Evil Dead franchise | Two new movies announced

genetic fail

I'm a big horror movie fan, and I didn't even mind the Evil Dead remake, but this really just looks like the Evil Dead remake part 2. I also was not a fan of the director's previous work The Hole in the Ground. But hey, I might catch a matinee or Evil Dead Rise on streaming if the reviews are decent.  

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• genetic fail

• ChapelHooker

• Sweetestsecret

• Jay L

2 hours ago, Artur said:

This looks so good :jonny5: I hope the kids and the aunt find a way to survive and be happy in the end :dancehall3:

Out of the kids i'm pretty sure only the little girl will survive (if any of them is still alive by the end).

7 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Out of the kids i'm pretty sure only the little girl will survive (if any of them is still alive by the end).

Yeah, they will all be dead by the end. Just wishful thinking :noparty:

1 hour ago, Artur said:

Yeah, they will all be dead by the end. Just wishful thinking :noparty:

Guess we'll have to see! I'm pretty sure it's gonna be an amazing movie nonetheless.

i didn’t love evil dead 2013 and this looks a lot like that so …. okay i guess

**** ME the trailer looks perfect, I was hyped before but now I can't wait, 2013 was SO good an is still a lowkey classic and this is giving me that vibe with bit more artsy 20's aheastic I love it sm, looks so grizzly, I'd pay good money to have Jane Levy back in some form but this seems like a total continuation of that movie so it sits really good with me after having to sit through all that Ash Vs Evildead show for 2 seasons was it I think? :skull:

while I'm here I'll just drop the fact tea that Evil Dead 1981 is a CLASSIC and the practical effects are legendary in history whilst Evil Dead 2 IS TRASH and bad not only as a movie but visually, etc etc, same for Army... I HATE HATE HATE "FUNNY" evil dead, it's campy enough without the str8 50 years old "humor"  

these are facts :heart:

so excited

17 hours ago, genetic fail said:

I don’t think so since there’s apparently a law against misleading trailers now

As there should be! The trailer for a movie shouldn’t be better than the movie itself :clown:

Not me being completely traumatised from that trailer. Can't wait to watch it, it's giving Evil Dead 2013 type of horror :jonny6:

Yeah, this looks creepy and after some things I went throught 3 years ago, I may pass on this one.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

SXSW reviews are coming in!!! :duca:

I'm so excited and I'm not even a big ED fan :duca:

I didn't care for the 2013 remake, but even I'm excited for this one! I agree with another user that I wasn't too satisfied with Terrifier 2, although, I do want to rewatch it, just to see if my opinions changed on the film. 

The way I've literally seen nothing about this till now :skull:

The critics raving about it :WAP: the 2013 remake was so good and apparently this falls between the tone of ED2 and the remake. I'm literally so excited.

• ATRL Moderator

Will definitely check this out (wasn't particularly moved by the trailer but I feel like that happens quite a bit with horror film trailers) happy to see it's getting positive reviews! 

The acclaim. I can’t wait to snatch tickets for opening night. :jonny2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.