Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

4 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

Levitating Remix was released on October 1, 2020. It wouldn’t have been eligible for the 2021 Grammy ceremony alongside the parent album, but rather the 2022. I mean, I’m basing this off of a couple articles I’ve read though. I know the Grammys have weird eligibility rules and they change up their criteria behind the scenes a lot, so if I’m wrong I’m wrong!

But for the time being I think a lead single would be best released on September 30, not even because of the Grammys but because 3 weeks from album release is juuust enough time for the lead single to stabilize but not decrease in performance.

the hype is already fading she has to release tomorrow and talk about it a little bit at the tiff q&a

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

1 minute ago, RuflesCando said:

Wait and see how we're gonna get MidnightsTM exclusive candles, matches, lighters, t-shirts, necklaces, incense, clips, frames, jumpers, sweaters, book markers, all of the dollar store except for a single

sigh.

adds a necklace to cart

Just now, RuflesCando said:

the hype is already fading she has to release tomorrow and talk about it a little bit at the tiff q&a

this. not for me because i'm delusional, but for most people. a bop of a single would perk us up nicely i think

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, TheArgonaut said:

If it’s going to be soft-rock then it’s never going to stabilize on the charts. She should just release it and let it sunk down the charts. Then onto the next one :jonnycat:

Not you coming arround on the soft rock sound

2 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

Not you coming arround on the soft rock sound

God sends his worst battles to his strongest soldiers. :heart:

2 minutes ago, skyupsahl said:

The Stockholm syndrome :jonnycat:

This woman has me on a CHOKEHOLD :deadbanana4:

1 minute ago, skyupsahl said:

this. not for me because i'm delusional, but for most people. a bop of a single would perk us up nicely i think

spacer.png

Let it drop this week, leave them talking and keep hyping it on the following month. If the Rumours are correct, next week she's on the Vogue UK cover, probably to talk about the album, and on the BBC Radio One Live Lounge Show. She's trailing an oscar campaign path at the same time as the album rollout. She's not dialing down. Amsterdam opens the first week of October. Then, the New York Film Festival begins. She's hired a PR firm to get the nomination and is obviously planning a full offensive of being everywhere so they cannot miss her. She's doing everything for that oscar and has planned accordingly. The PR firm knows this is the beginning and most influential period of the award season.

30 minutes ago, smoore95GAGA said:

Ok but what if we’re always expecting it until October 21st? No lead single then?

Looks likely. 
Plus, we always wait for specific days, like midnights, Thursdays, Fridays and 13s. For all it’s worth she can announce at a Monday at 6:47am.

If she drops a MV for it I also wouldn't be surprised. She needs the momentum and if she fails then she's not getting that nom! The Academy needs to know you want it!

3 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

Let it drop this week, leave them talking and keep hyping it on the following month. If the Rumours are correct, next week she's on the Vogue UK cover, probably to talk about the album, and on the BBC Radio One Live Lounge Show. She's trailing an oscar campaign path at the same time as the album rollout. She's not dialing down. Amsterdam opens the first week of October. Then, the New York Film Festival begins. She's hired a PR firm to get the nomination and is obviously planning a full offensive of being everywhere so they cannot miss her. She's doing everything for that oscar and has planned accordingly. The PR firm knows this is the beginning and most influential period of the award season.

:cm: flows perfectly, makes sense, would make me very happy, bet it's happening!

or it could just... not :dancehall2:

20 minutes ago, RuflesCando said:

I think the Vogue UK Cover + article, if true, will help maintain a little hype. The interviewer will give us tea on like 3 or 4 songs and Taylor will talk about co-writers or producers and that will give us about 2 weeks worth of speculation/discussion in my opinion. A single isn’t the only way to maintain interest :gaycat: 

5 minutes ago, skyupsahl said:

:cm: flows perfectly, makes sense, would make me very happy, bet it's happening!

or it could just... not :dancehall2:

If she misses this oportunity the twitter stans will be angry. She needs that Oscar so bad

2 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

I think the Vogue UK Cover + article, if true, will help maintain a little hype. The interviewer will give us tea on like 3 or 4 songs and Taylor will talk about co-writers or producers and that will give us about 2 weeks worth of speculation/discussion in my opinion. A single isn’t the only way to maintain interest :gaycat: 

The schedule is pretty tight, but the general public needs to know what she's about with the project. They won't be following her every footstep that closely

1 minute ago, RuflesCando said:

The schedule is pretty tight, but the general public needs to know what she's about with the project. They won't be following her every footstep that closely

In my mind, this is perfect:

September 9 (this Friday): her TIFF panel, + a lead single announcement 

September 16 (next Friday): lead single release, VOGUE UK article with a few song teases & small bits of album info

September 23: music video for lead single

September 30: track list announcement, maybe a merch drop

October 7: nothing (Amsterdam release week)

October 14: final social media promo blitz, so tik tok engagements tweets Instagram stories etc 

October 21-28: album release week, hopefully a few live performances, Zane Lowe interview, stuff like that. 

That would be a good way to maintain weeks of interest in the album if you ask me. 

1 minute ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

September 16 (next Friday): lead single release, VOGUE UK article with a few song teases & small bits of album info

October 14: final social media promo blitz, so tik tok engagements tweets Instagram stories etc 

October 21-28: album release week, hopefully a few live performances, Zane Lowe interview, stuff like that. 

That would be a good way to maintain weeks of interest in the album if you ask me. 

why not an announcement today? join the fun!

I want her on Carpool Karaoke, SNL, the Kelly Clarkson Show, the Tonight Show, the Late Show, Good Morning America, and the America’s Got Talent Finale. Give me HUNGER for success queen. :jonny5:

3 minutes ago, WeFoundTrouble said:

announcing a single a week in advance when we've been waiting 2 weeks already nnn

Just now, RuflesCando said:

why not an announcement today? join the fun!

I rihfuse to clown! I know this woman well enough by now :gaycat6:

2 minutes ago, skyupsahl said:

announcing a single a week in advance when we've been waiting 2 weeks already nnn

And we can keep waiting because she is not giving us anything this week :gaycat6: 

The red tv era has traumatized you. She posted a story yesterday for a reason- so that when she posts a story tonight at midnight more people see it. That’s how instagrams algorithm works. Same with TaylorNation. Whenever she or they post multiple days in a row / TN is active on twitter she announces something shortly after. Also, she knows people will be speculating what happens to her site at midnight and thus it will have engagement for a single announcement