Drake earns 100th top-20 hit

Virgos Groove

4 minutes ago, spree said:

I can't even name 6 of his so-called "hits".  

yikes.

• ATRL Moderator

How many top 10 hits does he have? Wouldn't be surprised if he got 100 eventually :deadbanana:

24 minutes ago, Marvin said:

How many top 10 hits does he have? Wouldn't be surprised if he got 100 eventually :deadbanana:

59 I think? 

The McDonald's of rap. :clap3:

It's a bit insane he has THIS many hits and yet his only song as a lead/primary artist that feels like it truly became iconic and will be played for a long time is "Hotline Bling". His amount of classics pale in comparison to the other major major stars of the 2010s decade.

2 minutes ago, Protocol said:

It's a bit insane he has THIS many hits and yet his only song as a lead/primary artist that feels like it truly became iconic and will be played for a long time is "Hotline Bling". His amount of classics pale in comparison to the other major major stars of the 2010s decade.

One Dance as well. Honestly his hits pre-Scorpion actually felt like hits. After that it's just a bunch of quick debuts and freefalls for majority of his Top 10s.

14 minutes ago, Protocol said:

11 minutes ago, bad guy said:

One Dance as well. Honestly his hits pre-Scorpion actually felt like hits. After that it's just a bunch of quick debuts and freefalls for majority of his Top 10s.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Also, alot of his top ten/twenty hits are features and songs from his album bombs. They weren’t legitimate hits.

That said…

The features case is irrelevant since he’s a Rapper and Hip/Hop and R&B acts are known for collaborations.

OT: The Madonna of Rap. :clap3:

4 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Also, alot of his top ten/twenty hits are features and songs from his album bombs. They weren’t legitimate hits.

That said…

The features case is irrelevant since he’s a Rapper and Hip/Hop and R&B acts are known for collaborations.

OT: The Madonna of Rap. :clap3:

Totally. It's still mega impressive to be able to constantly send new songs to the Top 10, it shows his audience never gets tired of him.

I just think compared to the other huge stars of that late 00s generation like Taylor, Gaga, Bruno, Justin Bieber, Katy, Rihanna, Adele etc. he lacks classic hits that the public will still be playing many years in the future, will pop up in movies and ads, etc. His only one that fits that category is "Hotline Bling" IMO.

2 hours ago, spree said:

then ur like 12 or have been living in a basement for the past decade or both

2 hours ago, spree said:

Sounds like a you problem, old stuff

Artist of the decade! :jonny:

Absolutely tragic, straights are the pits.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.