The Last of Us | S1 | Out now, renewed for S2

Hephaestus

This was very good.

Im so happy to see queen Merle Dandridge as Marlene. I love this actress.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wrecked

• The Last of Us

• Hephaestus

• bjorn

Really enjoyed that. I had no idea what it was about when it started tbh. Didn't even know it had zombies... and fast ones at that, which I usually hate and think are corny, but this was well done and well explained.

The cast are great, talented actors. Such good kid/teen actors :clap3:

21 minutes ago, Peep Show said:
  Hide contents

Abby is a great character. I mean was I upset when she killed Joel? Absofuckinglutely I wanted Ellie to go find and kill her in the worst way possible, but then they switched it up and I started realizing how damn similar Abby and Ellie actually are. I don‘t know how anyone can love Ellie, while hating on Abby. Let‘s not forget that Abby let Ellie live TWICE, but she chose to go after her again and again. They both lost the person they loved the most, which led them both to a very dark path. I could write a lot more, but honestly i‘ve had this conversation so many times with people before, i‘m tired.

Spoiler

We’re so alike. I feel the exact same way, even right down to being tired of having this discussion. We loved and cared for Joel because we got to experience his story, but he did a lot of shitty things and he even admitted to it. He straight up told Ellie he used to be part of the Hunters who would kill people and steal their belongings. The apocalyptic world isn’t black and white. There’s a lot of grey. The line between good and bad is extremely blurred. Abby got revenge on the man who murdered her father in cold blood. We only ‘hated’ her for that because we loved Joel as a character. But wouldn’t we want to do the same thing if we were in her shoes? Ellie and Abby were both victims and neither of them deserved to die. I’m glad they were able to end their cycle of violence as far too many people died on both sides. 

16 minutes ago, Totami Legend said:

This was very good.

Im so happy to see queen Merle Dandridge as Marlene. I love this actress.

I’m still not over this scene. I actually audibly laughed! 

“Marlene, in the challenge you…bled. But on the main stage, your comedic chops kept us fed.”

spacer.png

34 minutes ago, The Last of Us said:

“Marlene, in the challenge you…bled. But on the main stage, your comedic chops kept us fed.”

spacer.png

my favorite thing about this little bit was that it’s so in line with the game’s moments of levity that give a nice breath amidst all the tension. hope we get a take on the magazine scene with Ellie too :dies:

Never played the game, just watched a friend play it for an hour. They did a great job capturing the feeling of the game and a game in general. Can't wait for episode 2! 

It looks great so far! The only doubt I had from the previews/trailers was Bella as Ellie, but it just goes to show you can't always judge from the smallest clips - any doubt I had is gone now. I would never have thought to cast Pedro as Joel, but he's perfect. And Marlene is perfectly cast too but I didn't realise until looking it up after the episode that it's the same actress that voices her in the game (Merle Dandridge).

The opening with Sarah felt just as heartbreaking as it did in the game.

Edited by Marla Singer

Spoiler

The part where the police car crashes into the other car to block the path of Joel/Sarah and Tommy is the most video game oriented thing I’ve ever seen in a show / movie before. :redface: I almost grabbed my controller getting ready to play after that “cut scene”.

I am crying we did it kids!!!

it was so good, like the entire atmosphere was exactly like the games, Pedro IS Joel, the mannerisms and his voice, he nailed it.

I loved Fringe and seeing Anna as Tess made me so happy.

I am so excited for more and all the iconic scenes from the games, Bill, Henry/Sam, Tommy/Maria, the sewer, school, the suburbs and the fact they will expand on all of these is just amazing.

The fact that we will find out more about this world we loved so much for years :jonny:

Even if we do not get season 2 as Part II the first game alone is enough for one perfect season

this was great! as a long time fan of TLOU (played it in 2014 for the first time) I would say it's off to great start! I was in shambles for the first 30 minutes, just the way they built tension was very emotionally affecting, and I had tears in my eyes for a solid 20 minutes. 

omg the scene when everything went to ****!!the plane crashing on the street, i was gagged, and when Sarah died I was got super emotional 

Pedro's great, and Bella Ramsey sounds JUST like Ellie at certain points, so glad it's working out so far:clap3:

Think Tess is d*ing next ep if they match the pace of the game:celestial5:

also dying to know the overall pacing, are we getting the entire first game in the first season? multiple seasons? certainly we'll know in a few eps just by how it's being paced. I think two seasons would be the sweet spot. Any more would be overextending and any shorter wouldn't give it enough time.

2 hours ago, The Last of Us said:

spacer.png

i screamed, was not prepared to laugh out loud at this show!

I don't mind the exclusion of spores. I find the tendrils more eerie, like that grandmother's mouth was ******* disgusting. :rip: I see they took some notes from Korea and made the infected faster.

Massive mega fan of TLOU games and episode 1 blew me away - a phenomenal "bringing to life" of the games, without just trying to recreate everything that the game already is. Can't say I've warmed to Ellie's actress yet, but there's time. Pedro is absolutely perfect, as is Marlene and Tess. Very excited for upcoming episodes! Clicker introduction surely coming in ep 2.

2 hours ago, Marla Singer said:

The opening with Sarah felt just as heartbreaking as it did in the game.

It really did! I was shook all over again. :'( 

2 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

also dying to know the overall pacing, are we getting the entire first game in the first season? multiple seasons? certainly we'll know in a few eps just by how it's being paced. I think two seasons would be the sweet spot. Any more would be overextending and any shorter wouldn't give it enough time.

I agree two seasons would be ideal but sadly I’ve read that the first season (9 episodes) is gonna cover the entire first game 

So the actress who played Tess is the one who played Wendy on Mindhunter? Ugh love her. Btw when is season 3 coming.

21 minutes ago, TheOnlyOne said:

I agree two seasons would be ideal but sadly I’ve read that the first season (9 episodes) is gonna cover the entire first game 

Thats....interesting

1 hour ago, TheOnlyOne said:

I could see

S1 (2023): Part I

S2 (2024): Part II (first half)

S3 (2025): Part II (second half)

S4 (2027): Part III after the game releases 

3 minutes ago, Starshine said:

I could see

S1 (2023): Part I

S2 (2024): Part II (first half)

S3 (2025): Part II (second half)

S4 (2027): Part III after the game releases 

I’m sure they will announce Part III game on S1 finale , and they will release it in summer 2025

the multiplayer game should be released later this year!!

1 minute ago, znake said:

I’m sure they will announce Part III game on S1 finale , and they will release it in summer 2025

the multiplayer game should be released later this year!!

I just assumed it's 7 years after Part II because they usually release the game near the end of the console life. 2025 would be a pleasant surprise though. Part III is going to be the game of the generation. :jonny5:

11 hours ago, The Last of Us said:
  Hide contents

I actually loved that flashback scene and thought it was an improvement over the game, as that entire section isn’t emotional in the game, whereas the TV version made me choke up. Pedro really nailed that scene, the way he was able to display grief and anger so perfectly without saying a single word. :clap3:

yeah i agree and i thought it was enough to not need the flashback

Edited by HabbGaga

16 minutes ago, Starshine said:

I just assumed it's 7 years after Part II because they usually release the game near the end of the console life. 2025 would be a pleasant surprise though. Part III is going to be the game of the generation. :jonny5:

Fingers crossed , we need Part III in  summer 2025 and Part IV in holidays 2028 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.