Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

2 hours ago, americanlife said:

Honestly I feel really underwhelmed by this announcement. I'm always so excited for any new Taylor releases, and I am excited, but it feels different this time. Releasing a new album in the middle of this weird Taylor's Version rollout doesn't make sense to me.

I mean, she needs to keep her career going. The re-recordings were a success but they are made mostly for the fans and just re-recording things she already did kinda limitates her ideas... and this must be annoying for her lol

She's a songwriter and probably has new concepts going on all the time, she needs to put them out there and expand her discography. I was kinda turned off by her bc i thought she would re-release all of her previous albums and just after that come up with new material... but i'm glad she's doing both at the same time :clap3:

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

Since ANTi: 

Lover

folklore (plus LPSS)

evermore

Midnights 

Fearless TV

Red TV 

Enough stand alone/featured singles for her own droplets era. 

:deadbanana4: 

Anyone else nervous she's gonna do the Red TV thing where there's no single until the album release day? :biblio:

1 minute ago, swiftawaywithme said:

Anyone else nervous she's gonna do the Red TV thing where there's no single until the album release day? :biblio:

She better not :rip:

She’s probably like “fine, since y’all hate my single choices so much, now you get NONE” :rip:

we said we want good singles not no singles, sweetie.

8 minutes ago, swiftawaywithme said:

She smells blood in the water. I think she’s aiming for the biggest album release since Reputation, and she’ll a single as long as there is a song that can start the right conversations.

Also the cover is a serve. Easily her best since reputation (her second best album cover ever).

I don’t understand why people thought She wouldn’t release new music until after the re-recordings :rip: 

She is getting back on Her old schedule. We’ll probably get TVs next year and then TS11 in 2024. She writes music nonstop. I genuinely don’t think She will stop writing and recording new music every few years until She is quite a bit older. 

She better not mess up the release of this album. The GP is clearly here for her. The announcement post has over 7M likes on insta and about to hit 1M on twitter :rip:

We need good songs as singles. Radio and play listing better come through. Imagine the possibilities if they handle this correctly :WAP:

2 hours ago, americanlife said:

Honestly I feel really underwhelmed by this announcement. I'm always so excited for any new Taylor releases, and I am excited, but it feels different this time. Releasing a new album in the middle of this weird Taylor's Version rollout doesn't make sense to me.

She's probably mostly done with the re-recordings, hence a couple 1989 songs already being out there, and is waiting to maximize their sales since vinyl plants are so backed up.

I think she's just trying to maintain her relevance as a current artist whereas if she spends five years on releasing the re-recordings it threatens her status as a current artist. She will stand a better chance to get a radio hit with a brand new single as opposed to a vault track. "Message in a Bottle" sounded straight out of 2012.

She's playing the long game with the re-recordings so she can license out the songs in the future, and she seems to be releasing the ones she wants to license right now anyway like "Wildest Dreams" which was in a movie trailer.

1 minute ago, Nova_23 said:

She better not mess up the release of this album. The GP is clearly here for her. The announcement post has over 7M likes on insta and about to hit 1M on twitter :rip:

We need good songs as singles. Radio and play listing better come through. Imagine the possibilities if they handle this correctly :WAP:

She’s literally in her best position since early 1989 era with the jeepee :jonny2: My work Slack chat was full of girls and guys saying how excited they are. The single has to be perfect and serviceable.

5 minutes ago, Beyonnaise said:

She’s literally in her best position since early 1989 era with the jeepee :jonny2: My work Slack chat was full of girls and guys saying how excited they are. The single has to be perfect and serviceable.

If she releases a bad or annoying lead single to stir the pot/create conversation (WANEGBTQ+/SIO/LWYMMD) I'm going to end up on national news. We need the Cruel Summer of lead singles.

Edited by swiftawaywithme

I can’t believe her album announcement tweet is about to hit 1 Million Likes on Twitter :deadbanana2: I don’t think any pop girl has ever had a tweet have this many likes before. 1 Million Likes on Twitter is rare for anyone. But I think that’s a good early sign for this era to possibly be even bigger than Folklore :chick2:

Just realized she’s playing with fire on the album cover. Her Play With Fire is coming, I fear :WAP:

Unrelated but we need to start a GoFundMe so ATRL can afford better servers and a happy meal. These 503s are ridiculous :dies:

Republic is counting on her since everyone else on their roster underperformed or straight up flopped this year :deadbanana2: (Drake, Post Malone) 

they better give her the Drake level payola and let free Spotify users stream without ads :giraffe:

3 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

positions

spacer.png

Omg you're right. All for a 174k debut :skull: :rip:

Edited by swiftawaywithme

16 hours ago, Robburro said:

this is giving The District Sleeps Alone Tonight vibes and I’m way too curious to know what direction she’s going in lmao

WAIT THIS WOULD STOMP TOO :jonny5:

The hot 100 is so weak right now. If she doesn't drop this damn lead single and waits until the holiday season is right around the corner

11 minutes ago, swiftawaywithme said:

spacer.png

Omg you're right. All for a 174k debut :skull: :rip:

Interesting the ratio of likes vs retweets when compared to Taylor’s 

LMAO can't believe I missed this. I'm very intrigued by what I think this will sound like. Expectation is another COCC/Solar Power/Daddy's Home/Sling because I know Jacking Anton Off is involved, but my hope is something dreamier and moodier. I think she's more than delivered classics (quality wise) with folk and country, but in my opinion none of her pop albums are fully good enough to warrant a CLASSIC status. 

also, if this is pop, I would totally be into these side albums being directly influenced by her rerecordings. folklore + evermore definitely gave me "I've had to listen to my old country music 1000 times, here's how I would do that now" vibes, and she's been not very subtle that 1989 is the next TV.