The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, renewed for S2

Hephaestus

Reading through the last few pages has been interesting...I didn't have any expectations going in tbh but the spore concern is certainly valid.

I'm just...over the moon that there's a live action adaption in general. & even though I know what's going to happen, it still feels like I'm re-living the experience I had with my first playthrough in 2013. I'm super hype for what's to come :duca:

I completely forgot how much I adore Joel & Ellie. & if there are plans for a part 2 adaption....whew I won't be able to handle it. :jonny2:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

12 hours ago, rp662 said:

I know nothing about the video game to be fair. I found this to be just ok. Not awful but not spectacular either; just enough for me to continue watching and hoping it gets better truly better. :celestial5:

Honestly, it's probably better for people who have never played the game or watched a play through on YouTube or something. If I had gone into with fresh eyes like "oh, what is this brand new show? Lemme stream!" then maybe I wouldn't be as disappointed. 

16 minutes ago, Scarlett Witch said:

Honestly, it's probably better for people who have never played the game or watched a play through on YouTube or something. If I had gone into with fresh eyes like "oh, what is this brand new show? Lemme stream!" then maybe I wouldn't be as disappointed. 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, The Last of Us said:

spacer.png

NAWT the immediate clock :rip: well you got me sis I stand corrected

Loved the first episode :duca: I'm not much of a gamer, so I never actually played the game but I always thought it looked very cool and intriguing. Happy we get this now! 

1 minute ago, Scarlett Witch said:

NAWT the immediate clock :rip: well you got me sis I stand corrected

LMAO!

Honestly, if you didn’t enjoy the show, it is what it is. Everybody has different opinions and I’ll always do my best to respect that. But I personally loved everything about this first episode and I’m a huge fan of both games. I’ve also spent a lot of the day watching people react to the episode on YouTube and most of them had played the game and they all loved it.  

But like I said earlier in this thread, the world would be boring if we all liked the same things. Also, you better stan the best MCU character Miss Maximoff. :clap3:

28 minutes ago, Scarlett Witch said:

Hard disagree! I personally think the show is even better if you‘ve played the games cause you‘re getting a lot more backstory. 

Edited by Peep Show

2 minutes ago, Slate said:

Loved the first episode :duca: I'm not much of a gamer, so I never actually played the game but I always thought it looked very cool and intriguing. Happy we get this now! 

I love reading comments like this! I’m so happy that non-gamers are getting to experience this world. :heart:

3 minutes ago, Peep Show said:

Hard disagree! I personally think the show is even better if you‘ve played the games cause you‘re getting a lot more backstory. 

I agree because getting to see more of Joel and Sarah’s relationship and Ellie with Marlene has been amazing. The show feels like a directors cut of the game to me so far and I’m here for every second of it!

Edited by The Last of Us

11 minutes ago, The Last of Us said:

I agree because getting to see more of Joel and Sarah’s relationship and Ellie with Marlene has been amazing. The show feels like a directors cut of the game to me so far and I’m here for every second of it!

And that‘s just the beginning.

Spoiler

We will get a Frank/Bill episode, which i‘m very excited for! The game never mentions what actually happened between them. Stuff like that will elevate the game to even greater heights.

6 minutes ago, Peep Show said:

And that‘s just the beginning.

Hide contents

We will get a Frank/Bill episode, which i‘m very excited for! The game never mentions what actually happened between them. Stuff like that will elevate the game to even greater heights.

I still can’t believe there’s people who… 

Spoiler

Try to say that it was never confirmed that Bill was gay. He’s clearly gay in the games. I don’t understand why bigoted people would play a game like TLOU when it’s clearly inclusive. But yes, I am so excited to see their story fleshed out. It wouldn’t have made sense in the game, so that’s why it’s great having a series to expand on these side characters. 

i don't think the spores are that important to the story, they served as a game mechanic. the infection is still based on cordyceps which sets it apart from zombie franchises.

48 minutes ago, The Last of Us said:

LMAO!

Honestly, if you didn’t enjoy the show, it is what it is. Everybody has different opinions and I’ll always do my best to respect that. But I personally loved everything about this first episode and I’m a huge fan of both games. I’ve also spent a lot of the day watching people react to the episode on YouTube and most of them had played the game and they all loved it.  

But like I said earlier in this thread, the world would be boring if we all liked the same things. Also, you better stan the best MCU character Miss Maximoff. :clap3:

Oh, 1000% agree! We can all love different things, but what we won't be doing is deny Ms. Maximoff her flowers. :oh: Taste recognizes taste!

But I'm glad the community is liking it so far. We all need some joy in this abysmal world so I will never knock that !

Edited by Scarlett Witch

1 minute ago, The Last of Us said:

I still can’t believe there’s people who… 

Hide contents

Try to say that it was never confirmed that Bill was gay. He’s clearly gay in the games. I don’t understand why bigoted people would play a game like TLOU when it’s clearly inclusive. But yes, I am so excited to see their story fleshed out. It wouldn’t have made sense in the game, so that’s why it’s great having a series to expand on these side characters. 

