Is “RENAISSANCE” the real “reputation”?

Angelo

reputation era theme is “There will be no further explanation. There will just be reputation.”

Beyonce released RENAISSANCE without explanation… not even a music video. She just let the music speak for itself. Do you think that is what reputation era should have been like?

thoughts. 

Literally the only difference in their releases is that Taylor had a music video release a few days after the single, and a longer lead time so she released some other prerelease songs and another single. She also did 0 interviews or promo. 

I don’t think “the real reputation” is even the point of discussion. I think Bey’s rollout speaks more to how the industry has changed and how if you are established, you don’t really need a million prerelease songs to build hype (plus Bey is a legend and invented /proved the surprise album drop concept so even more so she doesn’t need it).

Besides, even without the video Bey released a few remixes etc to drive interest to BMS on release week. So she is still using some tactics to promote, like Taylor has done for evermore for example.

They are just two of the top females in the industry and are exploring how much effort is really needed on their part for success. 

2 minutes ago, americanshameless said:

FFE8-A60-C-4-EBB-472-D-B1-BA-8-DA4-C3-A5

She was a VERY extra during that debut video, that was inspired by Beyoncé FYI, having diss Kim and Katy while hosting the VMAs. That sh*t was a hot *ss mess and I lived :skull: 

I did sleep on that album. It’s was an Era!

Beyoncé hasn’t been doing interviews since  Self Titled.  I am really struggling to find any logical comparisons between these eras. 

31 minutes ago, youreyesgocold said:

Literally the only difference in their releases is that Taylor had a music video release a few days after the single, and a longer lead time so she released some other prerelease songs and another single. She also did 0 interviews or promo. 

I don’t think “the real reputation” is even the point of discussion. I think Bey’s rollout speaks more to how the industry has changed and how if you are established, you don’t really need a million prerelease songs to build hype (plus Bey is a legend and invented /proved the surprise album drop concept so even more so she doesn’t need it).

Besides, even without the video Bey released a few remixes etc to drive interest to BMS on release week. So she is still using some tactics to promote, like Taylor has done for evermore for example.

They are just two of the top females in the industry and are exploring how much effort is really needed on their part for success. 

What is promo to you then? This is straight from her wiki

In August 2017, United Parcel Service (UPS) announced it would be the "Official Delivery Partner" for Reputation. UPS trucks in select cities featured the Reputation album cover, and fans were encouraged to take pictures of the trucks and post images to Twitter with a hashtag for an "improved opportunity" to buy concert tickets.

A month before the album's release, Swift hosted exclusive secret sessions. She said, "Everything about this album is a secret." Each party had a number of attendees, with a total of 500 fans chosen from around the world, for whom the album was played but none of them leaked any music. The behind the scenes footage for the sessions was released on November 7 on ABC's Good Morning America. Swift partnered with AT&T to produce a multi-part behind-the-scenes series chronicling the making of Reputation, titled "The Making of a Song". The online series started on November 1 on AT&T's YouTube channel.

On November 9, a performance of the song "New Year's Day" was premiered during the broadcast of an episode of ABC's Scandal. It was filmed in one of the secret sessions, held at Swift's home in Rhode Island on October 18, with an audience of 100 fans. An extended version of Swift's performance was aired on November 10, during The DUFF's air on Freeform. On November 11, Swift was the musical guest on the fifth episode of the 43rd season of Saturday Night Live, where she performed "...Ready for It?" and "Call It What You Want" from the album. 

And same with Bey. It's not like she did nothing. She WILL release an MV and I believe we will have a line ups of performances in the upcoming months. Y'll betta ready for it.mp3 :gaycat5:

Self-Titled is more “let my work speak for itself” than Renaissance. Obviously it had visuals, but it was literally released with no real prior rollout. 

I’d also argue that Folklore is more “let the work speak for itself” than Reputation 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.