Taylor Swift - ‘Midnights’

Almodusa

3 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

I feel the same, I'm sure once I listen a few times It'll hit and I won't be able to take it off repeat.

Literally like yes some of the lyrics are cringe so when you first hear them it's jarring aiforokos but the melodies are there. It's moody and weird and fun once you get into it.

• Replies 51.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

I’m not listening to any leaks and will be waiting until Friday, but can someone tell me the genre of the album?

Is it country/pop (Red), pop (1989/reputation), or folk/alternative (folklore/evermore)?

Debut absolutely clears this mess, y'all have to stop acting like it's a bad record when it has Tim McGraw, Picture to Burn, Teardrops, Our Song :ghostface: Midnights sits in the bottom 2 along with loser

i definitely won't be forging taylor's signature on my other 5 copies of the album and selling them for 1k on ebay to cupcakes. no.

pC3NZZU.gif

Just now, LookinAssHittas said:

I’m not listening to any leaks and will be waiting until Friday, but can someone tell me the genre of the album?

Is it country/pop (Red), pop (1989/reputation), or folk/alternative (folklore/evermore)?

Pure pop, through and through.

12 minutes ago, Verge of Obscene said:

there are people out there that bought 4 copies of this.

This sent me to the moon :bibliahh:

It's more pop (reputation/lover) but the softer sides of those two albums

if i was jack, i'd pretend william bowery made all these songs

2 minutes ago, FireBomber said:

me and your lost sense of taste. we’re very happy together : ) 

You should be so lucky to find my taste. Then you'd be able to eat properly, instead of just thinking you ate. :coffee2:

1 minute ago, Cruel Summer said:

Pure pop, through and through.

Omg I prefer Taylor’s pop music (Red/1989) over her folk music (folklore/evermore), but the way y’all are dragging it…. I’m kinda scared

48 minutes ago, 1989 said:

I think the ones that need to touch grass are the ones in here having full on meltdowns over an album they’re listening to a leak of (and an LQ one, at that). :skull:

The LQ ain’t gonna change the production that much sis :skull: though actually I like the production. It’s the lyrics I can’t stand at times 

Omg I prefer Taylor’s pop music (Red/1989) over her folk music (folklore/evermore), but the way y’all are dragging it…. I’m kinda scared

it's nothing like red/1989, it's like all the bad parts of lover larping as reputation with some fail evermore lyric parroting

Wait “the lips I used to call my home… so scarlet, it was maroon” … did she just come out 

I'm waiting until Friday but it looks like her terrible rollout backfired and she's to blame for that

GRETCHEN.gif

Think The Archer and Call It What You Want for pretty much an entire album.

I happen to really love it, but yeah, it’s not for everyone!

Just now, Nova_23 said:

I love midnight rain :jonnycat:

Same the way it just hit me out of nowhere :jonnycat::jonnycat:

This album feels a bit like her overwritten ~aesthetic~ young adult novel that you end up re-reading because it's so fun in spite of the cringe

The production on this is horrible... I just listened again

pC3NZZU.gif

The fact that no one asked for this is what's SENDING me! :deadbanana2:

Both her and Jack are creatively burned out at this point and that's totally normal. Jack's been producing for a lot of artists in the same vein and I feel like Taylor gave 110% of herself to folklore and evermore. TVs have already become an unexpected cashgrab for her (and I don't mean that in a negative way, clearly the demand is there) so I don't understand why she thought this move was necessary :michael: For anybody else this kind of misstep/decline in quality would've been a career suicide but at the end of the day she will do great numbers - especially first week - and the tour will break all kinds of records for sure. Sorry, you can call me dramatic but I'm just disappointed :noparty: Oh well at least I got Maroon and YOYOKid out of this mess :emofish:

I know this will succeed anyway. We need the critics to LET HER KNOW

pC3NZZU.gif

the sexy baby line RUINS Anti-Hero :deadbanana2::deadbanana2::deadbanana2: what was she THINKING?

I HATE THIS ALBUM.

I’ve never slandered Jack before this album and now I get it. She needs a writer with her in the studio to stop her from putting these corny ass lines in. 

It’s not too late to rush release woodvale next week sis. It’s so heartbreaking to know that all the Taylor fan accounts she follows is going to praise her and hype her up for this mid to low effort album. 

1 minute ago, pinkbowvintage said:

Same the way it just hit me out of nowhere :jonnycat::jonnycat:

This album feels a bit like her overwritten ~aesthetic~ young adult novel that you end up re-reading because it's so fun in spite of the cringe

i wasn’t sure how to feel after first listen but now i have it on repeat. my favorite at the moment :jonny:

I genuinely don’t understand the hate. The album does give very night, winter vibes, with the colder productions. I’m a ciwyw, sig and ma&thp so this is right up my alley. Y’all expected her to revolutionize pop with this album…