The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, renewed for S2

Hephaestus

5 minutes ago, The Last of Us said:

It’s crazy how much pain The Last of Us brings us and yet we can’t get enough of it. :gaycat6:

Right? We are masochists. :deadbanana2:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

Fantastic ratings for HBO!!! I am sure HBO Max and delayed viewership will be insane.

Lets see if it holds or improves.. 

Ok, I finally watched the first episode and I really like it, the first half was so good, it kinda dragged out towards the middle but it seems the next episode will be fire, can't wait.

Also, Pedro Pascal is such a daddy :jonny5:

12 hours ago, The Last of Us said:
  Hide contents

There’s no way he’s straight. This episode will be a love story for Bill and Frank. The people that hate it will probably be the ones who think Bill was straight in the game. :gaycat6:

I know right? I still want to cry every time I read that birthday card in the game.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I might cry now

Forced my bf to watch last night and he acted like he wasn’t into it and then found him watching a TLOU YouTube video this morning 🤣

can we just like, kill off every raging white incel with access to wifi? even though they're clearly the minority, getting really sick of people saying "Race swapping sarah" is warranting calling it a shitty show. I dont even understand how people could think that? :biblio:

• ATRL Moderator

Fantastic premiere! I have no prior experience with TLOU, but I was immediately pulled into this world. WHEW HBO truly remaining the undisputed queen of Sunday night television I fear :wanda:

2 hours ago, fauxtography said:

can we just like, kill off every raging white incel with access to wifi? even though they're clearly the minority, getting really sick of people saying "Race swapping sarah" is warranting calling it a shitty show. I dont even understand how people could think that? :biblio:

People are just idiots. It’s why I came off social media during peak lockdown and the release of TLOU Part II. I couldn’t handle so much stupidity appearing on my timeline. 

Edited by The Last of Us

Wioooo the episode was amazing 

I want more as soon as possible now

The way I grabbed for a controller during the truck scene because of the spot on immersion, PERFECTION :jonny4:

STOMP STOMP STOMP :jonny5: 

I love watching this since I didn’t catch that many easter eggs.

grace makes it seem like its so slow that viewers are gonna drop off, i hope that isn't the case but if the episode is slower like the 2nd half of the 1st episode i could see it happening. it should be heavy on action as well, otherwise it will just suffer the same fate as twd albeit that had incredible ratings for about 7 seasons. i don't even know how this is gonna sell a 2nd season without a certain major character.

3 hours ago, HabbGaga said:

grace makes it seem like its so slow that viewers are gonna drop off, i hope that isn't the case but if the episode is slower like the 2nd half of the 1st episode i could see it happening. it should be heavy on action as well, otherwise it will just suffer the same fate as twd albeit that had incredible ratings for about 7 seasons. i don't even know how this is gonna sell a 2nd season without a certain major character.

Who the hell is Grace? :rip:

The Walking Dead S2 was slower than S1 as it was double the size and had a lot more character building and it’s audience continued to grow that season and even hit a new series high with the S3 premiere, so I don’t see why TLOU would be any different.

Judging from the series preview there is plenty of action to come, but TLOU isn’t a show where you need action every second. Its main appeal and why it has such a dedicated fanbase is because of the characters and how strong their relationships are. It was never about the action. 

I also don’t understand your last point because…

Spoiler

If you’re referring to Joel, why wouldn’t he be in the second season when he’s in Part II of the game? 

14 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

Fantastic premiere! I have no prior experience with TLOU, but I was immediately pulled into this world. WHEW HBO truly remaining the undisputed queen of Sunday night television I fear :wanda:

Yep the story has barely even begun!!! Sooooo much ahead. 

4 hours ago, Anye said:

I love watching this since I didn’t catch that many easter eggs.

I don’t like what he said about the scene with the soldier and the little boy. I don’t think the soldier hiding her expression was “especially cruel” at all, she was simply staying calm as to not alarm the child. They were trying to euthanise them in the most humane way possible. 

The commentator must have been watching a completely different scene to me. :rip: 

5 hours ago, HabbGaga said:

if the episode is slower like the 2nd half of the 1st episode i could see it happening. it should be heavy on action as well

that's what I fear, I predict very few """action"" scenes :dancehall:

1 hour ago, The Last of Us said:

I also don’t understand your last point because…

Reveal hidden contents

If you’re referring to Joel, why wouldn’t he be in the second season when he’s in Part II of the game? 

yeah but as soon as he is gone its gonna be a hard sell. twd is another example of that as soon as they killed a major character in s7 it lost like 5m viewers :rip:

honestly if i were hbo execs i'd probably be pushing for that not to happen. i find it hard to see a way in which they pull that off and it goes over well.

3 minutes ago, HabbGaga said:

yeah but as soon as he is gone its gonna be a hard sell. twd is another example of that as soon as they killed a major character in s7 it lost like 5m viewers :rip:

honestly if i were hbo execs i'd probably be pushing for that not to happen. i find it hard to see a way in which they pull that off and it goes over well.

You need to put things in spoiler tags. 

There’s no way they’re not going to adapt it faithfully. Part II was amazing and in some ways, better than Part I. If people want to cry, let them cry. I’d rather respect the creators artistic vision than change things to satisfy the bigots. A lot of people love Part II, it’s just that the ones who don’t go out of their way to tell you instead of just moving on.  

first episode was amazing, i cried when they executed the ending scene from the flashback exactly like they did in the game

The Last of Us doesn't need to always have an "action" scene to keep the audience entertained. Yes, the infected are a big part of why the IP is successful but there's a **** ton of post apocalyptic series/movies/games etc that have the same concept but end up mediocre or panned and forgotten. Character building/relationship  was what made The Last Of Us the monster IP that it is, and if the production team nails it and use it as "window" in between the action scenes, there is nothing to worry about.

Not to mention the "slow segment" of the second half of the first episode is literally the most boring part of the game because that's basically the "information dump" part. 

Edited by FailSafe

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.