Saw XI (2025) | Delayed to 2025

genetic fail

Tobin Bell was already old as **** in the third movie, I cannot believe they got him in this one, but I'm glad they got king Tobin back, literally the only good actor in the entire franchise 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• justin.

• ChapelHooker

• Tiziano's Boy

• Roberto

1 hour ago, Gesamtkunstwerk said:

Tobin Bell was already old as **** in the third movie, I cannot believe they got him in this one, but I'm glad they got king Tobin back, literally the only good actor in the entire franchise 

lets not pretend like Shawnee Smith didn't chew up every single scene she was in.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yasss Amanda legend! :alexz:

we dont need this. 1-2 were good the rest is complete trash. a product of its time like paranomal activity

ahhhhh I'm so on board if Amanda is back :jonnycat: by far the most developed and interesting character in the entire series

They could really do with entirely rebooting or remaking it at this point. A retcon is absolutely necessary because the entire series as it stands is super confusing and convoluted. I’ll always watch the new ones, but the last few have not been it. 

1 hour ago, ConceptD said:

They could really do with entirely rebooting or remaking it at this point. A retcon is absolutely necessary because the entire series as it stands is super confusing and convoluted. I’ll always watch the new ones, but the last few have not been it. 

agreed. the later movies got really bad. 1-3 were good but even 3 wasnt the best. jigsaw wasnt terrible but please can they stop with the detective story lines. having detectives trying to find the game worked for 1 and 2 but ruined the plot for the remaining movies. a reboot would be best with a copycat killer or something. this movie is supposed to take place between 1 and 2 i think so it wont be a reboot but lets hope its quality

2 hours ago, stophittingmedad said:

agreed. the later movies got really bad. 1-3 were good but even 3 wasnt the best. jigsaw wasnt terrible but please can they stop with the detective story lines. having detectives trying to find the game worked for 1 and 2 but ruined the plot for the remaining movies. a reboot would be best with a copycat killer or something. this movie is supposed to take place between 1 and 2 i think so it wont be a reboot but lets hope its quality

Imagine how refreshing it would be if they went back to basics and we had 2 or 3 people waking up confused not knowing what’s going on without the search subplots or infamous serial killer thing. The first and second are so, so good but apart from the traps the later sequels don’t really bare much resemblance to them. The entire franchise seems like a big blur to me where I can’t even remember what was going on in half of them despite rewatching them all like 2 months ago. 

also if they’re trying to pull a Halloween/scream by bringing Shawnee back and doing a requel it’s not going to work because she’s not a well known horror character. They need to keep it simple. I’m also mad that they’re seemingly bringing Tobin bell back too because at this point it’s been done to death and we’ve had multiple storylines around whether he is or isn’t dead already only to find out he actually is dead. It’s so convoluted. Start fresh in a universe where none of the other movies happened. 

10 hours ago, Canon said:

Shawnee Smith Yes

Ticket Sales Yes

Its just the way it is :sistrens:

Shawnee Smith, the Lady Gaga of horror movies. :gaycat4:

Wasn't that Spiral basically? :gaycat5:

If Tobin and Shawnee are back…it’s gonna be another flashback esque movie? 

They really effed up killing Tobin and Shawnee’s character so early on in the series, especially since Tobin continued to be the main focal of the series :skull: 

at this point I’d be here to just pretend like they were never killed ajsks or set a movie in a completely different universe but with the same premise, I love the series so much but it’s just been miss after miss ugh 

3 hours ago, EriKills said:

They really effed up killing Tobin and Shawnee’s character so early on in the series, especially since Tobin continued to be the main focal of the series :skull: 

at this point I’d be here to just pretend like they were never killed ajsks or set a movie in a completely different universe but with the same premise, I love the series so much but it’s just been miss after miss ugh 

The movie is set after the first one. 

6 hours ago, EriKills said:

If Halloween can have branching timelines, Saw can too :gaycat2: The mainline series plot is so convoluted and messy we're due for a alternate universe where John and Amanda (somehow) survive the events of Saw 3. 

Another part of me wishes Dead by Daylight had a Netflix series and the Entity takes Amanda (played by Shawnee :chick1:) juuuuust before she dies in Saw 3 and we get to watch her navigate the trials as The Pig. 

12 hours ago, ConceptD said:

Imagine how refreshing it would be if they went back to basics and we had 2 or 3 people waking up confused not knowing what’s going on without the search subplots or infamous serial killer thing. The first and second are so, so good but apart from the traps the later sequels don’t really bare much resemblance to them. The entire franchise seems like a big blur to me where I can’t even remember what was going on in half of them despite rewatching them all like 2 months ago. 

also if they’re trying to pull a Halloween/scream by bringing Shawnee back and doing a requel it’s not going to work because she’s not a well known horror character. They need to keep it simple. I’m also mad that they’re seemingly bringing Tobin bell back too because at this point it’s been done to death and we’ve had multiple storylines around whether he is or isn’t dead already only to find out he actually is dead. It’s so convoluted. Start fresh in a universe where none of the other movies happened. 

i don’t remember what happened in 4-8 or whatever except it being basically all about the detectives taking over which is lame. also all of the traps about one person having to save a bunch of people which again is lame and seems against the whole “will to survive” aspect. 

a fresh start is exactly what they need but with tobin and shawnee back and with the pervious director that looks to not be happening. let’s hope the movie is basically saw 2.5 since they’ll both be back and at least sets it up for better remaining movies. 

12 hours ago, Roberto said:

Wasn't that Spiral basically? :gaycat5:

i said WITHOUT the detectives. spiral was basically a detective movie with some traps.

because of this thread i watched saw 2 last night and that movie is so good it really has everything - great twists and interesting traps. it might be better than the first one. 

im reading the synopsis of the other sequels and they’re so bad lmao the turn that the movies take is so wack when they could have gone almost any other direction and had some good movies. 

i saw a photo online of the bathroom from the first movie being rebuilt and i’m like again… can we move tf on 

i don’t remember what happened in 4-8 or whatever except it being basically all about the detectives taking over which is lame. also all of the traps about one person having to save a bunch of people which again is lame and seems against the whole “will to survive” aspect. 

a fresh start is exactly what they need but with tobin and shawnee back and with the pervious director that looks to not be happening. let’s hope the movie is basically saw 2.5 since they’ll both be back and at least sets it up for better remaining movies. 

i said WITHOUT the detectives. spiral was basically a detective movie with some traps.

Not to mention how the traps literally became unbeatable which is the complete opposite of how the series started. 

• 3 months later...

jL2LzVX.png

Filming wrapped a month ago.

Tobin Bell and Shawnee Smith return as John Kramer and Amanda Young respectively. 

Allegedly set between Saw and Saw II.

Directed by Kevin Greutert, who directed Saw VI and Saw VII.

Written by Josh Stolberg and Pete Goldfinger, who wrote Jigsaw and Spiral.

October 27

This got stale like 5 movies ago, but the fact that it's set between the first two movies and Tobin Bell is back, maybe there's hope.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.