Did you expect Nicki to outlast Katy and Gaga in the US?

MingYouToo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• lg6chromatica

• AMIT

• Jjang

Let's wait for the album first. The gag if she's blocked again this time with a smash hit. 

I'm about to go see Gaga tonight at a tour date that alone has a good chance of grossing around 10% of Nicki's entire box office history. Please. :skull:

Honest congrats to Nicki for her first #1 that actually deserves the #1 spot, but I absolutely wouldn't say she outlasted Gaga, or even Katy for that matter (though you can say she outlasted Katy on the Hot 100, I'll give you that).

No, I didn't but she proved me wrong. She was able to get a solo #1 when her peers cannot.

Nicki gets a song to kinda stick after years and years of debuting and falling down the charts and these stupid comparisons start to pop up.

I wouldn't be so proud that she's doing it with a song that sounds like Anaconda after soooo many years. There's no growth in that woman... like, at all.

Congrats, I guess?

Nicki's last ORGANIC solo smash was in 2014, so the answer is no. She has not outlasted them.

I was told Nicki was over for good many times here on ATRL, so no, I wasn't expecting that, but I guess she proved me (and most of ATRL) wrong. :gaycat:

9 minutes ago, J.C. said:

Nicki's last ORGANIC solo smash was in 2014, so the answer is no. She has not outlasted them.

Excapt Nicki just got an undeniable streaming SOLO HIT in the big year of 2022. Which part of that is not organic? Y'all can be pressed all you want, but straight up lying in the face of evidence of the actual truth is never a cute look. :gaycat:

10 minutes ago, AMIT said:

Which part of that is not organic?

This part.

Gaga's last 2 major releases Chromatica and ASIB both had #1s on them.. What more do you want from her? If Stupid Love debuted now it most likely would have been #1 as well. This solo stuff is nonsense especially since Nicki has more collabs then basically anyone in the business and on top of that has had hundreds of attempts and flops and this is the first time shes even gotten a #1 from ANY of her own projects. I don't think this even needs to be said but Gaga is leagues above Nicki, even if Gaga flopped for the next two decades Nicki still wouldn't be able to pass her. :rip:

1 minute ago, J.C. said:

This part.

Every stanbase does that. :zzz:

Nicki still got a TikTok smash in the big year of 2022 and some of y'all hate to see it. :gaycat:

1 hour ago, Domination said:

Could Nicki even sell out an arena tour in the US right now? Genuine question.

Couldn’t now, couldn’t four years ago. 

U guys disrespect Gaga overall career success so much and im not even a little monster.. (not at all, im a casual listener at MOST) but facts are facts

Nicki needs more than just another abuser collab to surpass Katy and GaGa :dies: and the song hasn’t even been out for 2 weeks and y’all calling it a smash? :bibliahh:

Nicki didn’t outlast Gaga 

Nicki outlasting Katy isn’t super surprising when you consider the frequency that Nicki drops material or is featured on material vs Katy. Plus, even when Nicki was flopping she was still very much in the public consciousness due to the Cardi Beef and all of the Nicki memes. Katy became an uncool  millennial and there was nothing to keep her relevant. 

38 minutes ago, HabbGaga said:

Gaga's last 2 major releases Chromatica and ASIB both had #1s on them.. What more do you want from her? If Stupid Love debuted now it most likely would have been #1 as well. This solo stuff is nonsense especially since Nicki has more collabs then basically anyone in the business and on top of that has had hundreds of attempts and flops and this is the first time shes even gotten a #1 from ANY of her own projects. I don't think this even needs to be said but Gaga is leagues above Nicki, even if Gaga flopped for the next two decades Nicki still wouldn't be able to pass her. :rip:

Idk about SL debuting/reaching #1…but it must be said that ASIB wasn’t just a #1 single, it was a full smash era -Oscars, Grammys, box office smash, etc. And it came at a time where full eras were dying. 

Edited by Rotunda

5 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

Nicki needs more than one little hit after to have more longevity than Lady Gaga. If we’re considering #1 songs that will stay 4 weeks in the top 10, Gaga just had ROM 2 years ago. 

That was an Ariana Grande song.

7 minutes ago, collin said:

That was an Ariana Grande song.

As much as Nicki's success are 80% someone else's. 

36 minutes ago, St. Francis said:

Yes. Nicki is more culturally relevant than them.

Cultural relevant to which culture? :psyduck:

This thread :ahh: 

7 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Cultural relevant to which culture? :psyduck:

Nicki is more talked about amongst heterosexuals, Hip-Hop fans, Black people and other minority groups where as it's mostly gays who talk about Gaga and Katy.

Nicki's PR may be in the pits right now and has been for some time, but her name is still out there. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.