Me Reintroduce Myself

is one of my favourite Gwen songs :'( 

and the music video is amazing,

let's get it to 10 million views :heart2: 

I love this one so much 

But oh boy, Slow Clap is not close to a meh song. Is bad af. 

• ATRL Moderator

Honestly, it's for the best. Her new music is...not it.

I love Let Me Reintroduce Myself. Any good remixes to check out?

I also liked Baby Don't Lie, but not Spark the Fire. Didn't know about any leaks around that era. 

I also liked Wind It Up, Cool, Early Winter. 

Her saying this has made me go back to her music. 

Cmon put out an album!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.