Did you expect Nicki to outlast Katy and Gaga in the US?

MingYouToo

What we really saw on Nicki's solo #1 hit is how big and loyal is her (USA) fan base. I would say even more than Monsters.

Good for her, even in her lowest she had incredibly numbers.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• lg6chromatica

• AMIT

• Jjang

Gaga's still an elite super star in the US and i'm not even a fan of her but there's no way Nicki is bigger than Gaga there

What I do find amusing is that when Nicki first started, Dance-Pop was the biggest genre in US. So, Katy and Gaga were bound to have more overall success. Nowadays, the industry is Hip-Hop dominant in US. So, the pop girls will struggle more compared to the Hip-Hop girls. 

It's all about the industry.

Edited by Zoe_

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

When was her last solo #1? 

As if that's the only barometer of success :rip:

Can Nicki even tour? Like I'm genuinely asking. Since Katy and Gaga had big tours, what does Nicki offer besides frauds streams and sales for a single which will plummet the next week? 

Katy - yes

Gaga- no

But more so I thought that Gaga would still be churning out hits, breaking records, and topping the charts. I didn’t expect her to fizzle from her peak so fast. Although Gaga overall is still more successful than Nicki, she doesn’t have that presence that she used to have. I think Gaga should have went to acting sooner, like before Artpop, get a hit movie/show, then release another album (not Artpop but something else).

Nicki also has a very strong, cult-like fanbase which is helping her stand the test of time, outside of her talent. Because there are a lot of talented people that should be topping the charts 13 years after their debut but they don’t got the fanbase. I mean look at Jojo.

no I didn't 

but talent usually wins so it makes sense that she did after all :ducky:

Edited by lovecatt

Threads like this are pretty much proof why this site is a cesspool of endless stupidity and low-grade trolling :zzz:

ATRL caping for Nicki and Dr. Puke just to slight Gaga (and Katy) the lowest is what :redface:

13 hours ago, gettsleazy said:

The idea that an artist collecting rapists and pedophiles like infinity stones and shilling 8 versions of her single for PENNIES is anywhere near Gaga is so laughable. Like I am actually laughing out loud right now! lol.

gaga1.thumb.jpg.791cd3958419cbbf34832c4f

Jesus :deadbanana4:

13 hours ago, gettsleazy said:

The idea that an artist collecting rapists and pedophiles like infinity stones and shilling 8 versions of her single for PENNIES is anywhere near Gaga is so laughable. Like I am actually laughing out loud right now! lol.

Jeez :rip: :dies:

Nicki has definitely outlasted Katy and impressively so considering in 2011/2012 Nicki was basically a cheaper, tackier, less successful version of Katy.

She has not outlasted Gaga yet because Gaga could still score a big hit and successful album. Joker 2 will most likely have a soundtrack and could be a moment for her.

14 hours ago, gettsleazy said:

Oh 

ID4bmuc.gif

14 hours ago, Pikachoo said:

