Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

3 minutes ago, niiall said:

Jack's production on Sam Dew's album was amazing, if they can bring this sound to her it would be a collapse 

JACK PRODUCED MOONLIT FOOLS?? I have had that album on repeat this year, it's so f*cking good. a collapse indeed

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

2 hours ago, Magickarp said:

Jack Antonoff: "Taylor Swift is cool, because she's the closest thing today that hearkens to Michael Jackson -- to great, great pop music. There's a difference between her and Gaga and Katy Perry and all that. It all feels throwaway, comparatively."

A yes man through and through 

0fNCoto.gif

He spilled :clap3:

8 minutes ago, Squall said:

When Taylor & Joe split, do you think we are getting her 30?

pC3NZZU.gif

33 coming October 2023

pC3NZZU.gif

Just now, Great Username said:

Can already see this joining the trinity of cringy high school theatre ablums (joining NFR and Melodrama) that aging Tumblr twinks pretend is good, and everyone else ignores. A nightmare, literally a nightmare 

spill

5 minutes ago, niiall said:

Jack's production on Sam Dew's album was amazing, if they can bring this sound to her it would be a collapse 

this is cute unlike that Red Hearse song posted earlier. Midnights is shaping up to be a cute easy listening album

10 minutes ago, Klein said:

:clap3:

The real question is can Midnights enter her top 4 (folklore, evermore, SN, Red)?

Not you getting her Top 4 exactly correct :clap3: 

1 minute ago, Great Username said:

Can already see this joining the trinity of cringy high school theatre ablums (joining NFR and Melodrama) that aging Tumblr twinks pretend is good, and everyone else ignores. A nightmare, literally a nightmare 

U didn't have to go in that hard

taylorswiftthemanviseo2702c-2.jpg?width=640&auto=webp&quality=50&crop=424:601,smart

6 minutes ago, Fama said:

Taylor Swift songs produced by Jack Antonoff

Sweeter Than Fiction

Out of the Woods

I Wish You Would

You Are in Love

I Don't Wanna Live Forever

Look What You Made Me Do

Getaway Car

Dress

This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things

Call It What You Want

New Year's Day

Cruel Summer

Lover

The Archer

I Think He Knows

Paper Rings

Cornelia Street

Death By a Thousand Cuts

London Boy

Soon You'll Get Better

False God

Daylight

My Tears Ricochet

Mirrorball

August

This Is Me Trying

Illicit Affairs

Betty

The Lakes

Gold Rush

Ivy

Mr. Perfectly Fine

That's When

Don't You

Bye Bye Baby

Babe

Forever Winter

All Too Well (10 Minute Version)

He produced Mirrorball and some people still doubt him. Crazy

Just now, PrismaticOwen said:

215 members browsing :skull:

:deadbanana4: we are PERCHED 

Reputation is her pop bible the mental illness it takes to not see that :deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4: the OBJECTIVE improvement in quality over 1989 and don’t even get me started with Loser lmao:dies: the melodies, the concept, the visuals, the LYRICS. 

unmatched. Seethe tasteless losers.

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, PrismaticOwen said:

215 members browsing :skull:

cuz y’all keep blowing this thread up talking about absolutely nothing

Just now, cruelcooper said:

Reputation is her pop bible the mental illness it takes to not see that :deadbanana4::deadbanana4::deadbanana4: the OBJECTIVE improvement in quality over 1989 and don’t even get me started with Loser lmao:dies: the melodies, the concept, the visuals, the LYRICS. 

SPILL :clap3:

10 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

Sis. I didn’t say the fanbase doesn’t want hits. I said Taylor doesn’t need hits to keep her career afloat. Please learn how to read before commenting.

Yet it’s always said in response to someone wanting a smash hit from her :michael:

3 minutes ago, Dephira said:

Not you getting her Top 4 exactly correct :clap3: 

Only people with taste get it :gaycat2:

3 minutes ago, cruelcooper said:

Personally, I only use like three songs from Reputation in 2022 and it’s the pop album that I least want her to retread. I mean, there’s a reason it does worse on the BB200 than the other two. But to each their own! Or something like that.

3 minutes ago, Verge of Obscene said:

cuz y’all keep blowing this thread up talking about absolutely nothing

Essentially this whole thread summarised since the album was announced. :cm:

16 minutes ago, Squall said:

pC3NZZU.gif

“I Drink Heavy Liquor” is coming.

pC3NZZU.gif

The way I am hoping Midnights might replace Red as my top favorite album :jonny5:

if midnights is the soundscape love child of melodrama, masseduction, and moonlit fools combined with taylor's refined lyricism from folklord and evergreen, we might just have a hit on our hands 

8 minutes ago, cruelcooper said:

cruel summer is one of her best songs ever though (its even your username lol :deadbanana2:

i think its safe to say each of her three straight pop albums have highs and lows.

Edited by yonsé

7 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Yet it’s always said in response to someone wanting a smash hit from her :michael:

I’ve so far quoted one person saying this sis, how dense are you?

20 minutes ago, Squall said:

pC3NZZU.gif

Do you mean that she'll redirect all her sadness into vocal lessons? 

12 minutes ago, cruelcooper said:

With the lifeless RFI? The cringy LWYMMD/IDSB? The terrible End Game? The bore NYD? The catastrophe that is Gorgeous. I mean the best songs of that album are the acoustic version of DWOHD and Getaway Car (+ DBM, shame on me for forgetting this masterpiece). The rest ranges from good to average.

Like I can understand liking Rep more than Lover, but no sane person consider Rep better than 1989. Even 1989's lows (WTNY, SIO, BB) are better than Reputation's. And Rep doesn't have a single song that even come close to Blank Space/Style/Wildest Dream/Clean.

Edited by Klein