• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

37 minutes ago, messybottom said:

exactly i was about to say.. dirt femme came out last week let’s not say album of the century when better records have been released this month nnn

Dirt femme wasn’t even the best album of ITS week let alone being better than this incoming smash lol

Still absolutely loathe a couple songs on this album and think they’re some of her worst ever, but LH, Maroon, SOTB, YOYOK, Labyrinth are all fantastic so I can’t be mad at this album. 

Lana Del Rey makes an appearance on ethereal mid-tempo ballad “Snow on the Beach,” which feels like winter with synths, jingles and light orchestration. Quite frankly, when it was announced earlier this month that Del Rey was a collaborator on this album, most fans likely pictured something just like this song.
pC3NZZU.gif

Snow On The Beach is growing on me. It's much better if you imagine that they were both high while writing and singing it

1 minute ago, SleepingTigers said:

Football game starts in 25 mins for anyone waiting for the teaser 

We'd have to watch until the 3rd quarter tho :gaycat7: when's that usually :gaycat7:

Just now, Sesame said:

Still absolutely loathe a couple songs on this album and think they’re some of her worst ever, but LH, Maroon, SOTB, YOYOK, Labyrinth are all fantastic so I can’t be mad at this album. 

Wait. taste, this is my top 5
pC3NZZU.gif

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, SleepingTigers said:

Football game starts in 25 mins for anyone waiting for the teaser 

Pretty sure the trailer is dropping during the 3rd quarter no? I'm watching anyway as I've become a biT of a football fag:jamming:

Just now, Magickarp said:

We'd have to watch until the 3rd quarter tho :gaycat7: when's that usually :gaycat7:

Football game will start around 8:15PM EST. So i’d say the 3rd quarter will begin around 9:45-10PM 

2 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

Id say at the very least a hour and a half from now 

The album is fine but that’s it, it’s like her Positions (but better). Sweet Nothing is everything and I would love to see a music video for Mastermind! 

I liked it on first listen yesterday only once though. The two absolute skips were Bejeweled and Sweet Nothing. Let’s see is Dolby Amos changes that tonight. :lakitu:

I fear something has happened that has made Question...? a really difficult listen for me. Does anyone else think the background pulses are not on the same beat as the singing?

The first 6 tracks are so strong but then it fell hard:rip:

I don't know how to explain this but Midnight Rain sounds like the drunk loser unpopular depressed sister of All You Had To Do Was Stay:WAP:

(I mean that in a good way btw)

https://riffmagazine.com/album-reviews/taylor-swift-midnights/

ALBUM REVIEW: Taylor Swift strikes ‘Midnights’ on her return to pop

8/10

meanwhile, they gave folklore a 7/10 :lmao: 

I called this yesterday here, she's literally at a point in her career where she would put out a fart and critics would still love it. Thank you folklore for this ongoing imperial phase, I guess.

pC3NZZU.gif

Edited by State of Grace.

I'm on the fence about the double album theory. I think the trailer will be telling, especially if there's 2 different aesthetics.

But the fact that NFL presenters are on TikTok saying it's a double album is extremely sus

2 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

let's go woodvale theorists, time to clown more

pC3NZZU.gif

is it possible you wouldn't know about it sis because i need to believe

pC3NZZU.gif

Yeah I'm pretty sure this will move past 1989 to be her best pure pop record

3 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

let's go woodvale theorists, time to clown more

pC3NZZU.gif

You would know if there was another album, right? Don't gaslight us :thing:

3 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

https://riffmagazine.com/album-reviews/taylor-swift-midnights/

ALBUM REVIEW: Taylor Swift strikes ‘Midnights’ on her return to pop

8/10

meanwhile, they gave folklore a 7/10 :lmao: 

I called this yesterday here, she's literally at a point in her career where she would put out a fart and critics would still love it. Thank you folklore for this ongoing imperial phase, I guess.

pC3NZZU.gif

or maybe people with zero musical taste in this thread were too soon to **** all over this masterpiece and are now gonna look like fools?

Just now, shookspeare said:

is it possible you wouldn't know about it sis because i need to believe

pC3NZZU.gif

no I don't think that's possible

pC3NZZU.gif

either way there is more music coming so we still won

pC3NZZU.gif