Is Gaga the most successful transition to film since Barbra Streisand?

Link16

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Assassin

• EnigmaticAndroid

• GraceRandolph

• Resquid

Undoubtedly. Her first lead film role was less than four years ago and now she’s an undeniable BISMS and Academy Award staple. 

Checks: secured!

Oscars: in the bag!

Acclaim: collected!

Respect: earned!

Like who else but the Entertainment Industry. :gaygacat5:Saying someone else is simply pure delusion. But this is ATRL so they will find a way. Thank God the rest of the world and the industry don't share the same level of stupidity. 

Edited by Blade Runner

Babs was a known/acclaimed actress before she was a music star so I wouldn't use her as a reference point. Cher would make more sense and imo Gar's run so far (ASIB- HoG) is stronger than hers (Silkwood- Mask).

Absolutely, she is a brilliant actress. I would also give my left testicle for her to do another season of AHS. :worship2:

Absolutely. On top of that she is also the greatest pop artist of the century.

This double success puts her as the only worthy candidate to greatest entertainer alive EASILY :soda:

no wonder OGH’s have been melting down left and right lately 

629217.jpg

she hasn't reached Beyonce level movie salary, but maybe she will get there one day.

Just now, Assassin said:

she hasn't reached Beyonce level movie salary, but maybe she will get there one day.

Take your irrelevant faves and go, this is gaga’s world :heart:

629217.jpg

5 minutes ago, Assassin said:

I...

Lemme not.

Cameltoe Chariot
5 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Truly the most delusional and embarrassing attempt at a drag by an OGH I think I've ever seen, congrats queen :bibliahh:

4 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Truly the most delusional and embarrassing attempt at a drag by an OGH I think I've ever seen, congrats queen :bibliahh:

he’s right lol? Beyoncé made $15m for lion king 

Edited by Material Girl

11 minutes ago, Assassin said:

Do you really want us to drag Beyonce's attempts at being taken seriously as an actress, really? :toofunny2:

Just now, Material Girl said:

And $12.5M for Dreamgirls back in 2006.

36 minutes ago, Link16 said:

Vas a FLIPAR con la reacción que ha tenido Madonna tras saber que Lady Gaga  ha ganado un Oscar

Is Gaga the most successful transition from music to film since Barbra Streisand?

Jlo?

Seems pretty obvious that the industry noticed her making ASIB a huge hit and single handedly saving HOG from bombing. There's nothing better for an actor's career than being a box office draw, not even all the A list actors have that. :alexz3:

I would compare her to Cher as Barbra was always an actress but then she's kinda doing better than Cher so far. :jonny5:

Ignore the trolls, don't drag Beyonce. Beyonce has nothing to do with this. :heart2:

Edited by Mikeymoonshine

I would say so, yes. HOG was a decent follow up to ASIB, not the best, but she did it and that's that. 

As a Gaga stan through and through, I'll still say I'm shocked she has been so well received as an actress. It's deserved, but it still surprised me. I'm curious to see what she'll do after Joker. I do think her career from here on out will likely be actress more than musician and I'm okay with that.

Yes although 8 Mile opening to $70M+ was absolutely huge and unprecedented and Eminem could've been a real film star if he had wanted to.

12 minutes ago, Blue G said:

Jlo?

JLo started as a dancer, then actress, then singer. Before "If You Had My Love" came out she was already famous for Selena and Out of Sight.

16 minutes ago, Material Girl said:

If you can't quote Hollywood Reporter, Variety, or Deadline, then don't quote a number. Those are the only sources worth trusting. None of them reported Beyonce making $15M for Lion King, which is an insane number considering she hadn't done a movie in like 10 years.

14 minutes ago, Blue G said:

Jlo?

Noup. When talking about successful Hollywood transitions, now Gaga is the standard. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.