• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

5 minutes ago, Teneo said:

But this thread is saying that songs like Bejeweled or Maroon could fit right in between Ready for It and IDSB? Question…?

Maroon is basically from the same music cloth as King of My Heart but the album is overall more-so a continuation from Lover; there's nothing on it that sounds at all like the maximalist sounds she did on reputation. 

is there a place people who actually like this album can talk cuz all these LOsERS are bumming me out 

Sources are saying she recorded the Midnights Buckingham Sessions on September 7th

GRETCHEN.gif

Can’t do a ranking yet but Lavender Haze, Maroon, Bejeweled, Karma, Snow on the Beach, Vigilante ****, and Anti-Hero are 10/10. This is an album for the intellectuals! 

midnight rain is growing...i REALLY like the vocal effect actually...it's a rly catchy hook but the lyrics...

Anti-Hero

Bejeweled

Lavender Haze

Vigilante ****

Maroon

Mastermind

Sweet Nothing

Midnight Rain

Question...?

You're On Your Own, Kid

Snow on the Beach

Labyrinth

Ranking after first listen. Really reminds me of how I felt with reputation after first listen.

Definitely a mid album for her. Better than Lover and reputa but not better than 1989. Ofc, the folkmore sisters remain superior.

Also, I’m not sure why ATRL seems to be taking the theme of the album SO literally. Thirteen sleepless nights translates in a more realistic way to being thirteen songs about things that have weighed heavy on her mind and kept her up more than once throughout her life and career. These things can be sad, happy, thoughtful, confused, etc. I feel like there’s a large part of ATRL that expected it to be all super dramatic songs about her quite literally pacing around all night or something. :rip:

Just now, Casually Cruel said:

my dreams of soft rock taylor in shambles reading these comments....

Sigh we are never gonna get a soft rock album at this point

1 minute ago, Casually Cruel said:

my dreams of soft rock taylor in shambles reading these comments....

Yeah there’s nothing like that here. I like the album but I get the feeling, that’s more of what I was expecting.

I mean, it's not bad at all, but it's pretty middle-of-the-road imo, like, on the same level as Lover (maybe slightly better since it's more cohesive and doesn't have anything as bad/offensive as ME!, The Man, IFTYE or LB), but it's definitely not as good as reputation or 1989, especially in terms of productions and hooks. Some of the lyricism is definitely questionable.

Edited by G.U.Y_Del_Rey

luckily like the gp I didn't use that Halsey album so karma isn't tarnished in that aspect for me...it's still kinda tragic tho

What the **** is this album, this is genuinely awful. I had to pause when the sexy baby lyric came on, the **** does that even mean...

I can't believe this is the same artist that released cardigan two years ago.

Just now, TayDine1989 said:

Anti-Hero

Bejeweled

Lavender Haze

Vigilante ****

Maroon

Mastermind

Sweet Nothing

Midnight Rain

Question...?

You're On Your Own, Kid

Snow on the Beach

Labyrinth

Ranking after first listen. Really reminds me of how I felt with reputation after first listen.

Definitely a mid album for her. Better than Lover and reputa but not better than 1989. Ofc, the folkmore sisters remain superior.

SOTB is such a waste. I like it tho but it feels...empty :supaspaz:

4 minutes ago, FireBomber said:

getting better with EVERY listen 

Not you serving this

No but FORRREAL :bibliahh:The way I'm legit more mad at the whole imagery being misleading than the songs themselves being mid/average.

1 minute ago, 1989 said:

Also, I’m not sure why ATRL seems to be taking the theme of the album SO literally. Thirteen sleepless nights translates in a more realistic way to being thirteen songs about things that have weighed heavy on her mind and kept her up more than once throughout her life and career. These things can be sad, happy, thoughtful, confused, etc. I feel like there’s a large part of ATRL that expected it to be all super dramatic songs about her quite literally pacing around all night or something. :rip:

the photos all served depression medication ad, that's why :rip: her concepts have always been very strong so the disconnect here is just so weird

Ngl Mastermind lyrics are creepy asf. I would be scared on Joe's shoes :jonnycat:

1 minute ago, On The Bound said:

luckily like the gp I didn't use that Halsey album so karma isn't tarnished in that aspect for me...it's still kinda tragic tho

:deadbanana2: