• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

Just now, enchanted0 said:

:skull: this is so on point maybe too much

Secretly it’s actually what I wanted, but I got lucky with what we got because I’m a The Archer and Call It What You Want stan too

pC3NZZU.gif

I'm scared for the tour setlist now. Is she going to do like Madonna and do mostly new songs with a few old ones thrown in, because... I might have to reconsider using that presale code. :noparty:

1 minute ago, Beyonnaise said:

Watch Hits Different (and the other deluxe tracks BOZ lowkii teased) serve avant garde alternative storytelling best songs of all time, leaving us all fuming and confused

pC3NZZU.gif

:gaycat2:  you know it'll be her Run Away With Me

1 minute ago, Sesame said:

I’ve come to realize that her songs written about strangers and other people are always better because her own life isn’t interesting enough anymore to give us those well written lyrics/stories. 

Reveal hidden contents

Now if Joe would dump her or cheat on her then we’d really get an album worthy of this aesthetic/theme

spacer.png

Happens to the greatest of them, Joni ended up writing more songs about strangers/fictional characters than about herself, most Kate bush songs were about fictional characters...

Loser is way worse with tragic two lead singles and half of the album are filler yet it got 79 Metascore with impressive longevity, and even has cult following so yeah Midnight is definitely safe :WAP:

1 minute ago, FireBomber said:

i find it f***ing hilarious that people think swifties are going to be retuning this album. i am more invigorated than ever to get this over 1M debut week. it’s exactly what we wanted AND needed 

Who's WE?

2 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

I just don’t get it. I became a fan during the F/E because I actually saw some artistry coming to light. And that led me to Red which is also really cute for a pop album. This is just SUCH a drastic step in the wrong direction. 

I legitimately wonder if part of why the release is like this is because she knew sales wouldn’t be as high if we had heard it before hand :rip:

Wbk folkmore fans are fake and phony :alexz2: real ones always knew she had the range 

Even her country albums show that "artistry" you speak of

I don't think she'll be dragged dragged, but a lot of the reviews will probably mention fatigue at this sound and how it feels like a letdown after the heights of Folkmore/Red. Lover was still received quite well compared to other pop girl releases

Streaming-wise this will be interesting because while there's some good songs but I'm just not sure there's anything the GP will latch on to the way they have with Don't Blame Me, Cruel Summer, August, etc.

pC3NZZU.gif

1 minute ago, Cloröx said:

Loser is way worse with tragic two lead singles and half of the album are filler yet it got 79 Metascore with impressive longevity, and even has cult following so yeah Midnight is definitely safe :WAP:

one of the most sound of things said to n the last 24 hours bestie 

On the way home
I wrote a poem
You say what a mind
This happens all the time

73dI.gif

Just now, kyoshi said:

Wbk folkmore fans are fake and phony :alexz2: real ones always knew she had the range 

Even her country albums show that "artistry" you speak of

This! I'm also an alt stan but some of their takes I've seen here are :rip:

I love Karma! 

I’m curious to know the number of returns after the first week :gaycat5:

12 minutes ago, Lost In Paradise said:

i'm so curious what exactly people were expecting that's causing them to have such a negative immediate reaction...

70s soft rock. Are you new to the thread? :deadbanana2:

there are no MeSS or YNTCD on here thank god but karma and vigilante **** come close 

can she stop writing about joe and her life or if she’s gonna write about her life make it my tears ricochet or marjorie :monkey: 

2 minutes ago, Frogger17 said:

Who's WE?

me and your lost sense of taste. we’re very happy together : ) 

we wanted her to take cues from the highs of Peak Now and Red but she rehashed the LOWS of puta and Loser instead :ahh: 

Just now, Beyonnaise said:

I don't think she'll be dragged dragged, but a lot of the reviews will probably mention fatigue at this sound and how it feels like a letdown after the heights of Folkmore/Red. Lover was still received quite well compared to other pop girl releases

Streaming-wise this will be interesting because while there's some good songs but I'm just not sure there's anything the GP will latch on to the way they have with Don't Blame Me, Cruel Summer, August, etc.

pC3NZZU.gif

On the other hand for streaming, those kinds of things usually establish themselves a bit better long-term. For at least the first few weeks, this will dominate streaming, and hard, even without a clear standout catching on. I don’t think we’ll really get how this album is received until a few months after release, maybe even longer, because I don’t see a world in which it doesn’t initially smash just based on being a Taylor Swift pop album.

the reactions here are insane, you'd think she released a Post Malone album or something

the way ppl on here w zero music taste act like critics. this will be as well received as all her other albums. 

Edited by vasymollo

2 minutes ago, Buffy said:

I’m curious to know the number of returns after the first week :gaycat5:

As long as they’re processed AFTER the first week. :allears: