Did you expect Nicki to outlast Katy and Gaga in the US?

MingYouToo

Nicki is clearly more relevant than Katy nowadays, but I don't think I would say the same regarding Gaga until we see how a Nicki album performs. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Badgalbriel

• lg6chromatica

• AMIT

• Jjang

50 minutes ago, MingYouToo said:

Just to preface, I know Katy and Gaga still have strong careers but Nicki is literally on a massive chart run right now solo its insane! Remember this is a US specific thread.

Katy Perry, Lady Gaga and Nicki Minaj are like a few of the biggest popstars of the late 2000s early 2010s in the US to still have a presence up to the mid 2010s, while Nicki remained a Top 10 chart force for most of those years, Katy and Gaga ruled with an iron fist. 

However, nearly 15 years later, Katy Perry's career is nonexistent in the mainstream, Lady Gaga is no longer the pop supreme on the US charts she once was (while she has RoM and Shallow, Gaga has never had a solo breakout smash the way Applause and BTW were), and yet Nicki Minaj, for all of the flopping during the late 2010s, is coming back with a massive resurgence as a solo powerhouse with SFG!

Did any of yall expect for Nicki to outlast her pop peers (yes shes still a popstar). Given that she is a female and a rapper and how fickle the industry is to them (hardly any rappers survive for more than a decade), Nicki has an organic solo #1 in 2022! Are you surprised?

"massive chart run" :ahh: 

"outlast Gaga" :ahh:

Gaga is currently selling more tickets per show than Nicki ever has or ever will. She'll gross more with these 20 Chromatica dates than Nicki has ever will a full-fledged tour. :ahh:

The whole "solo" thing is a bogus metric created solely to discount Gaga's success with 'Shallow', which is something Nicki will never accomplish.

Calling "SFG" a "solo song" when it's literally a rehash of an already existing popular song is a stretch. :ahh: 

Calling her debut "organic" when she released it on TikTok months ago, did a bunch of online promo, and sold a bunch of remixes. :ahh: 

In 2024, Gaga will star in yet another hugely successful blockbuster movie where she'll be, yet again, the talk of the industry, receive a bunch of award nominations, and be everywhere. Nicki will either be in prison or feuding with the latest rap girl come 2024. :ahh: 

--

Gaga has cemented herself as an entertainment icon well on her way to becoming a legend. Nicki Minaj is ... not that lol. She still has to desperately beg her fans online to buy her music. Nothing Nicki does will ever touch what Gaga has accomplished in the past five years.

Edited by Bang Up

8 minutes ago, FOCK said:

Good to note, will keep that in mind the next time any of ATRL's faves manage to do this again, ever, let alone 15 years into their career. :gaycat3:

:foxaylove3:

Didn’t she just have a string of flops that debuted high and dropped like a rock before this? Lol 

Edited by Superbitch

Even Katy is doing better than Nicki, her vegas show probably outdid (or will) every Nicki Minaj Tour. Super freaky girl is front loaded and won't have longevity. 

12 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

The idea that an artist collecting rapists and pedophiles like infinity stones and shilling 8 versions of her single for PENNIES is anywhere near Gaga is so laughable. Like I am actually laughing out loud right now! lol.

gaga1.thumb.jpg.791cd3958419cbbf34832c4f

Spill lmao :soda:

what this tells me is that only Nicki and Gaga seem to be able to debut in the top 5/top 1

other gurlies couldn't, I guess they don't have.... loyal fanbase

ln0599e.gif

1 hour ago, MotoPapi said:

No

i thought gaga would be the one getting solo #1’s but she only gets them if she leeches on to younger more popular singers. Thank you Ariana.

