Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

11 minutes ago, Michael196 said:

wednesday midnight - exclusive variants countdown ends/lead announcement

thursday midnight - lead release

wednesday (14th) - lead debut tv performance on agt

thursday midnight (15th) - lead mv premiere

I’m manifesting :psych:

put on Willow Moonlit Witch version with me. 

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

33 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Yeah I never said that every track on folkmore sounds like each other, I just disagreed with the claim that these music critics & journalists have saying it was this this Ray Of Light. I love Taylor & the two forest albums are among my favorites, my criticism comes from a deep place of love for Taylor. Therefore, I don't think that she pioneered any new genres or made a deep cultural wave. There is no big wave of folk music topping charts, unlike good 4 u & pop punk. 

Except multiple artists have spoken about Folklore directly influencing their subsequent output/albums, like Hayley Williams, Rina Sawayama, Christina Perri, Phoebe Bridgers, and Maya Hawke. Not to mention Aaron Dessner flew to the top of everyone’s call list for producers, which is already seen with him producing for Gracie Abrams and King Princess.

This is the same argument as Taylor not having a meat dress “moment”, her influence is on the artists who listen to her themselves, not a short lived trend that dies in 6 months :toofunny2:

22 minutes ago, AvrilMoonlight said:

spacer.png

meet me at midnight for the single announcement. :gaycat3:

When it strikes 12 and nothing comes we need to meet each other at LA time mightnight cb75e2a34615a6e7a2cabd9699ff4b08.jpg

18 minutes ago, skyupsahl said:

Google has informed me these are madonna songs! I must confess I know exactly 0 madonna songs I fear she was a bit before my time :redface:

the ONLY Madonna albums you MUST listen to are Ray of Light, Bedtime Stories and Confessions on a Dancefloor. Her 3 magnum opuses. Erotica is good too but you need to be older to appreciate it I think. Do your homework tonight while you wait for the lead off of Taylor's own magnum opus Midnights. 

cb75e2a34615a6e7a2cabd9699ff4b08.jpg

14 minutes ago, skyupsahl said:

Google has informed me these are madonna songs! I must confess I know exactly 0 madonna songs I fear she was a bit before my time :redface:

BESTIE WHATTT

You need to go stream the songs Like a Prayer, Like a Virgin, Ray of Light, Frozen, True Blue, Open Your Heart, Papa Don’t Preach, Material Girl, Into the Groove, Express Yourself, Music, Hung Up, Sorry, Cherish, Borderline, Lucky Star, Holiday, What it Feels Like for a Girl, Unapologetic B*tch, and B*tch I’m Madonna RIGHT NOW. 

And these are just off the top of my head. I wouldn’t even consider myself Madonna educated either oop :deadbanana4: Half of these songs are singles or songs I first heard on glee. (The way I should do a discography deep dive on her too… :chick1:). She has so many bops, there’s a reason her career has outlasted literally everyone :jonnycat:

OMG Taylor's new lead single off of Midnights is going to be titled Moonstruck! This is all according to me! :jonny5:

21 minutes ago, TheArgonaut said:

:swan:Wait how old are you bestie?

i am 20!!! only been in music comm since april of 2021 also so i don't know much ab the older stuff, still working my way through this decade's music :redface:

54 minutes ago, TheArgonaut said:

NOW I have a question, who said she will tour after Midnights??????

TheArgonaut

She hasn’t toured since the rep tour, I imagine she wants to go back on the road very badly and I just can’t see her waiting till TS11 for it

8 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

OMG Taylor's new lead single off of Midnights is going to be titled Moonstruck! This is all according to me! :jonny5:

I promise that you’ll never be moonstruck like me!

I know that the moon is made of cheese 

I know we went there in the 1960’s

And you’re the kind of guy that NASA wants

AND THERES ALIEN LIFE OUT THERE

spacer.png

Edited by youreyesgocold

4 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

BESTIE WHATTT

You need to go stream the songs Like a Prayer, Like a Virgin, Ray of Light, Frozen, True Blue, Open Your Heart, Papa Don’t Preach, Material Girl, Into the Groove, Express Yourself, Music, Hung Up, Sorry, Cherish, Borderline, Lucky Star, Holiday, What it Feels Like for a Girl, Unapologetic B*tch, and B*tch I’m Madonna RIGHT NOW. 

