Mediatraffic: 10 Best selling Female albums of the decade (So Far...)

Ivan_brit

Based on Mediatraffic this are so far The 10 Best Selling Female albums of the decade (2020-2022)

Yes I already know this is not the best source neither that Chartmasters one but I found it really intresting the best Selling albums by at Female so far this decade 

Dua Lipa driving a car in a cosmos. On the top left, there is a moon.
#01. Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia = 6,566,000

Olivia Rodrigo crossing her arms and sticking her tongue out. Her face is covered in stickers, with the ones on her tongue spelling out "SOUR".
#02. Olivia Rodrigo - Sour = 6,330,000

Eilish sits on the edge of a white bed, in front of a dark background. She wears white clothing, with white eyes while smiling demonically at the camera.
#03. Billie Eilish - When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? = 5,685,000 (10,175,000)

Cover artwork of Folklore
#04. Taylor Swift - Folklore = 5,569,000

A portrait of Adele against a blue background, depicting her side profile.
#05. Adele - 30 = 5,287,000

Doja Cat covered in blue paint and glitter, touching the side of her face with her right hand. The background is predominantly blue and purple, evocative of a galaxy. On the center, the text "PLANET HER DOJA CAT" is printed in white text, rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. The text in question is read from bottom to top.
#06. Doja Cat - Planet Her = 4,014,000

Cover artwork of Evermore
#07. Taylor Swift - Evermore = 3,432,000

A monochrome portrait of Ariana Grande touching her face, looking to her right. The image consists only of white and blue green hues, framed by a white border with rounded corners. At the bottom of the picture stands the album title "POSITIONS", printed in white letters.
#08. Ariana Grande - Positions = 3,370,000

Cover art for Happier Than Ever: Billie Eilish with blonde hair and a white off-the-shoulder jacket, hugging herself. Behind her is a backdrop colored brown.
#09. Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever = 3,239,000

Cover artwork of Red (Taylor's Version) by Taylor Swift
#10. Taylor Swift - Red (Taylor Version) = 2,833,000

Are you surprised by any album?

Did your fave Female album at the Top 10?

I was shook by Doja Cat above 4 Million :eek:  she really came hard with era 

Dua Lipa :clap3:

Just now, PopKills said:

Seems about right. Mediatraffic is chartpoint based right? 

yes :smiley:

Dua :clap3:the most global out of the new girls, wbk

Dua being #1 seems about right :gayalipacat3:

Sour with only 11 tracks and no re-release :clap3:

Billie with 2 albums despite Atrl called her 2019 fad :clap3:

Taylor with 3 Albums :clap3:

13 hours ago, Protocol said:

Their numbers are so off. ChartMasters >>>

2 hours ago, favorite crime said:

chartmasters>>>>>

point-based systems stupid af

I know Mediatraffic is not the best source but that Chart Masters one is also terrible with exaggerated numbers… I bet that Liam Payne album is above 3 million acording to them Lol 

They are messy for example watch Cardi new album be automatically 3 million even before the release with WAP, Up & The new single… Mediatraffic only counts sales counting since release week 

The Top 10 actually make sense to el overall I feel this are the best selling female albums of the decade 

34 minutes ago, Ivan_brit said:

I know Mediatraffic is not the best source but that Chart Masters one is also terrible with exaggerated numbers… I bet that Liam Payne album is above 3 million acording to them Lol 

They are messy for example watch Cardi new album be automatically 3 million even before the release with WAP, Up & The new single… Mediatraffic only counts sales counting since release week 

The Top 10 actually make sense to el overall I feel this are the best selling female albums of the decade 

i mean there's nothing wrong with counting pre-release units for an album. that's what even official organizations like the riaa do. what's the difference between counting the streams of a single before album release and after?

25 minutes ago, favorite crime said:

i mean there's nothing wrong with counting pre-release units for an album. that's what even official organizations like the riaa do. what's the difference between counting the streams of a single before album release and after?

It’s fine when is 1 or 2 songs or 3-4 months before the album release 

But there are some situations where there are like more than 1 year before release & like 6 songs… Example Ava Max album came to my mind 

1 hour ago, Ivan_brit said:

Well, Liam's album was basically a compilation of all the singles he released which included some pretty big streaming hits like "Strip That Down", the 50 Shades single with Rita Ora, his J Balvin collab also did decent streams, so they wouldn't be that far off. What they measure is the overall consumption for the entire era including any songs released pre-album. Whereas MediaTraffic (poorly) measures numbers once the album is released. HDD and Billboard tend to report numbers based on the overall consumption of the era.

14 hours ago, family.guy123 said:

And male?

Top 10 Males look something like this:

1. BTS - Map Of The Soul: 7' by BTS (Bangtan Boys) = 8,115,000
2. Harry Styles - Fine Line = 7,017,000
3. Pop Smoke - Shoot For The Stars, Aim For The Moon = 6,998,000
4. The Weeknd - After Hours = 6,531,000
5. Post Malone - Hollywood's Bleeding = 5,582,000
6. Morgan Wallen - Dangerous: The Double Album = 5,222,000
7. Lewis Capaldi - Divinely Uninspired To A Hellish Extent = ∼ 5,000,000 (5,629,000)
8. Lil Baby - My Turn = 4,591,000
9. Drake - Certified Lover Boy = 4,344,000
10. The Kid Laroi - *** Love = 4,114,000

There are more competition I hope I did not miss any male album 

14 hours ago, Arrows said:

folklore and evermore, the only albums without hits

Wow what a flex

96290716_565928417677642_788753119941597

9 hours ago, Аshanti said:

Wow what a flex

96290716_565928417677642_788753119941597

An album artist indeed, an anomaly :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.