As if Nicki's #1 aren't all attached to a rapist 

she has 138 failed #1s

"Massive Attack"
"Check It Out"
"Right Thru Me"
"Moment 4 Life"
"Super Bass"
"Did It On'em"
"Girls Fall Like Dominoes"
"Fly"
"Starships
"Right by My Side
"Beez in the Trap"
"Pound the Alarm"
"Va Va Voom"
"The Boys"
"Freedom"
"High School"
"Pills n Potions"
"Bang Bang"
"Anaconda"
"Only"
"Bed of Lies"
"Truffle Butter"
"The Night Is Still Young"
"Trini Dem Girls"
"Make Love"
"Changed It"
"No Frauds"
"Regret in Your Tears"
"MotorSport"
"Barbie Tingz"
"Chun-Li"
"Bed"
"Barbie Dreams"
"Good Form"
"Megatron"
"Tusa"
"Trollz"
"What That Speed Bout!?"
"Do We Have a Problem?"
"Bussin"
"Blick Blick"
"Super Freaky Girl"
Up Out My Face
My Chick Bad
Lil Freak
Get It All
Woohoo
Bottoms Up
2012 Aint The End
Letting Go Dutty Love
Monster
I Aint Thru
Raining Men
The Creep
Where Them Girls At
Y.U Mad
You The Boss
Fireball
Make Me Proud
Dance Ass
Turn Me On
Give Me All Your Luvin
Take It To The Head
Get Low
Beauty and a Beat
Freaks
Tapout
Tonight Im Getting Over You
Somebody Else
Im Out
Twerk it
Get Like Me
Love More
I Wanna Be With You
Clappers
Lookin Ass
She Came to Give It To You
Low
Flawless
Touchin Lovin
Throw Sum Mo
Hey Mama
***** Im Madonna
All Eyes On You
Back Together
Down in the DM
No Broken Hearts
Dont Hurt Me
Do You Mind
Side to Side
Run Up
Swalla
Light My Body Up
Kissing Strangers
Swish Swish
Rake It Up
You da Baddest
You Already Know
The Way life goes
ball for me
big bank
Fefe
Goodbye
Idol
Woman Like Me
Dip
No Candle No Light
Dumb Blonde
Wobble Up
BAPS
Hot Girl Summer
Welcome to the Party
Nice To Meet Ya
Move Ya Hips
Expensive
Oh My Gawd
Whole Lotta Money
Boyz
5 Star
Knockout
Al I do Is Win Remix
Hello Good Morning
Till the world ends
roman in moscow
stupid hoe
bor stunna
roman reloaded
senie
all things go
Black Barbies
Anybody
Rich Sex
The Light is Coming
Fendi
Yikes
We Go Up

her #1s to singles released ratio is 2%

58 minutes ago, Brooke Candy said:

Nicki made “getting a #1 “ meaningless

For you anything from a black artist is meaningless let's start there.

OT: Yep

1 hour ago, MingYouToo said:

Nicki is literally on a massive chart run right now solo its insane!

She gets one #1 debut and y’all say this

I love ATRL just for the braindead threads like this :bibliahh: 

All the congrats to Mrs. Petty for her #1 that uses a very popular sample but let's wait and see if the song stays at the top or free falls. 

52 minutes ago, Superbitch said:

Didn’t she just have a string of flops that debuted high and dropped like a rock before this? Lol 

6 minutes ago, Desire said:

I love ATRL just for the braindead threads like this :bibliahh: 

All the congrats to Mrs. Petty for her #1 that uses a very popular sample but let's wait and see if the song stays at the top or free falls. 

Are y’all not looking at the streaming stability? It’s still #2 on Spotify.  This is not another “TROLLZ” situation.  :laugh:

1 hour ago, Obsession said:

Nicki is clearly more relevant than Katy nowadays, but I don't think I would say the same regarding Gaga until we see how a Nicki album performs. 

I can agree with this.  

1 hour ago, pierreleswiftie said:

Even Katy is doing better than Nicki, her vegas show probably outdid (or will) every Nicki Minaj Tour. Super freaky girl is front loaded and won't have longevity. 

This. 

1 hour ago, Brooke Candy said:

Nicki made “getting a #1 “ meaningless

Sad, but I almost agree.

Like damn.

Are you trolling just to get Nicki dragged? :toofunny2:

There’s no universe where Nicki has outlasted Gaga, a woman who is on a stadium tour as we speak.

Could Nicki even sell out an arena tour in the US right now? Genuine question.

Nicki getting one hit after a 5 years chain of flops doesnt suddenly make her bigger than Gaga, and even Katy :skull:

1 hour ago, Aramis said:

For you anything from a black artist is meaningless let's start there.

OT: Yep

Why are you made with race in 2022?

I'm not surprised given the music industry's ongoing history of enabling abusers (Dr. Luke) and the opportunistic morality vacuum that is Nicki Minaj.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.