she has 138 failed #1s

"Massive Attack"
"Check It Out"
"Right Thru Me"
"Moment 4 Life"
"Super Bass"
"Did It On'em"
"Girls Fall Like Dominoes"
"Fly"
"Starships
"Right by My Side
"Beez in the Trap"
"Pound the Alarm"
"Va Va Voom"
"The Boys"
"Freedom"
"High School"
"Pills n Potions"
"Bang Bang"
"Anaconda"
"Only"
"Bed of Lies"
"Truffle Butter"
"The Night Is Still Young"
"Trini Dem Girls"
"Make Love"
"Changed It"
"No Frauds"
"Regret in Your Tears"
"MotorSport"
"Barbie Tingz"
"Chun-Li"
"Bed"
"Barbie Dreams"
"Good Form"
"Megatron"
"Tusa"
"Trollz"
"What That Speed Bout!?"
"Do We Have a Problem?"
"Bussin"
"Blick Blick"
"Super Freaky Girl"
Up Out My Face
My Chick Bad
Lil Freak
Get It All
Woohoo
Bottoms Up
2012 Aint The End
Letting Go Dutty Love
Monster
I Aint Thru
Raining Men
The Creep
Where Them Girls At
Y.U Mad
You The Boss
Fireball
Make Me Proud
Dance Ass
Turn Me On
Give Me All Your Luvin
Take It To The Head
Get Low
Beauty and a Beat
Freaks
Tapout
Tonight Im Getting Over You
Somebody Else
Im Out
Twerk it
Get Like Me
Love More
I Wanna Be With You
Clappers
Lookin Ass
She Came to Give It To You
Low
Flawless
Touchin Lovin
Throw Sum Mo
Hey Mama
***** Im Madonna
All Eyes On You
Back Together
Down in the DM
No Broken Hearts
Dont Hurt Me
Do You Mind
Side to Side
Run Up
Swalla
Light My Body Up
Kissing Strangers
Swish Swish
Rake It Up
You da Baddest
You Already Know
The Way life goes
ball for me
big bank
Fefe
Goodbye
Idol
Woman Like Me
Dip
No Candle No Light
Dumb Blonde
Wobble Up
BAPS
Hot Girl Summer
Welcome to the Party
Nice To Meet Ya
Move Ya Hips
Expensive
Oh My Gawd
Whole Lotta Money
Boyz
5 Star
Knockout
Al I do Is Win Remix
Hello Good Morning
Till the world ends
roman in moscow
stupid hoe
bor stunna
roman reloaded
senie
all things go
Black Barbies
Anybody
Rich Sex
The Light is Coming
Fendi
Yikes
We Go Up

her #1s to singles released ratio is 2%

I am screaming 

19 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

Fefe is not bigger than Shallow ffs :deadbanana2:

In the US it was. Had more weeks in the Top 10 and is 8x plat. Definitely not bigger globally obviously :deadbanana4:

Her 3 number one are fraudolents .

say so original version outsold Nicki remix , trollz 4 weeks on Chart . Freak show real hit 

gaga is more global than nucki . US is not The world 

Edited by Gagaqueen

I know you are a troll but I would really like to see Nicki Minaj to do a stadium tour, or even a Vegas residency :eli: 

Getting real brave.

She has way more to prove before she out last Katy & Gaga. 

I guess she "outlasted" Katy but she's still far bigger than her even in USA, and Gaga also had a #1 from her own projects recently so idk why she's being mentioned on the op :skull:

Edited by blueberries

43 minutes ago, blueberries said:

I guess she "outlasted" Katy but she's still far bigger than her even in USA, and Gaga also had a #1 from her own projects recently so idk why she's being mentioned on the op :skull:

Because apparently only solo hits mean anything, according to ATRL. 

yes because i saw that rap music is going uphill since like 2015 and is still strong

i was surprised how nicki was bombing for years before this hit

On 8/27/2022 at 7:30 PM, taipei said:

So what if Gaga is more successful than Nicki? They’re both ugly as hell

Post a selfie, bestie. Because we should know what YOU look like if you’re gonna drag.

Cameltoe Chariot
On 8/29/2022 at 8:12 AM, DirtyPony87 said:

Post a selfie, bestie. Because we should know what YOU look like if you’re gonna drag.

drag her :gaycat5:

The absolute delusion that is exclusively on ATRL. The only place on the internet where you can find obsessed Gaga haters STILL trying to convince themselves she's flopping and irrelevant while she is breaking records with her current sold out stadium tour and about to do TWO back to back, sold out shows in Japan... a place where most western artists even struggle to chart :biblio:

Multiple Oscar noms, just signed on for her third blockbuster film with an all star cast, on the heals of another successful solo album that even the locals know all the words to when you watch videos of the current tour... my god it must drive her haters INSANE seeing the success and acclaim

Anyway congrats to Nicki for yet another heavily sampled, paint by numbers track being spammed on radio I guess

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.