Hunter Schafer (Euphoria) gets lashed for liking IG post dragging nonbinary people

DanyelP23

We’ve had years of privilege discourse and yet people don’t understand the problem in listening to non-dysphoric enbies over trans people who actually need medical care to function. De-classifying and de-medicalizing gender dysphoria just allows cis people and medical professionals to gatekeep medical care. Just because we de-classify gender dysphoria won’t erase stigma. Gender dysphoria will just no longer be treated as a medical issue because the non-dysphoric people will be treated as the authority. 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Uncatena

• Headlock

• GraceRandolph

• Cameltoe Chariot

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing said in the post he liked is incorrect and furthermore it’s disheartening that we can’t have open and honest discourse around the abuse/misuse of pronouns without fear of being silenced.

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

Of course enbies aren’t responsible for right wingers actions, but I see the point Hunter is making. Conflating gender dysphoria that is serious enough to require medical transition to gender presentation or the use of they/them pronouns is a problem. If a hetero polyamorous person said they had the same struggle that gay people have and creating distinctions was offensive I would be mad, and trans people are understandably upset when NB folk erase any distinction. 

But to take your comparison and then dissect that using key terms and societal perspectives, "hetero polyamorous" and "gay people (LGB)" are still societally different enough to counteract that with the fact heterosexual people are not a minority group. Even in partaking in polyamorous activities and even though many people disagree or find polyamory strange and distasteful. it's not sensationalised as much as the queer community is to the conservative mindset.

And I think what's icked a lot of people here. You have a minority group of people pitting something on another minority group of people, while belligerently bypassing the fact the actual changes being made to trans healthcare and it's access aren't being made by non-binary people the instagram poster speaks of. I too agree with certain sentiments being made by the poster, but I think it's important to focus on the large outlook of who is making these changes rather than write a false narrative on how we have got here. Even if your comparison is relevant to how socially each minority group might look and feel about one another deep down, that isn't relative to how cis-hetero conservative leaders are actually making decisions restricting trans healthcare.

44 minutes ago, JessPop said:

Nothing said in the post he liked is incorrect and furthermore it’s disheartening that we can’t have open and honest discourse around the abuse/misuse of pronouns without fear of being silenced.

Hunter Schafer is a she, but I have an inkling feeling you know that given the latter part of your post, since the instagram post wasn't instinctively about the abuse/misuse of pronouns.

3 hours ago, AuntieKunt said:

It's always interesting to watch the modern day pronoun gang/LGBTQIA2s++++ infighting.
The entire bases of this gender stuff is all arbitrary and it's not possible to for it to ever truly make sense or be congruent so this is inevitable.

I accept my warning point and repent for daring to have a critical and nuanced thought about the church of LGBTQIA+++.

rEminn.gif

Your critical and nuanced thought being… *checks notes* you don’t understand it therefore it’s stupid :rip:

3 hours ago, AuntieKunt said:

Really interesting that you solely blame JK Rowling for sharing her non violent opinions and not the numerous trans people who have left her literal death threats and tried to send pipe bombs to her house.
These comments are not good optics for the trans community and instead of calling them out you take the easy route of blaming the evil nazi bigot TERF JK.

EamrmEIU0AA76Ii?format=jpg&name=large

Eamrlc0UcAAS_Eb?format=jpg&name=large

Tons more where this came from but I don't want to clog up the thread.
rEminn.gif

Oh wait you’re THAT kind of person, I see my previous post was falling on deaf ears :deadbanana4:

28 minutes ago, Jack! said:

Hunter Schafer is a she, but I have an inkling feeling you know that given the latter part of your post, since the instagram post wasn't instinctively about the abuse/misuse of pronouns.

First of all; I’m not familiar with Euphoria nor any of the actors on the cast besides Zendaya. Hunter is a traditionally male name (imo) so I assumed that’s what she identified as. My point still remains the same. 

This thread :deadbanana4:

The post is pretty dumb. People should just do what they want. The reality is, gender really doesn’t matter since it’s arbitrary based on so many things, and yet the only thing that actually matters is conservatives are trying to take the rights of trans people away. Nothing else matters outside of that and there is no finger to point besides at those in power who are taking away said rights. No one is forcing them to do anything but themselves, and I guarantee non-binary people of all people have nothing to do with it. :skull: 

EDIT: just want to clarify by saying “gender doesn’t matter” I’m only saying it shouldn’t be anyone else’s problem besides the person who is choosing whatever gender they want to go with. It should be a personal decision only, without outside influence or impact but alas, it’s not cause we live in a wicked world.

Edited by Relampago.

8 hours ago, AuntieKunt said:

Really interesting that you solely blame JK Rowling for sharing her non violent opinions and not the numerous trans people who have left her literal death threats and tried to send pipe bombs to her house.
These comments are not good optics for the trans community and instead of calling them out you take the easy route of blaming the evil nazi bigot TERF JK.

EamrmEIU0AA76Ii?format=jpg&name=large

Eamrlc0UcAAS_Eb?format=jpg&name=large

Tons more where this came from but I don't want to clog up the thread.
rEminn.gif

Her ideas might not be expressed like those tweets, but her ideas are bigoted, and are embraced by like-minded bigots, who can influence law-makers to pass laws that get trans people killed (see the US, for instance). 

Twitter by its algorithms and its profit incentive doesn't allow for many posts that trend to have subtlety - it's based in outrage cycles. 

For this movement (and no, not a trend, just to be clear) to largely emerge with its public face being on that platform is really unfortunate. 

All I have to add on this. 

11 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

trans people who actually need medical care to function

:doc:

7 hours ago, Espresso said:

Twitter by its algorithms and its profit incentive doesn't allow for many posts that trend to have subtlety - it's based in outrage cycles. 

For this movement (and no, not a trend, just to be clear) to largely emerge with its public face being on that platform is really unfortunate. 

All I have to add on this. 

And that's not just twitter, that's social media in general, including forums, except the incentive is getting a reaction/hit thread.

Supposedly serious issues are re-contextualized, framed into half-truths, sensationalized to get a reaction. Its everywhere on this forum.

The point on the OP is a case. There are points there most can agree on. But I don't think it was posted to make those points.

The first line, right off the bat, was posted in an inflammatory manner to get that hit post people want on social media.

Edited by harwee

The “trans” umbrella really isn’t big enough to cover everyone. Someone is bound to get wet eventually. Non-binary & binary trans people have about as much in common with each other as they do with cis people. They shouldn’t be constantly lumped together as they  have completely different needs. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.