STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

Hold Me Closer free falling, what went wrong?

BadBoy

On 8/29/2022 at 10:30 PM, youreyesgocold said:

It’s like they recorded the vocals in an echo chamber. You can barely make out what they’re saying. The effects are too heavy and so unneeded. 

On 8/29/2022 at 10:51 PM, Polgg48 said:

another song she doesnt seem to sound from studio recording, people start to recognize that and move on.

do you guys think she did not record her part in a studio?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jay07

• Brishka

• Breathe On Moi

• Anticipating

15 minutes ago, AlanRickman1946 said:

do you guys think she did not record her part in a studio?

No I wouldn’t say that. I just think in production they took both Brit and Elton’s takes and shoved them through 372736827373 vocal filters for some reason. It’s obviously intentional to make the song sound dreamier or something idk but all it does is take away, not add. 

:hoetenks:

1 minute ago, youreyesgocold said:

No I wouldn’t say that. I just think in production they took both Brit and Elton’s takes and shoved them through 372736827373 vocal filters for some reason. It’s obviously intentional to make the song sound dreamier or something idk but all it does is take away, not add. 

:hoetenks:

yea they needed tay-tay's producers to give it that Wildest Dreams/Delicate dreamy effect

Let's celebrate Britney's first #1 in Australia in 18 years!

4 minutes ago, Brishka said:

Let's celebrate Britney's first #1 in Australia in 18 years!

"freefalling" :ahh:

Congrats to legends Britney & Elton.

9 minutes ago, lovemehateme said:

"freefalling" :ahh:

Congrats to legends Britney & Elton.

HMC is still at #4 on Apple Music Australia after a week so it definitely won't freefall there. It is actually smashing hard  in Australia and the U.K.  

On 8/29/2022 at 7:01 PM, Iceland said:

I guess This is Britney’s Liberation era (? :redface::thing:

I don't recall Liberation singles topping charts in major music markets...or charting at all. 

On 8/29/2022 at 7:38 PM, shelven said:

The song's debut week will probably be better than most people were expecting, but I don't see the song having legs. It feels like they tried and failed to recreate the magic of Cold Heart. Cold Heart feels fresh as if it's a brand new song, despite it being a mash-up of Elton's old hits. HMC feels more like it's a remix of old stuff as opposed to something new - I can't really put my finger on what the difference is, but HMC is giving me more of a "some random producer remixed old songs" vibe than Cold Heart ever did.

It is smashing on Apple Music in Australia and the UK after a week. I guess you were wrong.   

I think it's a combo of 

1.) there's heavy competition right now. Lizzo, Nicki, and Beyoncé just stopped new albums and singles. 

2.) Britney is barely recognizable in the song. I have to really concentrate to hear her.

Cirkut produced the song and was Dr. Luke's right hand man until the Kesha ordeal, so he's very talented. I'm surprised he'd allow it to be released like this, but he's probably too afraid to tell two legends otherwise. 

16 minutes ago, Miichael said:

The way this totally backfired for OBH :deadbanana2:

How :priceless: You want this to be a win so bad but the song has done nothing but drop on spotify since release. It's about to exit the US top 50 already. Calling this a hit is just...:rip:

Spotify WW: Hold Me Closer +17 (2,410,671 filtered streams)

:clap3: 

Edited by Brishka

Another day, another thread that aged like milk. 

US

#22 (+20)

Australia

#9 (+6)

New Zealand

#9 (+6)

Ireland

#8 (+6)

France

#47 (+57)

UK

#17 (+15)

Canada

#11 (+8)

WW

#25 (+17)

Even funnier when you realize the OP is a Demi stan :dies:

14 hours ago, besaid said:

How :priceless: You want this to be a win so bad but the song has done nothing but drop on spotify since release. It's about to exit the US top 50 already. Calling this a hit is just...:rip:

Not the last comment before the big jump on Spotify omfg. :ahh:

14 hours ago, besaid said:

Dumbass :rip:

Why are people so quick to call this a flop? Cold Heart didn’t smash right away and it ended up becoming a massive hit. I don’t really care for the song all that much but this is one that could have long legs. It’s doing pretty well internationally

Flop. They should just scrap it and Britney should release a new single. 

15 hours ago, besaid said:

Britney Spears Thinking GIF by MOODMAN

15 hours ago, besaid said:

Turns out calling it a flop that prematurely was even dumber than calling it a hit.

6 minutes ago, Gerry I Shot said:

Flop. They should just scrap it and Britney should release a new single. 

Gerry, please. :biblio: Not you.

Radio: Aud. 12.202M (-3.831)

More free falling. Payola can only do so much.

3 minutes ago, D.M.F said:

Radio: Aud. 12.202M (-3.831)

More free falling. Payola can only do so much.

That's the rolling effect though.