• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

27 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

:redface::redface:

Let's not oversell it. I think she will be in the 600-700M range after the US leg, which is already absolutely gigantic (11.5M to 13.5M gross per date), but I don't think there will be enough dates to push it to 1B in 2023. However, do I think it could get there depending on how long she plans on touring. Kinda hope she goes for it, getting the first 1B grossing tour would be massive. 

Christmas tree farm is coming for a 4.2M peak this year. Nice peak even for our 2022 standards. It's exactly doubling it's numbers from last year so far (280k gained yesterday). Imagine if it does like 8M next year or something insane, its actually doing so well for such a young christmas song :jonny:

And yeah, she needs to stop releasing in Q4 and this has been evident since evermore. Albums and songs that have already stabilized before the Q4 holiday onslaught can bounce back but new releases can never recover fully and have their streaming stability compromised a lot. 

4.8M for anti-hero in just a month out... :sad:

Edited by Literature

1 hour ago, Holiest Dreams said:

That date was teased in the Bejeweled MV if I’m not mistaken… but that’s too early imo. Anything’s possible with her though.

Ideally… I’d really like her to intertwine Midnights era with the TVs/tour. Push Lavender Haze in January and Karma with the tour in March/April, with maybe Midnight Rain as a mid summer single. She can still release SNTV in the Spring and send Enchanted to the top, because that won’t stick around as it’s an old song, and it won’t impact the Midnights era. 

She could drop 1989 TV in the late summer/fall of 2023, with a proper pop single from the vault pushed with it. Midnights era would’ve already run its course single-wise by then, and with the goodwill she might have with Pop radio and audience in general, she could get another hit from that. 

The date theory from the Bejeweled MV was actually 12/16 (since the time on the giant clock she's sitting on was supposedly 12:16, but I'm not convinced it wasn't 12:15 and it was just the easiest position for her to sit on lol)

it would be criminal if they cut the era short. She needs to push out at least a 3rd single after Lavender Haze. Hopefully it will be Midnight Rain and then pushing it I'm hoping she remixes Karma and sends it to radio as a 4th single. 

I hope that even if Speak Now TV comes soon that she just gives it the attention it needs for a couple of weeks and the resumes the Midnights era and keeps it going. Just because she releases SNTV does not mean she needs to cut the Midnights era cold turkey like that. Hope it just gives a temporary pause to the era and then she resumes it whenever SNTV gets it little moment with Enchanted TV and what not. 

She REALLY needs to utilizes her time well and so whenever she is going to start filming her interludes and tour visuals I hope she squeezes in at least the filming of one more music video for either Midnight Rain or Karma...It'd be the best time to do it. Even if the mv turns out super simple it / low budget won't matter as long as it gets a mv. All of her songs that became singles and got videos end up getting amazing recurrent streams even if the video may not get a lot of views. It still helps. Plus when ppl discover an artist for the first time one of the first things they do is binge their videography. That's legit what I used to do as a kid...i'd just watch their mvs and assume that was all the music those artists had :rip: This was before I understood albums, singles, album tracks etc lol. I presume it's like that for a lot of young kids and potentially new audiences that will discover her music a decade from now and want to truly dive in. This is why having music videos is always important no matter what even as the times have changed. You still need them for your legacy. This is why I mourn Folklore and Evermore not having more videos tbh.

Edited by IBeMe

Speak now vault songs will be for country radios so she doesn't need to kill the midnights era. But if 1989 is the next rerelease  probably the end-summer single will be a new song from 1989 so only 3 singles from midnights. 

According to some estimations, Midnights sold 97k in 4 weeks in Germany, which means it's already eligible for Gold :clap3: 

She's doing AMAZING in France, she only lost 2 spots this week to #15 with 4 new entries ahead. Just so you know, A LOT of popular french artists have been flopping/underperforming lately in France and she's doing better than them :deadbanana2:

Her total is around 32-33k, I think she can reach Gold (50k) before the year ends, which would be her fastest album to reach Gold here (it literally took Reputation years) :cm: 

2 minutes ago, Squall said:

According to some estimations, Midnights sold 97k in 4 weeks in Germany, which means it's already eligible for Gold :clap3: 

She's doing AMAZING in France, she only lost 2 spots this week to #15 with 4 new entries ahead. Just so you know, A LOT of popular french artists have been flopping/underperforming lately in France and she's doing better than them :deadbanana2:

Her total is around 32-33k, I think she can reach Gold (50k) before the year ends, which would be her fastest album to reach Gold here (it literally took Reputation years) :cm: 

Instant classic in France. It's such a SMASH. I think I saw your name getting lashed on twitter for saying that  she should promote Midnights more than ATW and you are ABSOLUTELY right.

EltonJohn-ALBERTO-PIZZOLIAFP-via-Getty-I

here in italy very good too with 4 weeks in the top 10 until now with 2 in the top 3 (with #1 debut as you know).

