Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

When does the Grammy period end? Do we think she will wait to release the lead until the period ends? Or release it during the period like she has in the past. I hope we get a single before the album. I feel like shooting a video in july and waiting until October is such a long wait 

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

45 minutes ago, GabeInPolaroids said:

Care to share which albums are you referring to?

For example Auri II - Those We Don't Speak of, a tad bit over 50 minutes. Another one is Chris Rea's Auberge, 54 minutes. And both fit on just one vinyl.

And another recent one is Needles & Pinches by Georgia Train, 50 minutes. And the songs on these albums don't sound like there's been any cutting, at least not anything that could get rid of over 6 minutes of total runtime.

Edited by NordicGuy

59 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

This will be her Rumours.

evermore already ended folklore, and the trilogy will happen later in her career, Midnights has a LOT to prove given the trajectory of her career since Speak Now.

PS remember when we all thought the ME! teasers were alluding to 70’s music? :deadbanana:

Yes, that trilogy needs to happen :jonny5:

17 minutes ago, Scheissex said:

Champagne Problems is better than anything on Folklore but Folklore is more consistent overall. 

Folklore is cohesive but isn't monotonous like Evermore is. 

Arguable, but I agree with the rest :gaycat1:

I think Taylor didn't expect the success of Folklore. I think she has high hopes for Midnights and that's the reason the album has 13 tracks like Fearless and 1989.

smoore95GAGA
1 hour ago, cruelcooper said:

Folkbore remains her best album.:coffee2:

eversnore remains her ugly, untalented sister.:coffee2:

Flop Now remains discography filler.:coffee2:

This is one of the most embarrassing things I’ve ever read :toofunny3:

18 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

When does the Grammy period end? Do we think she will wait to release the lead until the period ends? Or release it during the period like she has in the past. I hope we get a single before the album. I feel like shooting a video in july and waiting until October is such a long wait 

September 30th.

I really hope we get something before that

The anti max Stans are gonna be upset when he’s all over the tracklist. She dropped the Easter egg that she would be working with him again in the beginning of 2021, 2 years later new album out.

5 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

September 30th.

I really hope we get something before that

I hope so too. If not, October 1st. Friday and the day of the new deadline. I just don’t wanna sit waiting . That was the worst part of the rep era 

Her hype will only last so long. No single release will lose hype. Unless we get a vogue cover soon… she could tease the lead in it and then release a week later like Adele and bey did however . However, releasing a single too early will also hurt the album which is what Adele did. But then the single also has to be good or else, hype hurt. 

Edited by 19SLAYty9

Just now, 19SLAYty9 said:

Her hype will only last so long. No single release will lose hype. Unless we get a vogue cover soon… she could tease the lead in it and then release a week later like Adele and bey did however . However, releasing a single too early will also hurt the album which is what Adele did. 

You say that but my whole girls chat (none of whom follow charts etc) were going crazy with this announcement.

I don't really think Taylor needs hype. 

Saw 36 pages and expected more than just an album cover and release date. :rip:

23 minutes ago, DanDuke said:

You say that but my whole girls chat (none of whom follow charts etc) were going crazy with this announcement.

I don't really think Taylor needs hype. 

But my point is it will diminish over time / needs to be sustained. A single would do that. But it would also need to be a good song.

Final reason I think this is pop: the album is under 44 minutes. That leaves an average of under 3:30 per songs. What genre is most conducive for that? Pop.

Having a lead single could be a bit risky if it isn’t well perceived (not saying it won’t be, just a hypothetical).  Adele had all the hype in the world and then EOM kinda of killed it.  The single debuted with 20M steams and then the album only 65M.  If she had just dropped the album at once it probably would have been closer to 80-90M

1 hour ago, On The Bound said:

there's just no critical thinking skills in the twitter/tiktok fanbase...like fully just braindead stans 

I had to delete TikTok bc I just couldn't handle the stupidity anymore 

The top comments on Taylor’s most recent TikTok are all TikTok swifties saying that she was teasing reputation TV. Even before the announcement it’s very obvious that was not going to happen… 

I'm not sure about the 44 min maximum, I have a vinyl that only has one disc and its 66 mins long so...

1 hour ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

Her hype will only last so long. No single release will lose hype. Unless we get a vogue cover soon… she could tease the lead in it and then release a week later like Adele and bey did however . However, releasing a single too early will also hurt the album which is what Adele did. But then the single also has to be good or else, hype hurt. 

like a month ago an insider said in a fashion forum that she has a vogue cover coming out in october  

I don’t want a single 7 weeks before the album release. I think 3 weeks ahead is the most she should do. But she does need to maintain her public persona for the next four weeks. Interviews, photo shoots, and teasers/promos could help with that.

imma greedy puta. i cant have ONLY 13 songs. put 13 more on deluxe sis or give us ts11 lol