Spoiler

Please tell me you‘re joking? He is 100% gay. I guess some people (bigots) are still in denial after all this time. TLOU2 also got a lot of hate from those idiots for its „wokeness“ it‘s not even worth arguing with them.

45 minutes ago, Peep Show said:

That's fair. What we don't need is more backstory on a certain character in the second game... ugh, idk how to tag spoilers but PLEASE the less of her the better! 

1 minute ago, Peep Show said:
  Hide contents

Please tell me you‘re joking? He is 100% gay. I guess some people (bigots) are still in denial after all this time. TLOU2 also got a lot of hate from those idiots for its „wokeness“ it‘s not even worth arguing with them.

Spoiler

I wish I was lying. I’ve seen people saying they were just friends. Did they not read the letter Frank left behind or pay attention to the fact Bill referred to him as his ‘partner’ - I actually can’t cope with the sheer ignorance of some people. 

I’m excited for the episode but I just know we’re gonna get the usual ‘woke’ and ‘forced LGBT+’ comments even though he’s always been gay. 

I never argue with those types of people though, because it’s just a waste of time. I’ll go back to being open-minded and they can go back to not realising the human ass can indeed be washed. :bird:

Shook at finding out that the actress that played Sarah is Thandiwe Newton's daughter :eek: She did a great job in her scenes :clap3: 

15 minutes ago, Dystopian said:

i don't think the spores are that important to the story, they served as a game mechanic. the infection is still based on cordyceps which sets it apart from zombie franchises.

This is pretty much my stance on it as I feel like storylines such as…

Spoiler

Dina finding out Ellie is immune can be rectified with her being bitten instead of breathing in spores. There’s more than one way to show that somebody is immune, so I have faith they know what they’re doing. 

Edited by The Last of Us

9 minutes ago, Scarlett Witch said:

That's fair. What we don't need is more backstory on a certain character in the second game... ugh, idk how to tag spoilers but PLEASE the less of her the better! 

There’s an eye icon on the formatting bar above where you type your replies, highlight your chosen text and click that and it’ll put it into a spoiler box. 

Spoiler

I assume you mean Abby? I actually really enjoyed her as a character and wouldn’t mind seeing more of her. In some ways, I preferred her journey with Lev over Ellie and Dina’s which I didn’t expect. 

7 minutes ago, The Last of Us said:

I never argue with those types of people though, because it’s just a waste of time. I’ll go back to being open-minded and they can go back to not realising the human ass can indeed be washed:bird:

Oop :fan:

4 minutes ago, The Last of Us said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I wish I was lying. I’ve seen people saying they were just friends. Did they not read the letter Frank left behind or pay attention to the fact Bill referred to him as his ‘partner’ - I actually can’t cope with the sheer ignorance of some people. 

I’m excited for the episode but I just know we’re gonna get the usual ‘woke’ and ‘forced LGBT+’ comments even though he’s always been gay. 

I never argue with those types of people though, because it’s just a waste of time. I’ll go back to being open-minded and they can go back to not realising the human ass can indeed be washed. :bird:

Spoiler

That reminds me of the people who were in denial about Ellie being a lesbian for the longest time. „Riley was just a friend she cared a lot about“ even though Left Behind couldn‘t make it any more obvious how in love she was. :rip:

4 minutes ago, Peep Show said:
  Hide contents

That reminds me of the people who were in denial about Ellie being a lesbian for the longest time. „Riley was just a friend she cared a lot about“ even though Left Behind couldn‘t make it any more obvious how in love she was. :rip:

Spoiler

I remember seeing people complaining about Ellie being a lesbian in Part II like it was some sort of new revelation? These are also the same weirdos who lusted after her even though she’s 14 years old. 🤢 

There was nothing subtle about Left Behind, so I don’t get how these peoples minds work. Cordyceps would probably improve their personalities. :rip:

There’s an eye icon on the formatting bar above where you type your replies, highlight your chosen text and click that and it’ll put it into a spoiler box. 

Hide contents

I assume you mean Abby? I actually really enjoyed her as a character and wouldn’t mind seeing more of her. In some ways, I preferred her journey with Lev over Ellie and Dina’s which I didn’t expect. 

Spoiler

Abby is a great character. I mean was I upset when she killed Joel? Absofuckinglutely I wanted Ellie to go find and kill her in the worst way possible, but then they switched it up and I started realizing how damn similar Abby and Ellie actually are. I don‘t know how anyone can love Ellie, while hating on Abby. Let‘s not forget that Abby let Ellie live TWICE, but she chose to go after her again and again. They both lost the person they loved the most, which led them both to a very dark path. I could write a lot more, but honestly i‘ve had this conversation so many times with people before, i‘m tired.

Hide contents

I remember seeing people complaining about Ellie being a lesbian in Part II like it was some sort of new revelation? These are also the same weirdos who lusted after her even though she’s 14 years old. 🤢 

There was nothing subtle about Left Behind, so I don’t get how these peoples minds work. Cordyceps would probably improve their personalities. :rip:

Lmaooo drag them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.