• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PoisonedIvy

• By the Water

• Squall

• simmnfierzig

1 minute ago, State of Grace. said:

I can see this. That positions performance was godly.

And yeah I'm truly failing to see how this is a "STADIUM TOUR" album. It's the complete opposite to me because it's lacking the Big Pop Bangers if she wanted to go that route.

I think this would sound great in a stadium. Cut Vigilante **** and throw in:

• Call It What You Want
  • So It Goes…
  • The Archer
  • Delicate
  • Will You Still Love Me? cover
  • Clean
  • All You Had To Do Was Stay

Omg now that’s a TOUR :smitten2:

Karma is my boyfriend

karma is a god

:katie2:

karma is the breeze in my hair on the weekeeeend

karma's a relaxing thought

*something something* but for you it's not

:katie2:

sweet like honnaaayy

karma is a cat

purring in my lap cuz it loves meee

:WAP:

SOTY!!!!

This is a great album, I am..not understanding the meltdowns. :deadbanana2:

11 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Yeah there’s nothing like that here. I like the album but I get the feeling, that’s more of what I was expecting.

Urgh she had the best album photoshoot since Red it would have been perfect

Looks like I'll have to hold out hope for SNTV vault tracks

I was looking forward to this. I thought she would serve something new and daring, but this is the safest and least ambitious album of the year.
You guys loved Lover, she probably didn’t feel like straying too far away from that. But even that was much better.
The production feels cheap and simplistic. And the vocal arrangement is non existent. She has some cute classic Taylor lyrics in there but she delivers them like a girl at her second grade recital. 
Anti-Hero has a promising Post Malone esque beat but everything else falls apart.

You guys are already overrating Midnight Rain, the production is not interesting. Like most of the album, these are old tricks she and countless others have already overused. She also tried to make her vocals sound dreamy in one too many songs. Just another cheap trick and she doesn’t do it well.
Nothing wowed me but Bejeweled was my favorite track. 3/10

1 minute ago, GentleDance said:

twitter is dragging the sexy baby line and the karma lyrics :deadbanana2:

I saw a justin stan dragging her lyricism so their opinion was automatically invalid. like, c'mon

i’m still cackling at the fact that the aesthetic literally doesn’t fit a single song on the album. can we sue for false advertisement? :bibliahh:

This gif cursed the album. Once it started being spammed in here it was all downhill 

pC3NZZU.gif

It’s a Taylor album so it’s definitely not bad, but idk who thought “Stripped Back Reputation” was a sonic direction she needed to go.

Midnight Rain - 8/10 

3 hours ago, Buffy said:

One thing is for sure — this is the first and last time anyone will trust her preordering blindly without hearing a single :ahh: If she sells 1 million copies for this…. Lol

oh, absolutely. i want my money back but it's too late. she's smart i'll give her that! :bibliahh:

3 hours ago, Dayfire13 said:

"unnecessry album" we will see when she debuts with 120m on spotify and 1m on billboard

oh it will, but how will it hold up for week #2... that's the 'question...?'

hopefully this really does get LASHED by critics and shut out by the grammys so she can ditch pop forever and be the fiona apple/PJ Harvey/Laura Marling hybrid she could be once and for all

GRETCHEN.gif

4 minutes ago, Aaron said:

i… don’t know how to feel. it’s a 6/10 for me right now. her marketing tactics this era already soured my mood towards her so that could be affecting it but i feel like the album just doesn’t have a reason to exist. a lot of her songs are starting to sound the same and it’s annoying that she’s taking cues from lover, folklore, and rep rather than trying something new. it also bothers me that she can’t write a pop song without thinking it needs to be cheesy and gauche, because the highlights of the album are the more upbeat interesting pop productions but lyrics are just stupid 

This. All this. So true. Her best pop hits happened to be her country songs with pop mixes. She needs to go back to country music and make pop versions. Win win.

Guys please we can't let Sexy Babies join her list of #1 hits

I hope Americans will join me in this emergency streaming party I'm organising for tomorrow:

pC3NZZU.gif

not twitter swifties saying listening to the l3@ks make you a fake fan :bibliahh:

Love the album overall - 9/10.

Wanted to hate karma but it's really catchy. Bejeweled was my least fav but all others were 8-10

Edited by Wolf Alice

Just now, mael said:

Hopefully She takes a 10 year break after this.

(Or break up with Joe)

She needs to serve an alt rock album then she can do whatever she wants

is it really that difficult to pay max martin????? she could have her own dawn fm