Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

The sexy baby lyrics was so unnecessary + as was the karma line. I feel like she made Karma a song and made it all fluffy to **** with people complaining about Karma being the album Reputation was :bibliahh:

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

It's okay.. but where are the melodies sis...?? Question...? seems like it has no melody at all, maybe it would be better if it was spoken words with beats

GRETCHEN.gif

1 minute ago, TheArgonaut said:

I know this will succeed anyway. We need the critics to LET HER KNOW

pC3NZZU.gif

No we need the GRAMMYS TO LET HER KNOW! 

7 minutes ago, LookinAssHittas said:

I’m not listening to any leaks and will be waiting until Friday, but can someone tell me the genre of the album?

Is it country/pop (Red), pop (1989/reputation), or folk/alternative (folklore/evermore)?

Pop

19 minutes ago, Verge of Obscene said:

there are people out there that bought 4 copies of this.

The lashings :deadbanana2: It can't be that bad

Lavender Haze: 10,500,00

Maroon: 9,000,000

Anti-Hero: 10,500,000

Snow On The Beach: 10,500,000

You’re On Your Own Kid: 9,500,00

Midnight Rain: 6,000,000

Question…?: 6,000,000

Vigilante Sh*t: 7,500,000

Bejeweled: 7,500,000

Labyrinth: 7,000,000

Sweet Nothing: 6,500,000

Mastermind: 6,000,000

=

105M

• ATRL Administrator

? It’s me. Hi. I’m the problem it’s me. ? :celestial3:

The dramatics in this thread are :ahh:

3 minutes ago, TheArgonaut said:

I know this will succeed anyway. We need the critics to LET HER KNOW

pC3NZZU.gif

Stream this Midnights ender

GRETCHEN.gif

lmao, all the meltdowns... this CLEARS puta and loser. Vigilante **** is what all those childish awful "ANGRY" songs from regurgitation wish they were (excluding the love songs like Delicate, Don't Blame Me, CIWYW... of course).

It's not her best album, middle of the road on her discography, but I like that this is a really consistent and good produced pop album. I like what she did, it feels like a last hurray into pop music, mixed with her new sound/artistic direction. This doesn't make me think her future in music will be a steep decline like the 1-2 punch of Loser/Puta made :deadbanana:

This deserves a 7.5-7.8 tbh. The positions comparison makes sense: it's an okay album after an imperial phase, sometimes it feels rather short and fast (aligned with how music is made thinking on TikTok), but it's way more consistent and better IMO.

2 minutes ago, Nova_23 said:

No we need the GRAMMYS TO LET HER KNOW! 

When she ditches Jack and serves us another masterpiece with TS11. 2024 can't come any sooner.

pC3NZZU.gif

2 hours ago, TaylorNation said:

spacer.png

i hate this puta :chick3: hope this alberm flops so she’ll learn her lessons.

Honestly a lot of these songs had huge potential. She should’ve brought in more writers and producers to elevate them. And it didn’t need to be Max Martin. There are literally hundreds of amazing Pop producers out there. Then again, having a low number of writing credits is part of her brand, which turned out to be her achilles heel this time. 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, GentleDance said:

We were making fun of Marina's Karma but it ended up being the better song :deadbanana2:

i don’t know about that one

I listened to it again... and it's ok but where is the replay value? SPECIALLY on the lead Anti-Hero?

pC3NZZU.gif

littlebodybigheart
5 minutes ago, Bingo said:

The fact that no one asked for this is what's SENDING me! :deadbanana2:

Both her and Jack are creatively burned out at this point and that's totally normal. Jack's been producing for a lot of artists in the same vein and I feel like Taylor gave 110% of herself to folklore and evermore. TVs have already become an unexpected cashgrab for her (and I don't mean that in a negative way, clearly the demand is there) so I don't understand why she thought this move was necessary :michael: For anybody else this kind of misstep/decline in quality would've been a career suicide but at the end of the day she will do great numbers - especially first week - and the tour will break all kinds of records for sure. Sorry, you can call me dramatic but I'm just disappointed :noparty: Oh well at least I got Maroon and YOYOKid out of this mess :emofish:

everybody but y’all is gonna love this album. maybe you guys find it unnecessary on this thread but you’re all in the minority while the rest of the world isn’t trying to pretend they’re some sort of critic or music snob. it’s not that deep…

When my depression works the graveyard shift
All of the people I've ghosted stand there in the room

B5Vy.gif

Maroon is a career highlight. The pain in the last chorus. Wow.

"Awake with your memory over me

That’s a real ******* legacy, legacy I’m awake with your memory over me

That’s a real ******* legacy to leave

The burgundy on my t-shirt when you splashed your wine into me

And how the blood rushed into my cheeks, so scarlet, it was maroon

The mark on my collarbone, the rust it grew between telephones

The lips I used to call home, so scarlet, it was maroon...."

I will never understand how people are mad at this. It hit me like a truck in the best way.

this album sounds nothing like positions and nothing like anything else what are you guys saying, it’s really such a great listen and it’s such different and contemporary stuff, people will be into this.

stop comparing this to positions, at least positions had nasty/positions/pov, MIDnights has exactly 0 hits

the only thing in common MIDnights has with positions is bad lyrics, and "sexy baby"/"karma is a cat"/"spider boy" is far worse than any lyric on positions