Of course this is a time of the year with strong releases and new editions of old albums.

Also here italian rap-indie music is very strong and she is the only female artist in the top 10 in the last 2 months (even cpunting italian artists) and the only female international name with the #1 debut since 30 by Adele. 

Edited by vale9001

2 hours ago, Holiest Dreams said:

That date was teased in the Bejeweled MV if I’m not mistaken… but that’s too early imo. Anything’s possible with her though.

Ideally… I’d really like her to intertwine Midnights era with the TVs/tour. Push Lavender Haze in January and Karma with the tour in March/April, with maybe Midnight Rain as a mid summer single. She can still release SNTV in the Spring and send Enchanted to the top, because that won’t stick around as it’s an old song, and it won’t impact the Midnights era. 

She could drop 1989 TV in the late summer/fall of 2023, with a proper pop single from the vault pushed with it. Midnights era would’ve already run its course single-wise by then, and with the goodwill she might have with Pop radio and audience in general, she could get another hit from that. 

I originally thought it might be announced on her birthday since it’s self-written and gets released in March before the tour. You never know with her tho.

Speaking of Elton. He may be a threat. He’s at 500m and has Stadium shows all next year :bird:

She should drop Enchanted TV on Dec 25/26 and turn it into a future NYE / NY week classic. The song screams fireworks 

The way her albums usually drop 5-7% on sundays but folklore rises  :deadbanana4:

(not this one tho cuz of christmas :baseball:, down 1.28%)

2 minutes ago, Brando said:

She should drop Enchanted TV on Dec 25/26 and turn it into a future NYE / NY week classic. The song screams fireworks 

for the 38754754735873485457th time, already released songs are NOT happening as singles :toofunny3:

12 minutes ago, Toxicity. said:

Speaking of Elton. He may be a threat. He’s at 500m and has Stadium shows all next year :bird:

Taylor always wins. He won't make it.

7 minutes ago, Literature said:

for the 38754754735873485457th time, already released songs are NOT happening as singles :toofunny3:

Who said that? ATW was also technically released before. Love Story was definitely released before. Didn't stop her from dropped Love Story TV 

I think Speak Now TV is coming next spring and since it's mostly country, I don't see it interfering with 'Midnights' radio push too much.

1989 TV will probably get the fall release slot, like RED TV did, and by that time, Midnight era will most likely be over with anyways.

5 hours ago, idkwiam said:

Instant classic in France. It's such a SMASH. I think I saw your name getting lashed on twitter for saying that  she should promote Midnights more than ATW and you are ABSOLUTELY right.

Yeah I can’t stand Twitter swifties :mazen:

Edited by Squall

5 minutes ago, Feanor said:

I think Speak Now TV is coming next spring and since it's mostly country, I don't see it interfering with 'Midnights' radio push too much.

1989 TV will probably get the fall release slot, like RED TV did, and by that time, Midnight era will most likely be over with anyways.

I think so too. The problem is she is teasing it too early.

UK:

1 Taylor Swift - Anti-Hero (17,288)
2 Sam Smith & Kim Petras - Unholy (15,321)
3 Meghan Trainor - Made You Look (13,527)
4 Oliver Tree & Robin Schulz - Miss You (12,049)
5 venbee & goddard. - messy in heaven (11,784)

1 Dermot Kennedy - Sonder (20,395) [17,857 physicals, 1,158 downloads, 1,380 streaming] *
2 Taylor Swift - Midnights (8,022)
3 Queen - The Miracle (6,712) ^
4 André Rieu & Johann Strauss Orchestra - Silver Bells (6,240) *
5 Nickelback - Get Rollin' (5,471) *

Same update as last Monday's for Midnights... which means probably another 25k :duca: She's so unlucky though, there are new releases every week :dies: 

Edited by Squall

6 minutes ago, NewStanner said:

:clap3:

It’s a hit ladies and gentlemen! 

26 minutes ago, Brando said:

Who said that? ATW was also technically released before. Love Story was definitely released before. Didn't stop her from dropped Love Story TV 

ATW10MV is essentially a new song and Love Story plummeted off the charts like a rock, same with wildest dreams and this love. the only sensible thing is to push vault songs as singles

Actually Elton stadium shows for 2023 are in Oceania (10 shows), then 48 arena shows in Europe. He's gonna make like 120-140M for a total for the tour (more than 300 shows) of around 700M. 

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Actually Elton stadium shows for 2023 are in Oceania (10 shows), then 48 arena shows in Europe. He's gonna make like 120-140M for a total for the tour (more than 300 shows) of around 700M. 

Just checked the Wikipedia page, not his farewell tour lasting 5 years :skull: 

Edited by Squall

1 minute ago, Squall said:

Just checked the Wiklipedia page, not his farewell tour lasting 5 years :skull: 

such a legend needs to say goodbye to a lot of people.