And these are just off the top of my head. I wouldn’t even consider myself Madonna educated either oop :deadbanana4: Half of these songs are singles or songs I first heard on glee. (The way I should do a discography deep dive on her too… :chick1:). She has so many bops, there’s a reason her career has outlasted literally everyone :jonnycat:

NOT THE 20 SONG INTRODUCTION but okay i'll try a couple and see how i get along :ducky:

Does anybody think the Midnight Sharp thing in her bio means something?

TheArgonaut

She must be very, very confident of all the songs to have the titles on the album cover. Imagine hating one song, that you will always see whenever you’re playing it.

I hope it’s not pop, not even folklore-pop.

A cynically sounding diva power ballad would be nice!

Bring back those DWOHT and DBM pipes, Queen!

Edited by Taylor fanboy

7 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

the ONLY Madonna albums you MUST listen to are Ray of Light, Bedtime Stories and Confessions on a Dancefloor. Her 3 magnum opuses. Erotica is good too but you need to be older to appreciate it I think. Do your homework tonight while you wait for the lead off of Taylor's own magnum opus Midnights. 

cb75e2a34615a6e7a2cabd9699ff4b08.jpg

?

3 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

I know we went there in the 1060’s

spacer.png

Flat earthers and conspiracy theorists everywhere will take this to #1 for MONTHS. A smash is coming with lyrics that can cut glass like these. Thank you for leaking them :jonny5:

1 minute ago, skyupsahl said:

?

I'm on my laptop so I have no clue what emoji you used but I am going to assume you used the heart for my recommendations? :-* 

4 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

I know we went there in the 1060’s

spacer.png

It’s All Too rosWell

Just now, IBeMe said:

I'm on my laptop so I have no clue what emoji you used but I am going to assume you used the heart for my recommendations? :-* 

I used salute to confirm I up to the task :cheers:

6 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

I know we went there in the 1960’s

spacer.png

NASA? omg and it’s an ari collab?  :jonny6:

Just now, skyupsahl said:

I used salute to confirm I up to the task :cheers:

perfecto! plz give me a review and your general thoughts when you are done. I'm not much older than you but I discovered Madgina's discography a lot earlier and it truly is amazing (especially her 90s releases...she was on a streak of quality in the 90s). Her 80s stuff is cute but just too dated sounding imo. Her 2000s material is up and down (some great some terrible) and then her 2010s stuff is just not worth even listening to tbh so don't waste your time with that. Enjoy sis! :hug: 

7 minutes ago, TheArgonaut said:

Does anybody think the Midnight Sharp thing in her bio means something?

TheArgonaut

It just means as soon as it turns midnight

3 minutes ago, IBeMe said:

Flat earthers and conspiracy theorists everywhere will take this to #1 for MONTHS. A smash is coming with lyrics that can cut glass like these. Thank you for leaking them :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

It’s All Too rosWell

1 minute ago, AvrilMoonlight said:

NASA? omg and it’s an ari collab?  :jonny6:

I’m SCREAMING at these replies :skull:

(also not two of you quoting before I could edit the typo :rip:)

Are we getting anything today? I hope she releases a single at least. The wait for Red TV without ANYTHING was terrible

Imagine the 60s being true, and the female collab teas would mean a track where other ladies are background vocals again ala The Supremes. lol

THROWBACK THURSDAY:

i'm listening to Evermore in anticipation to Moonstruck (aka the lead single from Midnights) and it truly is a quality album. I used to be hard on it because I prefer Folklore over it but it's amazing. I'm at Closure though and I'm legit laughing throughout the song. The lyrics are funny and then there that digital sound and a fckin robot singing harmonies with her in some parts :skull: I can't with this song :bibliahh: