Gwen Stefani scraps album

Alien.

50 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

This puta hasn't had "passion" for any of her music since '06 :deadbanana4:

now..TIWTTFL was cute..

But yea..feels like nothing connects with the people anymore so I understand her

she really has lost her spark/edge

I blame her husband, DIVORCE THAT HILLBILLY

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mke1979

• rihannabiggestfan

• BlackJesus

• TrueBlood

You do know her label FORCED her to release her first solo album?! What u waiting for is all about that process. Second album was just a collection of songs scraped on first album. She IS lazy... 

Another scrapped album :deadbanana2: "wait and pray about it" :deadbanana2: She's such a mess :deadbanana2:

I'm surprised but at the same time I'm not… the 2 singles she released didn't so well and the second one was just bad, I was still looking forward to the album though

She has nothing to prove anyway she is 50+ years old. She made her mark and now she can relax, enjoy her marriage and rank in those millions through being a celebrity judge and private companies. 

22 minutes ago, LadyDiana said:

You do know her label FORCED her to release her first solo album?! What u waiting for is all about that process. Second album was just a collection of songs scraped on first album. She IS lazy... 

And the few new songs of The Sweet Escape all have a shared backstory of either Gwen being fooled into going into studio sessions or her label forcing her to go to studio sessions. The CEO of Interscope was literally BEGGING on the phone for her to not cancel her session with Akon again :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, ahauntingnearu said:

"so, I’m just going to wait and pray about it.”

:deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2:

Why does this sound like some kind of Twitter meme quote :deadbanana2:

The way all this girls said out with the music in with the lip kits :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Katamari said:

i mean no doubt no passion wbk @Bloodflowers.

Gwen's genious lyricism peaked in 2000 and 2001 when she wrote songs for No Doubt's Return of Saturn and Rock Steady albums, whew :jonnycat:

her discography is VERY good. it makes sense for her to scrap projects that she realizes will not add anything of substance to it.

Her married life with the hillbilly must be boring af if she has nothing to write about :rip: 

Queen of having multiple scrapped albums! Yeah it's lowkey a miracle she even has her first two albums out from their backstories. :priceless:

1 hour ago, HeavyMetalAura said:

99% of people who get married still work during that process.. you take vacation time for the honeymoon and if you're lucky and have a nice boss you get leave to plan the wedding, but not her acting like getting married means you can't work :deadbanana: sorry my overworked ass is triggered

Well she's not slaving away for shift wages at McDonald's, the beauty of success and working for yourself is the freedom of choice.

No big loss there, she hasn’t put out a truly great record since LAMB, and even that pales in comparison to the legendary No Doubt run from Tragic Kingdom to Rock Steady. I really wish we could get THAT Gwen back in the studio. 

13 minutes ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Queen of having multiple scrapped albums! Yeah it's lowkey a miracle she even has her first two albums out from their backstories. :priceless:

WAIT! WHAT?

37 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

Well she's not slaving away for shift wages at McDonald's, the beauty of success and working for yourself is the freedom of choice.

Nnnn you know good and well that's not what I meant :rip:  You are correct, but she said she wanted to "be realistic about how you can only do so many things at one time" and cited marriage as her only excuse. It's completely realistic to get married and work at the same time. If her label hated the album and wanted it scrapped, or if she wanted to take more time to relax and enjoy "the beauty of success and freedom of choice" as you say, she could have said that rather than acting as though getting married is a taxing affair that realistically requires one to not work :deadbanana4:  but she's been rich and famous for a long time, you can't blame her for being out of touch with reality. Nor can you blame the public for calling her out when she makes out-of-touch comments. 

39 minutes ago, Slave 4 U said:

. I really wish we could get THAT Gwen back in the studio. 

We can't get ANY Gwen back in the studio, let alone the supreme one ☠ ugh she had such legend potential with her first solo album

She better pray I don't catch her ass on the streets. Why does she have to make such good music? I hate stanning her music so much. She's worse than Hilary. 

1 hour ago, Happylittlepunk said:

She has nothing to prove anyway she is 50+ years old. She made her mark and now she can relax, enjoy her marriage and rank in those millions through being a celebrity judge and private companies. 

you don't have to prove yourself to make music :skull: 

54 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

WAIT! WHAT?

I'm just assuming going off of What You Waiting For and how Gwen seemed to really not wanna do solo music it was the label pulling teeth to get it out. And with the second album essentially being scraps and continued pulling teeth for the new songs :priceless: I feel like she only actually enjoyed making music in No Doubt (I assume not the 2012 one) and TIWTTFL.

artists keep gettin shelved on their albums really hit on my nerve, what a dark day and perched for genre-bending country release. :giraffe: 

WIND IT UP still ahead of it's time today! The gem that got away by her, as well as GETTING WARMER...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.