Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

44 minutes ago, electrastan said:

Do we think she’ll release a lead? I wouldn’t put it past her to not release anything after what she pulled with RED announcing it, like, half a year prior :chick3: woohoo now I can be sure she’ll be my top 5 on my wrapped 2022 :heart:

Oops, I meant to quote this 

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

Hmm I think it's a bit too soon for her to release TS10, it's kinda giving me Dawn FM vibes in terms of momentum (both seemed like they were already everywhere when the album was announced), hope to be proven wrong tho.

Anyway, for the album I personally wanted a mixture of genres and BIG stadium songs but not bubblegum pop. Something like old Coldplay/U2 perhaps

2 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

With Lewis EdSheeranWannabe dropping his song Sept 9th we should just forget about the #1 in the UK. AM are still a big threat for the album's debut as well. Her timing is always a kii :dies:

anyways, music not the (#1s) bling!! 

This puta better start signing them CDs now. Might as well sign some vinyl as well just in case

8 minutes ago, By the Water said:

This puta better start signing them CDs now. Might as well sign some vinyl as well just in case

50k signed CDs to secure that #1 :chick3:

Hopefully nobody important releases during the Christmas season so she can keep the number #1 for the rest of the year at the US. :clownny:

Just now, TheArgonaut said:

Hopefully nobody important releases during the Christmas season so she can keep the number #1 for the rest of the year at the US. :clownny:

Also, she needs to pull the signed copies trick again for the first weeks. 

25 minutes ago, Alex21kw said:

Hmm I think it's a bit too soon for her to release TS10, it's kinda giving me Dawn FM vibes in terms of momentum (both seemed like they were already everywhere when the album was announced), hope to be proven wrong tho.

The difference is that The Weeknd had MEGA smashes Taylor hasnt had any in a while so that's why it wont affect her

IFYVwgr.gif

28 minutes ago, Alex21kw said:

Anyway, for the album I personally wanted a mixture of genres and BIG stadium songs but not bubblegum pop. Something like old Coldplay/U2 perhaps

I would be here for that 

3 minutes ago, TheArgonaut said:

50k signed CDs to secure that #1 :chick3:

only 50k? :redface: i'm praying she gets to signing em and theres a TON of supply for the UK again bc i want to bulk buy and give them away like I did with red tv :gaycat5:

3 minutes ago, TheArgonaut said:

Also, she needs to pull the signed copies trick again for the first weeks. 

not you quadposting, coming for my place at the top of the thread are we missy?

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Sesame said:

Why does she not sign any vinyls :nicole:

Probably more annoying to have so many in one place at the same time, unlike cd booklets which are virtually flat and thousands can fit in 1 normal sized box :redface:

She should make the extra effort tho, we deserve them! :fan:

6 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

If there’s any 1975 song you want her to emulate the sound of which would it be?

For me i either want something grand like “It’s Not Living (If It’s Not With You)” / “If You’re Too Shy (Let Me Know),”

or something more understated and beautiful like “Somebody Else” (she’s already done something close enough before, with Delicate) or “I Couldn’t Be More in Love” (which is already in a similar vein as False God, imo)

1 hour ago, MingYouToo said:

the TASTE!

its not living is pop perfection! :jonny4:if 1989 had an injection of depression to it teas!

It’s Not Living is literally my favorite song of all time by anyone, if she ever served that :jonny2:

11 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

It’s Not Living is literally my favorite song of all time by anyone, if she ever served that :jonny2:

Imagine It’s Not Living / The Sound / I’m In Love With You type of Taylor song? I’ve always wanted that from her.

1 minute ago, lovethismusic said:

Imagine It’s Not Living / The Sound / I’m In Love With You type of Taylor song? I’ve always wanted that from her.

The Sound is another one that I think she'd sound particularly good on. It's even good for a single - it's got some energy, it's the right amount of commercial without sounding contrived and manufactured. 

I'm just so in love with the concept of Taylor's take on The 1975's synth-focused pop rock. I have to stop thinking about it or I'll be disappointed if/when she comes out with a totally different sound instead :rip:

1 hour ago, Cruel Summer said:

The Sound is another one that I think she'd sound particularly good on. It's even good for a single - it's got some energy, it's the right amount of commercial without sounding contrived and manufactured. 

I'm just so in love with the concept of Taylor's take on The 1975's synth-focused pop rock. I have to stop thinking about it or I'll be disappointed if/when she comes out with a totally different sound instead :rip:

Yeah I’ve been listening to their discography since she announced the album :deadbanana2: I’m setting myself up for disappointment too

Imagine something like this

Ugh i need a SIGNED vinyl. She’s so annoying never dropping any. The only way to get one is to be a nepotism baby or an SNL cast member :giraffe:

5 hours ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Yeah I’ve been listening to their discography since she announced the album :deadbanana2: I’m setting myself up for disappointment too

Same I've been imagining her voice on their tracks and listening to mashups :rip: This one is great :

These songs of theirs perfectly fit the vibe, lyrics and theme of Midnights :WAP:

I'm honestly struggling to see the correlation between the aesthetic we have so far and the type of sounds some of you are envisioning for this album. :deadbanana2:  The 1975 of all things to be inspired by :rip:

trip hop, psychedelic, soft rock… boo!!

we need el guincho to produce midnights with tainy and taylor to serve us some REGGAETON JAMS. hop on the bad bunny trend sis :jonny5: serve us your CHICKEN TERIYAKI moment ! 

2 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

:jonny5: serve us your CHICKEN TERIYAKI moment ! 

Confused Little Girl GIF